By now everyone knows about the disaster the ordering process has been for what appears to be thousands of would-be passport purchasers with varying problems usually involving some misrepresentation from Digital River/shopblackberry as to the in stock status of the handset only to find out days after a purchase was made that the phone was never in stock at all and that nobody has any idea when (or if) the phone will ever ship (despite some credit cards being charged) and ALWAYS involve NO COMMUNICATION at all from Blackberry, Digital River/shopBB, or Amazon about when any new passports will be coming in or shipping out at all.

We also know that some of you within the crackberry staff (e.g., Kevin, B1aze) have some sort of contacts, large or small, with Blackberry. Can one of you please let someone over there know what is going on? Ive already filed a complaint with BBB, called customer service with both DR and Amazon, and everyone seems to be waiting for SOMETHING from Blackberry about whether the phone will still be manufactured/shipped, etc. Cant Blackberry let us know? We are attempting to purchase their products/services and they are not only not providing the products/services, but they are also turning a complete blind eye and showing callous indifference to our plight. That is a dangerous move in this highly competitive industry that is likely to cost Blackberry lots of money and lots of customers (myself included). Thanks in advance crackberry staff for any assistance you may be able to provide.
    Last edited by jgill072; 10-09-14 at 01:51 PM.
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-09-14 01:07 PM
    10-09-14 01:25 PM
    They know of it. They are the cause of it. DR is being constantly blamed, but in reality it's BlackBerry that's screwing everything up.

Posted via CB10
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-09-14 01:33 PM
    If anything, this is the exact opposite of the launch of the Z10. In 2013, there were reports that the Z10 was selling out, but stores were reporting having loads of stock. The amount that was produced did not sell and in the end, the phone was essentially a flop. The Passport, on the other hand, has already sold a few hundred thousand units with many more on backorder. Those are real results and haven't taken into account carrier sales. On the whole though, there are real results that the Passport is selling and there is loads of real demand for the device.

That's not to say that things are perfect, but I certainly wouldn't compare it to the disaster that was the Z10 launch. The Passport is selling and there is a clear, marked demand for the phone.

JB
    dietertong and Warlack like this.
    10-09-14 02:03 PM
    If anything, this is the exact opposite of the launch of the Z10. In 2013, there were reports that the Z10 was selling out, but stores were reporting having loads of stock. That's not to say that things are perfect, but I certainly wouldn't compare it to the disaster that was the Z10 launch. The Passport is selling and there is a clear, marked demand for the phone.

JB
    We understand its different. It can still be a disaster if a company cannot fulfill enough orders to maintain its credibility as a viable product manufacturer. This is one of the most basic principles of a capitalist economy, and Blackberry's failure on this front is a glaring failure and reflection of where it stands in comparison to the bigger players. Sad, really that absolutely NOTHING IS BEING DONE. Amazon and Digital River reps are both getting dead silence from BB on stock updates. This is totally unacceptable for a company that wants to compete with legit technology/software companies, and Chen should know this. He fancies himself a pro who knows what he is doing, but he is failing miserably here. I went from an ardent 8-year supporter/advocate to a downright doubter. I may cancel both of my orders too. My Q10 is fine for now - Im sure Samsung will copy the Passport and somehow improve on it soon.
    mona5804 and JGoodard like this.
    10-09-14 02:10 PM
    To be honest I personally think blackberry has done a very good job with the passport launch, admittedly they did play it safe and probably only ordered a low initial stock count due to several reasons, the current shape of BlackBerry, the new square design that's been put on hold from previous CEO's and the flop of the launch of the Z10.

Having said that, I believe by mid October stock will be in full swing.

It's annoying and frustrating having to wait for an order to be delivered but at the same time it's great for blackberry that the device is in demand.

Cut them a little slack they are still on the rollercoster.

That's partly the reason I ran down to selfridges on launch day to make sure I got my hands on one....

Posted via CB10
    dietertong likes this.
    10-09-14 02:18 PM
    ^ this. Apple let's people wait for weeks, BlackBerry let's people wait for weeks.....

