Will the Passport on shop BlackBerry work on VZW or not???

Posted on my Z30
    09-24-14 09:57 AM
    No... cdma is what is used for phone use, not gsm. So unless it supports cdma bands it simply will not work.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 10:01 AM
    No... cdma is what is used for phone use, not gsm. So unless it supports cdma bands it simply will not work.

Posted via CB10
    Except for LTE bands 4 and 13, with VoLTE enabled. It won't connect to 3G or 2G networks but 4G may work.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 10:06 AM
    Will not work. Verizon will not allow activation of any non-Verizon branded device.
    Moopusmaximus likes this.
    09-24-14 10:45 AM
    Will not work. Verizon will not allow activation of any non-Verizon branded device.
    This may be true now but once Verizon ditches CDMA in the upcoming years you technically should be able to bring any unlocked phone to its network as long as the band's r there. With 4G SIM cards, r u sure u couldn't put your card in one and run 4G?
    09-24-14 11:25 AM
    This may be true now but once Verizon ditches CDMA in the upcoming years you technically should be able to bring any unlocked phone to its network as long as the band's r there. With 4G SIM cards, r u sure u couldn't put your card in one and run 4G?
    Positive. The band's don't matter. It's a Verizon policy that they will not allow any device on their network that is not a verizon approved/branded device.
    Moopusmaximus and flyingsolid like this.
    09-24-14 11:27 AM
    Anyone considering getting it for LTE only? Or even a WiFi only device?

I am tempted but really curious on how long the AT&T exclusive is for.
    09-24-14 11:28 AM
    Anyone considering getting it for LTE only? Or even a WiFi only device?

I am tempted but really curious on how long the AT&T exclusive is for.
    Verizon will not allow the device on its network, so it would be strictly WiFi only sadly. The phone looks amazing, but I cannot justify spending $600 for a WiFi only Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 11:32 AM
    Uh oh. I may be in trouble as i just ordered the Passport and am on Verizon.
    AnimalPak200 and dypkny like this.
    09-24-14 11:36 AM
    Uh oh. I may be in trouble as i just ordered the Passport and am on Verizon.
    Whocares?

1. It is worth a try
    2. It still might work on the LTE bands without a problem except that maybe those LTE bands will only allow internet and no voice.
    3. 30 day return policy. That is why I still might order one.

Posted via CB10
    ptpete likes this.
    09-24-14 11:41 AM
    I overnighted one and will let you guys know. I spoke directly over the phone with a Blackberry tech about this as well and they told me that it will work on the Verizon network. Could be a load of BS since the specs are in question, but we'll see. If not, 30 day return.
    dypkny likes this.
    09-24-14 11:43 AM
    I overnighted one and will let you guys know. I spoke directly over the phone with a Blackberry tech about this as well and they told me that it will work on the Verizon network. Could be a load of BS since the specs are in question, but we'll see. If not, 30 day return.
    Let us know please
    09-24-14 11:46 AM
    Please let us know

Posted on my Z30
    09-24-14 12:06 PM
    Yes please

Z10-power by OS 10.03.1154
    09-24-14 12:09 PM
    Do not understand how it could possibly work on the CDMA side as, has been pointed out, Verizon's policy has always been to reject any CDMA phone not originating from them -- that is, branded. Is it even avail CDMA? Unclear what their policy is on GSM.
    09-24-14 12:16 PM
    I just talked to BlackBerry technical support and she said the BlackBerry passport will work on Verizon. Idk what to believe anymore

Posted on my Z30
    09-24-14 12:24 PM
    OK so I just got off of a call from a BlackBerry customer service rep and she was asking me if I found the info I was looking for on their website and I told her I was just nosing around for Passport info. I asked her if and or when we will see it in white and she directed me to BlackBerry website or the blogs site and she went on about people ordering and having them.....this is where it got interesting.
    She said she was talking to a guy earlier who had one but it would not work on VZ, so he was looking to send it back. I jokingly said give him my number and he can give it to me.....*insert chuckles*.....it will work for me I have t-mobile. She laughed and said that will work.

Needless to say I think BlackBerry knows it won't work on VZ right away and maybe they have something down the pipeline but for right now you either have to jump ship, wait it out or get some droid or istuff.

Posted via CB10 on the BB Z10
    09-24-14 12:24 PM
    I spoke with a Tier 2 technical support representative at VZW, and in order verify if Passport was compatible they required the IMEI number of device; which I don't have. Also, shop BlackBerry support was useless!

I just talked to BlackBerry technical support and she said the BlackBerry passport will work on Verizon. Idk what to believe anymore

Posted on my Z30
    09-24-14 12:26 PM
    We need a solid answer hopefully by tomorrow afternoon we will know for sure...can only hope for the best!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:33 PM
    Positive. The band's don't matter. It's a Verizon policy that they will not allow any device on their network that is not a verizon approved/branded device.
    From the FCC regarding interoperability on 746-757MHz and 776-787MHz bands:

Can someone please tell us Will the Passport work on Verizon or not?-img_20140924_102922.jpg
    The law would imply that when it comes to LTE Band 13, Block C (which VZW uses) Verizon doesn't have a choice in the matter UNLESS the use would not be compliant with published technical standards reasonably necessary for the management or protection of their network, OR they need to block a device to comply with a statute or regulation.

Of course, it does NOT mean they need to let you on Band 4, and CDMA hardware isn't even there. Basically, if you live somewhere that has service available on LTE Band 13, AND VoLTE is available as well, it may function. It just won't work everywhere and may not work well.

Posted via CB10
    MdRoberts40 likes this.
    09-24-14 12:37 PM
    Doesn't the passport use a nano-sim? How is anyone going to try the passport without one on vzw?

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1154 - CB10
    09-24-14 12:39 PM
    Doesn't the passport use a nano-sim? How is anyone going to try the passport without one on vzw?

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1154 - CB10
    iPhones have nano-sims now, and even if they didn't you can just cut the micro-sim to the size of a nano and it will work fine.
    EchoesFX likes this.
    09-24-14 12:47 PM
    I spoke with one as well and they told me the same. I have one overnighting and will update everyone as soon as I get it.
    09-24-14 12:49 PM
    The problem with those bands is data vs voice. I believe the data will definitely work on the 4G, voice i highly doubt.
    09-24-14 12:52 PM
    The problem with those bands is data vs voice. I believe the data will definitely work on the 4G, voice i highly doubt.
    No, the phone just won't work.

Verizon hasn't provisioned or approved the phone to run on their network. This is exactly what happened with the Nexus 7 tablet w/ LTE. Verizon bands were included, however Verizon didn't approve the device and it never worked.
    09-24-14 12:55 PM
61 123