Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi,all friends and blackberry fans. I heard some news from bbm group. That someone said we can not use any blackberry device after blackberry closed all of BB10 server. Please note my meanings is server close. So we can't make a call and use internet? Is that true? If blackberry do it we will ask blackberry refund our money back!

Blackberry Passport silver edit 10.3.3 2137
    10-09-18 03:44 AM
    Hi,all friends and blackberry fans. I heard some news from bbm group. That someone said we can not use any blackberry device after blackberry closed all of BB10 server. Please note my meanings is server close. So we can't make a call and use internet? Is that true? If blackberry do it we will ask blackberry refund our money back!

Nobody knows for sure and there are no refunds.
    10-09-18 06:14 AM

Passport SE came out in 2015, so it will be over 4 years old at EOL.
    10-09-18 06:44 AM
    I don't think this is true.
    BlackBerry 10 data doesn't go through BlackBerry's servers.
    There may be more issues with older BlackBerry operating systems.
    10-09-18 07:00 AM
    I think it can be used for texts, calls and internet surfing. Thats it. Will become an exclusive basic/feature phone.
    10-09-18 07:43 AM
    I don't think this is true.
    BlackBerry 10 data doesn't go through BlackBerry's servers.
    There may be more issues with older BlackBerry operating systems.
    That's not the issue.

Without BBID authentication, you can't do a security wipe, run an autoloader, or restore a backup.

We will have to see what infrastructure is left working in 2010.
    10-09-18 07:46 AM
    I think it can be used for texts, calls and internet surfing. Thats it. Will become an exclusive basic/feature phone.
    We don't have enough information to make any assumptions.
    10-09-18 07:47 AM
    We have October 2018 and you discussing what will may be happen on 1st of January 2020. Should we discuss this over 1 year long?
    Just relax, use your passport and we will see what happens then.
    Every day a new discussion about this neverending story, it´s a bit annoying...
    ppeters914 likes this.
    10-09-18 08:04 AM
    I will keep using my PP until after Christmas of 2019. Then I will scoop up a cheap used key2 from someone who got something newer that Christmas

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter and ppeters914 like this.
    10-09-18 01:07 PM
    I hope so. That's what I use BlackBerry for, the basics.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-18 01:26 PM
    We have October 2018 and you discussing what will may be happen on 1st of January 2020. Should we discuss this over 1 year long?
    I love my passport. I don't want it becomes a only phone.

10-09-18 05:18 PM
    I hope so. That's what I use BlackBerry for, the basics.

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha. I like your point

10-09-18 05:19 PM
    Stop making so much sense... I am currently enjoying bb10 in including my silver passport and we shall see what happens in 2020.
    Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.3216

Posted via CB10
    10-09-18 07:32 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ElGorgon; 10-10-18 at 09:06 AM.
    10-10-18 08:56 AM
    The BB protect servers is my main concern, although this can be passed with radio off. I do not know if BBID for Android share the same server databases with BBID for BB10. The problem is if those servers become decommissioned. We, the BB10 die-hards, really do not know. What I know for certain though, is that there is no daily task I need that my Passport cannot handle, that is for sure now in the end of 2018. I enjoy its futuristic design, I appreciate its truly innovative design and functionality. Sadly that idea was not adopted by other manufacturers and many brands managed to sell mediocre devices successfully due to annoyingly shiny advert campaigns. I like BB10, it is rock-solid, my phone is healthy as it was when I got it this February. Let's hope BB10 will remain alive for at least the basic functionality we can have. I am surprised how the browser works with many sites that do not complain about invalid certificates.
    10-10-18 11:41 AM
    The BB protect servers is my main concern, although this can be passed with radio off. I do not know if BBID for Android share the same server databases with BBID for BB10. The problem is if those servers become decommissioned. We, the BB10 die-hards, really do not know. What I know for certain though, is that there is no daily task I need that my Passport cannot handle, that is for sure now in the end of 2018. I enjoy its futuristic design, I appreciate its truly innovative design and functionality. Sadly that idea was not adopted by other manufacturers and many brands managed to sell mediocre devices successfully due to annoyingly shiny advert campaigns. I like BB10, it is rock-solid, my phone is healthy as it was when I got it this February. Let's hope BB10 will remain alive for at least the basic functionality we can have. I am surprised how the browser works with many sites that do not complain about invalid certificates.
    BBAndroid ddoesnt have BBID same way like previous BBOS and BB10 OS
    10-10-18 05:03 PM
    The only use for BBID on Android is grandfathered BBM accounts (i.e. not phone numbers). Apps and backups and such are tied to Google accounts.
    10-10-18 05:15 PM
    So, basically we have enough confidence to say we don't know the actual outcome. (but still some more time left to enjoy the Passport).
    10-10-18 05:21 PM
  19. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    I love my passport. I don't want it becomes a only phone.

sadly, we hoping it will be fine

 BlackBerry Passport RED Edition 10.3.3.2049
    10-12-18 02:31 AM