Hello Everyone, I am at my wits end. I recently purchased a used AT&T Passport with the intention to unlock it and use it on T-Mobile. I really wanted the AT&T variant because it has the same form as the Silver one but with wireless charging. After a few failed attempts to procure one on ebay, I finally found one on Amazon. It came and although it looked slightly used, it was in excellent condition. Great I thought! One last hurtle, and that is to unlock it. I went online and paid a company to provide an unlock code. They gave me a 16 digit code, I entered it, it did not work. Wrote them back and they said try using the first 8 digits only. I tried that and it still didn't work. I contacted AT&T, the phone and IMEI are in good standing. They provided me with a code. It was the same code I got from the unlocking company. I tried entering it again a few times, nothing... I then tried reverting the OS back to an older previous at&t os, then ran the updater to get to an official at&t released os. Tried again with the 16 and 8 digit codes and still nothing. I am down to 3 attempts left. I am convinced that the Universe does not want me to have this phone. Before I give up, does anyone have any advice, or know of anything that might help me out. I don't understand, I have unlocked a handful of phones in my life but this one doesn't want to leave AT&T I guess.
    Last edited by The Adventurer; 10-08-16 at 03:10 PM.
    10-08-16 02:33 PM
    I too think the universe does not want me to have a passport!

I purchased one on ebay and it had a horrible double typing issue, of course the seller said it never did that before. Returned it full refund.

Just sent back my second one because it was having major software issues with an older os installed on to bypass the BlackBerry protect because the phone was lost it stolen (confirmed by BlackBerry). It was completely unusable. And of course the seller said the phone was perfect before.

Now I'm on my 3rd one. I quit taking chances with ebay and picked up a NEW one from amazon.

I wish you luck

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 03:08 PM
    Stupid question, I know when I bought two AT&T Priv's that came with unlock code, I put in my T-Mobile SIM prior to powering on device';, then the screen popped up asking for code and wham both unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 05:14 PM
    Stupid question, I know when I bought two AT&T Priv's that came with unlock code, I put in my T-Mobile SIM prior to powering on device';, then the screen popped up asking for code and wham both unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    How is this a stupid question? Because you bought two different phones and your unlocked codes worked... that makes my situation stupid?? All I am asking is this: I have an unusual situation, has anyone else experienced something similar? If so, what did you do? I know others have experienced unlock codes not working (just do an internet search and you will see. Some people in the android world have been able to type different *#* codes to access settings. I don't know if something like that is available with Blackberry. All I am asking for is a little help).

In the short time this post has been active, I received several private messages from people offering to sell me their phone, or for me to make them an offer. I appreciate it, but I am not interested in buying your phone. I want to make my phone work. I don't want to throw more good money after bad.
    10-08-16 05:45 PM
    Take it to the carrier support Center if the codes are not working.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 08:01 PM
    How is this a stupid question? Because you bought two different phones and your unlocked codes worked... that makes my situation stupid?? All I am asking is this: I have an unusual situation, has anyone else experienced something similar? If so, what did you do? I know others have experienced unlock codes not working (just do an internet search and you will see. Some people in the android world have been able to type different *#* codes to access settings. I don't know if something like that is available with Blackberry. All I am asking for is a little help).

In the short time this post has been active, I received several private messages from people offering to sell me their phone, or for me to make them an offer. I appreciate it, but I am not interested in buying your phone. I want to make my phone work. I don't want to throw more good money after bad.
    Lol Re read, people tend to shut: down once they see something and listen to reply versus listen to comprehend. My question was stupid, I was basically putting that out there and saying hey this is what I did and it worked for me try that. I was trying to help lol

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 10:40 PM
    I just have to ask, to cover all the bases.

Did you get your imei through *#06# or by the sticker in the back of the phone?
    10-09-16 08:34 AM
    I just have to ask, to cover all the bases.

