Can someone please explain this? Standby and System eating up battery life.
    Can someone explain this Passport Silver Edition battery drain?-img_20161219_140341.png

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 02:05 PM
    I am on latest OS and battery is significantly better. You should maybe consider hard resetting or checkin is there any 3th party app draining the battery
    12-19-16 03:57 PM
    If it's a recently purchased passport you need to give it a couple of days to update and install everything, and settle down. Otherwise check if a specific app is eating the battery.
    12-19-16 05:27 PM
    I have encountered similar problem with my old Q10. As I found out, location services consumed several times more in bedtime mode - surprisingly. I have never found the remedy and just switched location off in settings - before to switch to new phone.
    Otherwise, as said above - some mysterious app running in background (Android stuff?).
    mirkokr likes this.
    12-19-16 05:39 PM
    Can someone please explain this? Standby and System eating up battery life.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161219_140341.png 
Views:	453 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	414566

Posted via CB10
    Can you tell us is it a new phone? or have you updated OS?

Posted by my majestic Passport
    12-19-16 05:57 PM
    The issue is a glitch with an app or with an account. Something is is stuck in a loop sync'ing or updating.

You can start by either deleting things one at a time and testing, or else delete everything, test, and add one thing at a time and test. Start with your email account, Evernote, Internet calendars, headless apps...

This has happened to me once, and it was recently. I ended up reloading the OS.
    12-20-16 04:01 AM
    Had same problem before, I did these steps, try, will work:

-Wipe/reset your bb passport
    -after that, install 10.3.3 os via autoloaders
    -DONT restore any backup and try to save your telephone numbers with online accounts
    -try to deactive any ''minimized or background activity'' for ALL apps installed on your phone(except afew ones, for example talk2watch and etc)
    -Enable battery saving mode
    -dont install unnecessary android apps

Be sure will work for you too

Posted via CB10
    12-20-16 04:42 AM
    Thanks for the tips, I did a reset, (holding the two volume keys). Always thought a a reset was holding down the power key. The reset fixed it for me. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-20-16 09:59 AM
    Thanks for the tips, I did a reset, (holding the two volume keys). Always thought a a reset was holding down the power key. The reset fixed it for me. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Holding the two volume keys does a screen shot for me and not reset. Hmmmm. BlackBerry Passport User here.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-16 07:15 PM
    Holding the two volume keys does a screen shot for me and not reset. Hmmmm. BlackBerry Passport User here.

Posted via CB10
    Keep holding down the up/down volume keys until the screen goes black. It will initially state that a screen shot has been taken but keep holding the buttons down until the screen goes black.

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2049
    ahhhlain likes this.
    12-20-16 08:17 PM
    Do you have Facebook10 installed?

It will cause you're Hub to continuously update.

Sent from my awesome BlackBerry Passport
    12-20-16 10:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's all the same. Holding down the power key until the led flashes red is also a reset/reboot. Plus it's easier (IMHO) and you don't have to delete a screenshot afterwards.
    ahhhlain likes this.
    12-20-16 11:39 PM
    It's all the same. Holding down the power key until the led flashes red is also a reset/reboot. Plus it's easier (IMHO) and you don't have to delete a screenshot afterwards.
    This. Thank You Bruh.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-16 11:09 PM
    Mine now lasts me almost two days after the Os updates.

  
    12-22-16 03:04 AM
    Regarding soft reset:

Reference

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

The power button and the volume buttons methods are each procedures for doing a soft reset, as posted above by others. Some believe the volume button method is more effective. I don't know. I can say on BB10 that I very rarely ever do a soft reset. A simple restart resolves the weird behavior that occasionally occurs.

I would add that it is good practice to repeat the soft reset by the other method if the first soft reset doesn't work. Whatever you try first, if the problem remains, try again using the other technique.

I wish I had suggested a soft reset in my post above. I'm happy for anyone if that solves the problem.
    12-22-16 06:24 AM
    I got a used PP SE two weeks ago, the device is less than a year old. It got a reset, and a my Classic backup loaded on it. Since the start I am unhappy with the devices battery performance. This is it today :

Can someone explain this Passport Silver Edition battery drain?-img_20161222_152447.png

I was travelling today..airport and such but not too heavy usage. For an ex Classic user that's just annoying little battery time.

did the soft reset - thanks for the tip. Now the device says it's at 100% , even so it was 75 just before

Can someone explain this Passport Silver Edition battery drain?-img_20161222_165551.png

maybe the soft reset recalibrate something and the battery IS actually not that bad...lets hope and see ;-)

CB10 on my Passport SE
    12-22-16 10:02 AM