Is there any way to use amazon prime on a passport?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 12:50 PM
    Not at this moment I time, it was working a while back but since blackberry and amazon went into partnership, prime pretty much stopped.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 12:56 PM
    Prime video...no. Prime music yes!
    05-15-15 12:57 PM
    Prime instant video is working fine on my passport, haven't tried the music yet

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:19 PM
    For Prime Instant Video, you need to directly download the APK from third party source. Also, Amazon app that is on Google Play (accessible through Snap) will not work for Prime Instant Video because it's basically a castrated version of the one that is only officially hosted on Amazon App Store. It's a huge hassle even for Android users, except for Amazon Kindle device users. Bottom line you need Amazon and Prime Instant Video apps together and they are only officially hosted on Amazon app store. Not Google Play, and unofficially hosted in some other places. The reason for all this trouble? Amazon wants you to use their app store badly in lieu of Google Play if you are using Android handsets. Prime Instant Video works just fine on BlackBerry 10, a little slow to start, but works.
    05-15-15 01:23 PM
    I just downloaded Amazon Prime from a third party source and it worked.

Posted Via CB10 From My Z30 Running On OS10.3.2.680
    05-15-15 02:00 PM
    For Prime Instant Video, you need to directly download the APK from third party source. Also, Amazon app that is on Google Play (accessible through Snap) will not work for Prime Instant Video because it's basically a castrated version of the one that is only officially hosted on Amazon App Store. It's a huge hassle even for Android users, except for Amazon Kindle device users. Bottom line you need Amazon and Prime Instant Video apps together and they are only officially hosted on Amazon app store. Not Google Play, and unofficially hosted in some other places. The reason for all this trouble? Amazon wants you to use their app store badly in lieu of Google Play if you are using Android handsets. Prime Instant Video works just fine on BlackBerry 10, a little slow to start, but works.
    This is why I bought a galaxy s6 edge. The lack of quality apps, time efficient OS and app updates are the primary reasons I left BB. Not to mention their ****tttty customer service!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-15-15 02:16 PM
    This is why I bought a galaxy s6 edge. The lack of quality apps, time efficient OS and app updates are the primary reasons I left BB. Not to mention their ****tttty customer service!

Perfectly understandable. I have no hate against BlackBerry and love BlackBerry 10 for what it is but I ended up leaving the platform too when I bought my Nexus 6 when I decided enough was enough with the ecosystem problems.
    thman558 likes this.
    05-15-15 03:18 PM
    I thought android doesn't have official amazon prime. Only ios and kindle device have them.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 03:22 PM
    Prime Video and Prime Music both working fine!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 03:29 PM
    Yes. Prime stuff works on my Passport. PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500

Posted via BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    05-15-15 08:40 PM
    The Appstore won't show me the Prime Instant Video app. When I use the Amazon app to access a video, it gets me to the Prime Video app download page. But that keeps giving me a download error. So, where can I safely download the apk?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 08:44 PM
    05-15-15 08:48 PM
    Thanks. Just got it.

EDIT: And I just tested it. Works fine.
    Last edited by kraski; 05-16-15 at 08:14 AM.
    05-16-15 07:57 AM
    Great. Glad you're sorted.
    05-16-15 10:19 AM

But you still here ...

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 01:27 PM
    I thought android doesn't have official amazon prime. Only ios and kindle device have them.

Posted via CB10
    They created an Android app a while back.
    05-16-15 02:14 PM
    But you still here ...

Posted via CB10
    He needs to tell everyone how ****ty it is before he goes.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    05-16-15 02:20 PM
    They created an Android app a while back.
    I must be blind I have android device and I can't find them in google playstore.
    05-16-15 02:32 PM
    I must be blind I have android device and I can't find them in google playstore.
    You'll need to get it from Amazon Appstore.

IIRC, it was hosted in the Play Store for a while (hidden in the Amazon shopping app) and Google had it removed.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-16-15 02:35 PM
    You'll need to get it from Amazon Appstore.

IIRC, it was hosted in the Play Store for a while (hidden in the Amazon shopping app) and Google had it removed.
    Ok, I guess you can to just manually download apk file just like bb10. Thanks
    05-16-15 03:10 PM
    Thanks for the help, now using Amazon Prime

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 12:31 PM
    He needs to tell everyone how ****ty it is before he goes.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao.. I find it funny for everyone who is in denial about it! I still like BB and like to stay up to date on info, hence why I still am on the forums.. Dave I don't hit and run, if you have any questions for me let me know. I'll be more than happy to give you some advice if you ever need to call BB customer service. I'm very familiar with them

05-17-15 03:09 PM
    Here you go everyone. Download the Amazon app from BlackBerry World and then install this apk: https://mega.co.nz/#!UJB1jLQQ!ryZ9no...6f4nUkx93tp3Wk

After that, browse and play the videos from the regular Amazon app.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-17-15 03:46 PM
    Lmao.. I find it funny for everyone who is in denial about it! I still like BB and like to stay up to date on info, hence why I still am on the forums.. Dave I don't hit and run, if you have any questions for me let me know. I'll be more than happy to give you some advice if you ever need to call BB customer service. I'm very familiar with them

Never said I was in denial or even said that BlackBerry customer service was even good. But I don't go to the Apple forum to tell them how bad iOS is.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    05-17-15 04:00 PM
31 12