Did you get your imei through *#06# or by the sticker in the back of the phone?
    I got it through *#06#.
    10-09-16 11:57 AM
    Take it to the carrier support Center if the codes are not working.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I just tried that. I told them everything I had tried. They spent some time reviewing everything. They had me factory reset it, they even claimed to unlock it on their computer, which I was skeptical of that. Then they physically put the unlock code in and it did not work. They finally asked me if I spoke to Blackberry about this. I told them no and said, can blackberry unlock a carrier unlocked phone?" They said at this point they are out of options and that there must be something wrong with the phone. UGH.

So, who wants a good passport that has 2 unlock attempts left, and locked to AT&T? I will probably put this on ebay for less than $100 and try and get some of the money back. If you want it keep an eye out for it.

Thanks everyone. It was not in the cards for me this time...
    10-09-16 01:26 PM
    You should call blackberry and describe your situation

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 04:07 PM

I don't think they were calling your question stupid, I think they were suggesting that you put your sim card in first.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    10-09-16 10:12 PM
    You should call blackberry and describe your situation

Posted via CB10
    I think the problem is going to be with AT&T because, as I understand it (and I could be wrong), only the carrier can unlock the phone unless you do rooting or some other method.
    10-10-16 10:36 AM
    Att will not be able to unlock if the phone if its not paid for by previous owner. Plus you need to be a customer.

Yes you are wrong. The Blackberry unlocker guys around here can unlock a att Passport for about $35.00

My att Passport is unlocked and I am considering selling it for a new SE. It has Body Glove and Blacke Seidio cases. Nice condition and no problems.

These guys work http://www.blackberrycodesource.com/ and used to be partnered with CB if I remember better
    10-10-16 11:48 AM
    I think the problem is going to be with AT&T because, as I understand it (and I could be wrong), only the carrier can unlock the phone unless you do rooting or some other method.
    I won't get into it, but from everything I am seeing and hearing both from BB and AT&T, I think this is the case also.
    10-10-16 05:57 PM
    Att will not be able to unlock if the phone if its not paid for by previous owner. Plus you need to be a customer.

Yes you are wrong. The Blackberry unlocker guys around here can unlock a att Passport for about $35.00

My att Passport is unlocked and I am considering selling it for a new SE. It has Body Glove and Blacke Seidio cases. Nice condition and no problems.

These guys work Unlock Blackberry - Blackberry Unlock Code - Blackberry Unlocking and used to be partnered with CB if I remember better
    Thanks Dude. I was really tempted to do this, but then I thought to myself - I already got an unlock code directly from AT&T and I already got a code from another unlocking company, (which happened to be the same code). When I went to AT&T the lady and the guy that helped me were very nice. They said the phone was in good standing with them, not stolen or unpaid for. I got the impression that the phone belonged to someone who has since left. Whither they left AT&T or left this earth, I don't know... but it was in good standing with them. They also said that me not being an AT&T mobile customer doesn't matter. They are required by law to unlock it, if the phone was paid for and the account was in good standing.

When I got home last night, I started playing around with the Passport and comparing it to my current phone, the Classic. When I started comparing the video quality between the Passport and the Classic, I was blown away at the difference in quality. The 1080P 60fpm compared to the 1080i 30pfm, was night a day (in average lighting conditions). I realized I am wasting time di**ing around with something that the Gods don't want me to have, so I bought an SE directly from BB. It is more important to me to take good videos of my kids while we are out doing something than to spend any more time messing around with an AT&T phone in the hopes I can have wireless charging in a BB. Long story short, I am done. Maybe I am dyslexic and cant enter the 16 digit code! Oh well, lesson learned. Always buy unlocked! Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by The Adventurer; 10-11-16 at 12:29 AM.
    10-10-16 06:17 PM
    Lol Re read, people tend to shut: down once they see something and listen to reply versus listen to comprehend. My question was stupid, I was basically putting that out there and saying hey this is what I did and it worked for me try that. I was trying to help lol

Posted via CB10
    I am really sorry. I misread your message. I see what you were saying now. Sorry it has been a frustrating few days.
    10-11-16 12:32 AM
    So can this thread be closed now? Lol

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    10-11-16 09:41 AM