02-24-16 12:22 AM
36 12
tools
    The problem I had with Cricket is when I went in the store to purchase service the salesman told me I could use my data any way I wanted INCLUDING TETHERING. He said they don't offer any tablet plans but if my phone offered a hotspot option (which the Passport does) I could tether to it and in his words "use my data any way I wanted". What I quickly found out was Cricket blocks the hotspot function, at least on the Passport. Called Cricket immediately and was told they don't give refunds even though I had just purchased the service 2 hours ago. So I'm stuck with them till next month. I'll try Tmobile next.
    04-16-15 02:53 PM
    Forgot to add- I ported over from AT&T & I couldn't tell any difference between the 2 companies. Cricket's great if you don't need tethering. Also, I'm using the original square Passport.
    04-16-15 02:56 PM
    how are you guys liking crickets service?

do you think it seems slower then other networks?
    Cricket (AT&T really) is working well. As a former Verizon user, my experience agrees with the generalization that Verizon has better rural coverage than AT&T. When I'm in urban areas or in the suburbs I can't tell the difference in coverage.

I've never noticed the Cricket 8Mbit/s speed cap.

I switched from Verizon to Cricket and as a result my monthly bill has been cut in half, my monthly data allowance has increased from 1GB to 2.5GB, I am no longer waiting months and months for a CDMA Passport that will never be available, and I no longer wait months and months for software updates.

However, as another poster has stated, Tethering is disabled on Cricket's network.
    Last edited by CmdrStraker; 04-17-15 at 03:12 PM.
    04-16-15 09:02 PM
    Forgot to add- I ported over from AT&T & I couldn't tell any difference between the 2 companies. Cricket's great if you don't need tethering. Also, I'm using the original square Passport.
    Their official policy is no tethering. It's in the ToS. However...in my limited experience with Cricket (actually Aio Wireless, which pre-dates AT&T's Cricket,) they didn't block tethering on a friend's iPhone. But the official policy has always been 'no tethering.'

BBs aren't exactly rebel phones. I have an older postpaid plan on TMO and apparently tethering is not allowed. Whenever I have my SIM card in my Q10, I get a data upsell message. However, when the same SIM card is in a Galaxy S3 (non-TMO,) I can tether just fine.
    04-16-15 09:59 PM
    thanks everyone for their replies, makes me feel a lot better about making the switch!
    04-17-15 10:37 AM
    I left Sprint and a Note 4, and have been using Cricket with my Passport - service has been perfect.
    04-17-15 12:47 PM
    All, I'm considering purchasing an unlocked Silver edition passport and taking it Cricket. To follow up on this thread, any issues with Cricket for those of you still with this service and any folks that see this post. Any updates on the tethering discussion towards the end of this thread and lastly, does wi-fi calling work?
    02-22-16 07:17 PM
    I use cricket for my unlocked passport. LTE signal, clear calls...$35 per month

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 01:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    It really is the best deal going right now. Once my lady's and stepdaughter's phones are paid off from T-Mobile, I'm gonna move them over to Cricket as well.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    02-23-16 05:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    How much data do you get for that $35?
    02-23-16 06:19 AM
    It really is the best deal going right now. Once my lady's and stepdaughter's phones are paid off from T-Mobile, I'm gonna move them over to Cricket as well.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    Nope, not the best deal. Go with https://bluegreenmobile.com/ instead, just changed their name from Smartel. I used their T-Mobile service for a few months and was perfectly happy. They resell business plans so it's all the perks including hotspot and they don't throttle.

They have AT&T Plans (blue network) with 5GB of unthrottled LTE (Cricket throttles to 8 Mbps) for $2 more than the Cricket plan listed above, or they have 3GB for $30 which is $5 less than Cricket for 0.5GB more data per month, or a 1GB for $25.
    02-24-16 12:22 AM
36 12