Gsm

Posted via CB10
    Here's the thing. Depending on where you live, it could be T-Mobile or AT&T. Straight Talk is nothing more than a MVNO that rents airtime and towers from other carriers.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-18-15 09:08 PM
    I need help.....Just received my UNLOCKED Passport and put a Straight talk nano sim in my phone. It is running on the ATT network. Now here is the problem, my MMS works no problem,(I changed the apn settings for MMS) but I have no DATA. Instead of the top right corner saying "4G"or "LTE" it says "HOME" and I can only use voice. A notification popped up in my HUB saying I have to configure my APN settings for DATA but I cannot find any instructions on the web. Hopefully someone had the same issue I have and they can help me with this
    03-04-15 08:56 AM
    the data setting under settings, networks and connections, mobile network, APN, set access point name to tfdata, the problem I have on Z10,Z30 and passport is I can't receive a picture when someone texts it to me, sending them works fine however, if you think its not working or working send one to your own # let me know how that works ya

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 04:34 PM
    I need help.....Just received my UNLOCKED Passport and put a Straight talk nano sim in my phone. It is running on the ATT network. Now here is the problem, my MMS works no problem,(I changed the apn settings for MMS) but I have no DATA. Instead of the top right corner saying "4G"or "LTE" it says "HOME" and I can only use voice. A notification popped up in my HUB saying I have to configure my APN settings for DATA but I cannot find any instructions on the web. Hopefully someone had the same issue I have and they can help me with this
    REMOVE the sim from the phone.

Use one of the calculators and go into the Escreen and change the APN in there to "tfdata".

Put the SIM back in, and data will work.

You can't edit the APN on AT&T SIMs (they lock it at the SIM level and BlackBerry honors the SIM settings) but you CAN change it with the SIM out in the Escreen, and that will take priority. The SIM-specified APN is wrong (you're on AT&T's network but need Tracfone's APN for data to work.)

The same is true for MMS; REMOVE the SIM and set the MMSC data, then put the SIM back in. You can't edit the MMS settings with the SIM in the phone, but if set they will be honored. MMS *may* work without doing this in some areas (AT&T will allow MMS through their towers in some areas but not others; the correct settings send MMS through Tracfone's equipment), but in others it will fail so set it correctly with the SIM out so you have reliable MMS transmission and reception as well.
    shotgunboss likes this.
    05-11-15 07:26 AM
    I am utilizing an unlocked AT&T blackberry passport with Straighttalk Wireless and it works great. However I will say a lot of the apps that are android base I am having a hard time getting to work such as Facebook Messenger and Gmail. YOUTUBE works great, Google Voice works great as well. I also have instgram thanks to lucky patcher. I am a blackberry enthusiast but I was tired of the Q10 after it kept malfunctioning on me (I think it has a short in it.)
    02-28-16 08:49 PM
    I like to eat Chinese food with rice crispy treats
    03-01-16 02:18 PM
    Does Straight Talk offer a mobile hotspot feature? I used my mobile hotspot all the time with AT&T.
    03-01-16 03:25 PM
32 12