We should have known that BlackBerry will be always a failure. No matter what BlackBerry does, it is wrong. You should Never get a BlackBerry (in Verge style)

It is pointless to believe that you can order a BlackBerry on launch day and have it.
    Forget it.

We are popular again.

We are just too busy to queue in front of a shop. We just order it and then use the amazing flicking feature of out keyboards to give hell to BlackBerry and their partners for not having expected our demand.

Of course we do this during the little moments when we are having a cigarette, waiting for someone or just want to see how well a complaint can be written by just using the suggestions.

With the multitasking features, we hold the CS Hotlines hostage, since we are barely calling on our berries anyway.

With the great sound enhancement we actually are able to enjoy the hold music....And sadly we will start to call just to listen to it....

Yeah. Shame on you, BlackBerry

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    gokulesh likes this.
    10-09-14 02:19 PM
    It is a problem for BlackBerry because they are promoting it on Facebook and Twitter. They need to get the ordering problems resolved ASAP so there won't be negative word of mouth on social media, and eventually website articles.
    10-09-14 02:23 PM
    @ Warlack
    I understand that we should also see the positive things, but you just can't argue against how effing bad DR is.

From missed dates, to no communication what so ever, over a strange delivery order (some guys ordered one week before another customer, but get it one week later), the impossibility to cancel the orders and to end with a very annoying as well as time consuming process to get your money back, if for whatever miracle/reason you were actually able to cancel your order.

From everything I read in here, it seems that DR is one of the worst entities in this business.
    Those complaints, were pretty common 10 years ago when online shopping started.
    Today, DR's "standard" (and it hurts me to use that word, because if anything, DR is a standard so bad, you'll never want to attain it) is on the level of Amazon 10 years ago.

They are a joke and one of the worst in terms of Customer Service I have ever heard about (well except Comcast. But if you are at that level, it's probably too late anyhow).
    There is no excuse for how bad DR sucks. There just isn't ...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 10-09-14 at 03:45 PM.
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-09-14 02:28 PM
    To be honest I personally think blackberry has done a very good job with the passport launch,
    WRONG. Here in the US, there are no Selfridges (whatever that is) stores or ANY stores carrying this phone. We have to rely on DR and Amazon, neither of which have ANY clue when orders placed last MONTH will be filled IF AT ALL!! And to those of you using the flawed Apple makes people wait too nonsense, Apple notifies customers EXACTLY WHERE the stock is and EXACTLY when the orders will be shipped. BLACKBERRY has done NONE of this!! BLACKBERRY'S OWN STORE HAS NO CLUE WHEN OR IF THEY WILL GET MORE PHONES IN!!! NO IDEA!!! Just baffling. Anyone backing blackberry needs to understand that if Blackberry were to just let the customers waiting know what is going on, it may be able to keep some of its customers and orders, but it cannot just say nothing and expect people to wait.
    10-09-14 02:29 PM
    Unsure how this is a disaster.... maybe because the OP cannot get one hardly qualifies... John Chen has said at launch that 250,000 units were break even... 200,000 sold in first 6 hours on ShopBlackberry and Amazon... not including world wide sales or carriers sales in Canada ( teleus ).... heard estimated of 500,000 on first run and appears most are sold... so would look like the device is a hit....not perhaps to impatient people.... Said it before... when new Apple product is on Back Order is a unqualified success... when the same thing happens to BB it is disaster.... If the product is truly popular people will wait.... Apple fans certainly do.....
    rambo47 likes this.
    10-09-14 02:34 PM
    I have no idea what everyone's complaining about. I ordered mine off ShopBB on launch day and it arrived the next day. Made it all the way to Alberta in less than 24 hours.

Previously I've used DR for two separate Q10 deliveries and they both went smooth. People need to understand that sometimes mistakes happen. Increase the volume of requests and it increases the chances of something going wrong.

