Which I am sick and tired of charging for Samsung Note Edge. Can anyone tell me if the following apps (besides Linkedin, Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Skype) are available for BB Passport
    1. Yammer
    2. Hotspot Shield (or another strong click and play VPN)
    3. Translate (to translate one language t another)
    4. Lync Photoshop
    5. Here Maps
    6. Campus Group
    7. A good File Manager ( Can this be used to attach word, excel and powerpoint files from the local storage of the device?)

I seriously hope I can get 2 days with that huge battery, if using a lot of texting, emailing and whatsapp?
    01-31-15 07:19 AM
    2 days is a bit impractical. I always end up with 40% at the end of the day. I think it's ok because I am used to charging my phone everyday and actually when you charge at 40% it would be great for the longevity of the battery capacity.
    With lots of usage I suggest buy the passport. Updated it to 10.3.1.2072. Let it settle for a few days. And most of the apps you need are unavailable. But there are many replacement and if you're comfortable with android apps you can always load them via Snap. Just ask for the instructions.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 08:50 AM
    Which I am sick and tired of charging for Samsung Note Edge. Can anyone tell me if the following apps (besides Linkedin, Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Skype) are available for BB Passport ?
    If you are using wind and mobilicity their service is hunting signals causing the battery to drain twice faster than normal.

]|I{�------� ѕєηт �яσм му  ραѕѕρσят. �------�}I|[
    01-31-15 12:11 PM
    Yammer you can get the apk and install. It run smoothly on my passport.

The inbuilt file manager application for BlackBerry 10 devices is the best one yet to be found in a mobile device. You can store all your word documents,excel files, media and everything.By default all these will be placed in file manager.

I can't comment on your other queries as I don't use those.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 12:39 PM
    Just do it. It is great.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 12:46 PM
    Here Maps is not working last time I checked.
    Translate and File Manage are built in with BB and work great.

2 days is unrealistic with a busy person IMO.
    01-31-15 12:50 PM
    Here Maps is not working last time I checked.
    Translate and File Manage are built in with BB and work great.

2 days is unrealistic with a busy person IMO.
    Can some one tell me if a few apps are available on the BB Passport (apps listed below)?-img_20150131_135408.png

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 12:54 PM
    Which I am sick and tired of charging for Samsung Note Edge. Can anyone tell me if the following apps (besides Linkedin, Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Skype) are available for BB Passport
    1. Yammer
    2. Hotspot Shield (or another strong click and play VPN)
    3. Translate (to translate one language t another)
    4. Lync Photoshop
    5. Here Maps
    6. Campus Group
    7. A good File Manager ( Can this be used to attach word, excel and powerpoint files from the local storage of the device?)

I seriously hope I can get 2 days with that huge battery, if using a lot of texting, emailing and whatsapp?
    You got some very specific app requirements but I can assure you that the BlackBerry 10 platform includes the BEST file manager. Also if you cannot find an app on BlackBerry World you can always try apks. BlackBerry supports up to android 4.3

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 01:02 PM
    Load snap, check amazon app store etc.. you should be able to get what ur looking for. As for the battery getting two full days with not charging that's not gonna happen. The battery is by far the best I ever had on a phone but if you are a power user like me (emails, browsing, apps etc..) you can get a full day without a charge. By the end of the day when I plug it up I'm usually at 50% or so but you never have to worry about looking for a charger thru out the day like I used to when I had the iphone6! You have to make a few minor tweeks by going thru app permissions and adjusting screen. Also download app killer because android apps run in the background and will run out the battery pretty quickly.

Posted via J's blackberry passport
    01-31-15 01:22 PM
    Load snap, check amazon app store etc.. you should be able to get what ur looking for. As for the battery getting two full days with not charging that's not gonna happen. The battery is by far the best I ever had on a phone but if you are a power user like me (emails, browsing, apps etc..) you can get a full day without a charge. By the end of the day when I plug it up I'm usually at 50% or so but you never have to worry about looking for a charger thru out the day like I used to when I had the iphone6! You have to make a few minor tweeks by going thru app permissions and adjusting screen. Also download app killer because android apps run in the background and will run out the battery pretty quickly.

Posted via J's blackberry passport
    Why the need for another app to close apps? Cant you just use the native device manager, click the item you want closed, then choose close?

I'm being serious, the few android apps I use, close when I choose close in that fashion if their still open in the background.
    01-31-15 01:33 PM
    Why the need for another app to close apps? Cant you just use the native device manager, click the item you want closed, then choose close?

I'm being serious, the few android apps I use, close when I choose close in that fashion if their still open in the background.
    Because apps like that allow you to close all background android apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 01:38 PM
    Because apps like that allow you to close all background android apps.

Posted via CB10
    Thats what I'm saying though. Any open app(background or live) shows in the device manager > CPU. You can then click said app and close. Do some not close in this fashion?
    01-31-15 01:40 PM
    Thats what I'm saying though. Any open app(background or live) shows in the device manager > CPU. You can then click said app and close. Do some not close in this fashion?
    I mean "close all" instead of having to look for them.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 01:43 PM
    So it's just a work around for lazy people that like to add apps for the sake of having apps? If a native solution works, why add another app, other then the obvious, for ease of use?
    01-31-15 01:46 PM
    So it's just a work around for lazy people that like to add apps for the sake of having apps? If a native solution works, why add another app, other then the obvious, for ease of use?
    because if you have 10-20 android apps running in the background the best solution is to have a close all app lol... this is for the sake of productivity.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 01:48 PM
    ^ that. And why "look around" when you can kill them all w/ one shot.

BleedBlk-
    01-31-15 02:17 PM
    The droids stil will run in the background reducing your battery life. Example -
    Can some one tell me if a few apps are available on the BB Passport (apps listed below)?-img_20150131_172129.png

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 04:21 PM
    I have got the BlackBerry passport. It is a gem.
    Thank you for helping me out guys.
    Please any one tell me how can I download SNAP?
    I tried fining it I get a lot of results of on amazon store. Can anyone please forward me a link to the APK file
    Secondly on looking at the device monitor, I see the application growing in sizes. Is there any way to reduce the size of the application to its original size

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 09:21 AM
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...r/td-p/2784957
    Do exactly like the author of that post said. It works wonders for me. But be careful and think twice before installing an android app.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 10:28 PM
    But the I am running a 10.3.0... will it still work

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 05:42 AM
    But the I am running a 10.3.0... will it still work

Posted via CB10
    Yes.

Typed and swiped from my Passport.
    02-03-15 07:06 AM