With 30day return and a business trip coming up it might just be worth it to buy and have fun with for a little bit.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:57 PM
    No, the phone just won't work.

Verizon hasn't provisioned or approved the phone to run on their network. This is exactly what happened with the Nexus 7 tablet w/ LTE. Verizon bands were included, however Verizon didn't approve the device and it never worked.
    Actually the issue was that the Verizon activation system cannot provision a non-Verizon certified device for NEW service. This is because the IMEI is checked during this process to verify what plans can be assigned to it.

You can swap an already activated LTE SIM into any device and if it has Band 13 it will work for data only on Verizon. This method does not involve any plan changes. In fact you may be unable to change your plan after putting the SIM in the new device since it will be unknown to Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX likes this.
    09-24-14 01:03 PM
    Actually the issue was that the Verizon activation system cannot provision a non-Verizon certified device for NEW service.

You can swap an already activated LTE SIM into any device and if it has Band 13 it will work for data only on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    For the price, the troubles of trying to even get this to work is just idiotic. You will get no voice, and you'll only get LTE (granted you even get band 13 in your area). Anyone who wastes the money to do this, I pity you.
    09-24-14 01:06 PM
    The question wasn't if you pity someone. It was if it will work. What Peter described is what I was referring to, in more detail. Dumb? In my opinion yes. Fun? In my opinion yes.
    09-24-14 01:08 PM
    I sure hope it will

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 02:51 PM
    I bought it anyway. I really hope it works.

Posted on my Z30
    09-24-14 02:57 PM
    09-24-14 03:02 PM
    I bought it anyway. I really hope it works.

Posted on my Z30
    You might be going to AT&T or T-Mobile then :/
    Moopusmaximus likes this.
    09-24-14 03:02 PM
    Uh oh. I may be in trouble as i just ordered the Passport and am on Verizon.
    Let use know if it works on LTE!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:03 PM
    I have a Passport in hand in Texas. I went into the Verizon store to see if they could throw a nano sim in from my account just to see if it would work. It will not work on Verizon at this time - I've confirmed it. Unfortunately, I had to go across the street to the ATT store, port my number over from Verizon (all for free on the ATT side) and get it up and running on ATT. Works great, and my bill is cheaper with no 2-year contract either.
    keegh likes this.
    09-25-14 03:36 PM
    I'm confused by the confusion. There currently is no CDMA version of the Passport, and if there were, it would have to be branded on a carrier to work. The GSM side of a CDMA carrier will never give you anything like full usage. So if you MUST have the Passport, you will have to go to a GSM carrier.
    keegh likes this.
    09-25-14 04:04 PM
    Whocares?

1. It is worth a try
    2. It still might work on the LTE bands without a problem except that maybe those LTE bands will only allow internet and no voice.

Posted via CB10
    ???? Verizon won't even allow the device to authorized to be used on its network - CDMA, unlike GSM, technology allows its carriers to lock out phone and not even allow them on their networks.

Point blank the phone won't work on Verizon and you're going to need to switch carriers or just simply cancel your order.
    09-25-14 04:21 PM
    I overnighted one and will let you guys know. I spoke directly over the phone with a Blackberry tech about this as well and they told me that it will work on the Verizon network. Could be a load of BS since the specs are in question, but we'll see. If not, 30 day return.
    ??? Sorry to sat but that's not going to happen without CDMA.
    09-25-14 04:22 PM
    I just talked to BlackBerry technical support and she said the BlackBerry passport will work on Verizon. Idk what to believe anymore

Posted on my Z30
    Actually call a Verizon tech and they will tell you that any phone not originating from them will not be allowed on the network. Not to mention the Passport does not have CDMA version so it will not work on Verizon.
    09-25-14 04:25 PM
    Simple answer: it's an AT&T exclusivity

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 04:31 PM
    And has anyone found out how long this AT&T exclusive is for?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:16 PM
    +1

I have a Z10 and am anxious to be able to use the passport on Verizon
    09-25-14 06:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    If it's anything like the Verizon Z30 exclusive, it will be for the foreseeable future. It's not an exclusive because AT&T wanted it so badly, it's because none of the other carriers wanted it at all.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:55 PM
    I have thought long and hard about this issue. I mean really thought about it. And REALLY long and REALLY hard. I mean I haven't thought this hard for this long since I was at Walmart deciding which gun I should buy since we Americans can't have Kinders. And this is what came from all that long, hard thinking... this sucks!

Posted via my super duper ultra mega Z10 with death ray
    09-25-14 11:00 PM
    Is there a thread on the differences between Verizon's CDMA and Telus's CDMA network?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:03 PM
    Is there a thread on the differences between Verizon's CDMA and Telus's CDMA network?

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't matter. Verizon has a very strict policy.. they will not activate any CDMA phones on their network that is not a branded/authorized Verizon phone. That's why you don't see Sprint phones on Verizon and vise versa.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Typically it will be around 6 months. However since T-Mobile doesn't carrier BlackBerry anymore that leaves AT&T the only GSM carrier in the US that does.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:08 PM
    I'm confused by the confusion. There currently is no CDMA version of the Passport, and if there were, it would have to be branded on a carrier to work. The GSM side of a CDMA carrier will never give you anything like full usage. So if you MUST have the Passport, you will have to go to a GSM carrier.
    Yes, it seems some of the users here don't realize this. The first day, some users actually bought it and were saying "I'll report back and see if it works!", which it clearly wouldn't. Even if it had the correct bands and radios, the phone isn't Verizon branded and won't work. You can't bring unlocked phones to Verizon.
    09-25-14 11:10 PM
    Doesn't matter. Verizon has a very strict policy.. they will not activate any CDMA phones on their network that is not a branded/authorized Verizon phone. That's why you don't see Sprint phones on Verizon and vise versa.

Posted via CB10
    That wasn't the reason I was asking. Just curious since they both use the tech.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:32 PM
    There's another thread where a Verizon user came back and confirmed that the phone he bought does not work on Verizon. Was going over to att as he wrote the results.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:36 PM
61 123