CB10 via Passport Swiping
    10-09-14 02:37 PM
    They really under estimated the demand. Who would have thought? Have you checked out the twitter feed? There are quite a big of chatter on #BlackBerryPassport. Mostly positive. The device definitely has some traction. I am being patient and optimistic that this process will sort itself out.

In mean while, I just twitted @blackberry with my question. I have no expectation of being answered but it made me feel better regardless.
    10-09-14 02:41 PM
    Calm down homies.....everything will be ok.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 02:44 PM
    Just got mine today and it's awesome but it's not the end of the world if it takes a little while longer.

I do understand if your card was charged and you don't have an update but anything else just comes off as first world problems.
    10-09-14 02:45 PM
    I just spoke to DT again and of course got the run around but my ticket has now been issued as high priority lol whatever that means.....in the end though the guy on the phone said they ate getting thousands of phone calls daily about the passport orders so I'm guessing we are all just waiting for new stock to come in. if DR or BlackBerry would just send our emails saying your device will be delivered in 2-3 weeks or something then everyone would just stop complaining and wait till its delivered.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 02:47 PM
    OP sorry but managing inventory quantities is one of the hardest things to do in business. You make too key you are screwed you make too little and you are screwed but you never have a crystal ball to know exactly what the right amount is going to be.
    10-09-14 02:49 PM
    I just spoke to DT again and of course got the run around but my ticket has now been issued as high priority lol whatever that means.....in the end though the guy on the phone said they ate getting thousands of phone calls daily about the passport orders so I'm guessing we are all just waiting for new stock to come in. if DR or BlackBerry would just send our emails saying your device will be delivered in 2-3 weeks or something then everyone would just stop complaining and wait till its delivered.

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't that be nice.... I will take any news at this point.
    10-09-14 02:49 PM
    It's rather silly.

Sell your stock to start, next bunch, "7-10 days to ship", next batch, "3-4 weeks to ship".

Apple does it, and people understand and wait. (And/or go crazy lining up to get devices in person.)

Blackberry should do the same, next flagship launch. When there's uncertainty, err long, and then get people their phones "early".
    10-09-14 02:58 PM
    The time waited is one thing, but giving ZERO info on estimated ship date is beyond poor form.

This isn't the "old days", everything is very transparent and they should be communicating (the key to every successful relationship) to us and setting expectations.
    10-09-14 03:05 PM
    why doesn't blackberry just open a retail store in a few strategic locations? The publicity alone would be great for people to line up and wait for the passport or passport 2. Just the name BlackBerry evokes a feeling of exclusivity that Apple once carried with the original iPhone.
    10-09-14 03:09 PM
    why doesn't blackberry just open a retail store in a few strategic locations? The publicity alone would be great for people to line up and wait for the passport or passport 2. Just the name BlackBerry evokes a feeling of exclusivity that Apple once carried with the original iPhone.
    They tried that a few times....... now is not the time...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-09-14 03:11 PM
    OP sorry but managing inventory quantities is one of the hardest things to do in business. You make too key you are screwed you make too little and you are screwed but you never have a crystal ball to know exactly what the right amount is going to be.
    Dude are you not reading any of all these posts. We understand BB's mistake in not wanting to overdo it. What is not okay is the TOTAL lack of communication of further inventory (if any). I literally have no clue if I will ever get any of the 2 orders I placed on 9/26/14. Neither does Blackerry's own store. That is shocking incompetence by Blackberry.
    dejanh likes this.
    10-09-14 03:15 PM
    Do you know the overhead that's in a retail store? They would need to sell ALOT more devices just to pay for the store(s). Plus, you don't open a store and start selling product the next day.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    10-09-14 03:21 PM
    WRONG. Here in the US, there are no Selfridges (whatever that is) stores or ANY stores carrying this phone. We have to rely on DR and Amazon, neither of which have ANY clue when orders placed last MONTH will be filled IF AT ALL!!
    I would only add that the one US carrier that has been confirmed to carry the device also can't tell the US people when that is going to happen.
    10-09-14 03:24 PM
37 12