Hi there. I used to be a Blackberry fan (had the 7290 and loved it) Like so many else I was swayed away to iPhone but have been missing a physical keyboard ever since. I am very intrigued with the Blackberry Passport. My question is can I buy a Passport unlocked and expect it to work with any carrier/telco that I choose?

I found this answer from my current carrier which I found confusing since I thought that only meant when BB was using BIS? Or are BB still not compatible with any carrier? What is the point of having a Passport if I cant email? See the post on their site below.

Can I use an unlocked Blackberry Passport with any carrier?-screen-shot-2014-09-26-11.47.04.png

I live in Australia and there are currently no carriers who are selling the Passport.

Thanks

Thomas
    09-25-14 08:51 PM
    Yes, you can. But how good the data speeds will be depends on which carrier you are on, and where you are. For example, if you are a Telstra subscriber, you will pretty much have LTE everywhere Telstra has LTE. But if you are an Optus customer, if they don't overlay their LTE networks, there may be places you are without LTE.

BIS is no longer required though.
    09-25-14 08:58 PM
    No sir you cannot use it in Australia. You'll need to send that BlackBerry Passport back to Canada c/o Me!

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    09-25-14 09:02 PM
    raino summed it up very well.

Yes, it will work with any GSM network worldwide just not with CDMA networks (Like Verizon and Sprint in the States)

If you're not sure if a network is compatible feel free to pm me an I can check for you
    09-25-14 10:15 PM
    How about tmobile?
    I got the z30 STA100-5 any links on the baseband spec sheet.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    09-25-14 10:18 PM