My AT&T Blackberry passport screen shattered last week. I was able to do a back up. I bought a unlocked passport. It would not restore. It said it was not compatible. So, I bought a AT&T figuring that may be the program. It came in today. Went to restore and it said it wasn't compatible. I seen a update was available so I updated the new at&t passport. I tried to restore it again. It lets me restore and goes through the whole restoring process and then nothing restores. I tried it 4 times. I really need some help. I have important contacts, documents, passwords in keeper I really need to get back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE HELP!!!
    10-25-17 02:30 PM
    Did you try the Device Switch option in LINK instead of restore?

Did you try doing a selective Restore of data in LINK - some trial and error might get most of what you want.

Going forward... don't rely on any one form of backup for your "important" data. LINK is known not to be reliable, it does help if both devices where on the same version of BB10.
    10-25-17 02:50 PM
    I did device switch option with the back up file. It is going through the complete restore process but nothing is being transferred when it is complete. I did selective restores as well and same thing. It goes through the process of transferring every file from media, contacts, data etc... and even restarts and then when it comes back on nothing is transferred over.
    10-25-17 03:13 PM
    Did you try the Device Switch option in LINK instead of restore?

Did you try doing a selective Restore of data in LINK - some trial and error might get most of what you want.

Going forward... don't rely on any one form of backup for your "important" data. LINK is known not to be reliable, it does help if both devices where on the same version of BB10.

The last sentence proved to be a key issue in the past for me. Pay attention to that (the OS version). Good luck!
    10-25-17 03:17 PM
    There is backup file on my computer. So from what I am hearing there is no way to get the file saved on my computer to restore to my passport? or is it a way I can read my information from my computer such as contact information? This is unbelievable if I can not restore or ever get to my information. It has to be a way!
    10-25-17 09:43 PM