05-31-15 05:31 PM
36 12
tools
    Like everyone else has said, texting/emailling while driving is irresponsible and will get you a ticket in many juristictions.

Now, in answer to your question, there are things that can make the passport easier to use one handed for when you are commuting and holding a coffee in your other hand

Buy a flip cover. You can hold a passport in landscape mode quite securely in your left hand if you have a flip cover and use the keyboard's capacitive touch functionality for scrolling.

Petition blackberry to implement features such as global screen rotation (the home screen and possibly some apps are rotation locked. There is absolutely no reason for this given the 1:1 aspect ratio of the screen)

Petition blackberry to implement using the keyboard as a trackpad similar to that found in the Classic or old BBOS phones.

These two things would go a long way toward making the passport more functional with one hand. Obviously you aren't going to be typing out long emails like this (though using the keyboard with your left thumb while holding your flip cover is possible)

But if you are going to petition blackberry for these features, please do me a favour and don't say that it is so you can text and drive. They might not implement them in order to save yourself from your own irresponsibility and that would deprive us folks who have legitimate reasons for wanting this.

Posted via CB10
    merli001 likes this.
    05-30-15 05:37 AM
    Honk if you love Jesus.
    Text if you want to meet him.

Posted via Z10 - 10.2.1.3014
    Gatmyer and lpthomasson like this.
    05-30-15 07:20 AM
    I use my cellphones on the go a lot, so my question is,
    Can I use the BB Passport with one hand?
    Is it possible?
    I text and drive, email and drive, email while take the dog out, and email carrying stuff in and out of the car.
    Thanks

PS: I currently struggle to email and text with the iPhone 6 with one hand.
    That's a no.
    BUT if you *really* want to read/send text/mail and drive, there's the voice assistant for that.
    Works fine with my UConnect BT.
    05-31-15 03:50 AM
    Yes not to point this out, because so many others on this thread have, but distracted driving is now the #1 cause the of deaths in Canada, even higher than impaired driving. I don't have the stats for other countries. We wouldn't encourage you to drive while sipping on a glass of whiskey either.
    lpthomasson likes this.
    05-31-15 06:46 AM
    Yes. The only time I use two hands is when I am typing because it is so much faster but I can certainly check email, read the news, read my book, check the weather and even run the calculator with one hand

Posted via CB10
    karswarnava likes this.
    05-31-15 06:53 AM
    No

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 07:40 AM
    Thanks everyone for your time.
    I just got a new passport and is not easy to type with one hand , actually is almost impossible for me.
    But I can use the os to read things and navigate with one hand Only.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 08:49 AM
    I am going to say Yes. Absolutely. So you can then try to use it in the car and realize that it is not possible and maybe save someone elses life or even yours.
    05-31-15 08:49 AM
    I just got a new passport and is not easy to type with one hand , actually is almost impossible for me.

Posted via CB10
    Good, maybe because you can't type with one hand, you won't be so stupid to try while driving....

But people like you will just try anyways. You know how many idiots I don't want to save on a daily basis because they were texting or emailing while driving.

Posted via my Passport
    05-31-15 11:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    Show me one qwerty keypad mobile in which you or any one can type easily using one hand.. (while driving )

You are lucky because you bought BlackBerry's latest, fastest, sexiest smartphone
    And
    We (crackberry users) are lucky to see your post that it is impossible for you to handle passport in one hand..

Latest tag line of BlackBerry : BlackBerry Passport can convert a irresponsible person to a responsible one (la la la laa la la ).BlackBerry Passport is a most secured phone because it can give you a secured life.

 Z3 STJ100-1 ~10.3.1.2576 ~
    05-31-15 05:10 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 05:31 PM
36 12