When people say bb10 is dead does it mean that u cant run any bb10 apps anymore? cuz i rlly want a bb passport cuz it looks nice and i love BB OS and i heard u can run some android apps with it so it might be usable in 2018. so i have a question . Can i use the bb passport if i want to :
    Use instagram
    Use Whatsapp
    Use BBM
    Use Snapchat
    Use Maybe a paypal app?
    Use Kik
    Use Spotify
    Use Facebook and FB messenger
    Use Twitter
    Use Skype
    Use Ebay
    Use Amazon
    Use AliExpress
    I heard you can run the android version of these apps i listed
    Youtube uh honestly i have the iphone 8 and i only watch youtube on it when i need to but i mostly watch it on my macbook i dont like watching videos on a small screen!
    I am not a fan of android and even so the android bb phones dont look like a bb if u know what i mean , like it looks like another android phone just with a physical keyboard. BB isnt bb anymore without thier OS . Their OS is smooth and looks nice and i love the gestures and some of the gestures are even being used on the iPhone X! The bb OS is just great and if they kept it for long and more people started buying those devices and more developers started making apps for it i think bb will become big again. Now when i go sometimes online shopping for cases there is section for samsung devices and iphone devices and maybe LG but NO BLACKBERRY! even when i go to tech shops to buy anything for my phone i noticed non of those shops have anything for bb, BB is dying they need to do something different instead of just following what other devices are doing like just giving up and make all their devices android but with a physical keyboard...
    This just my opinion you can disagree if you want but i really think bb10 was such a great OS and i really want to use a bb passport as a second phone but first i want to know if i can use the apps i listed !
    10-19-18 08:14 PM
    When people say bb10 is dead does it mean that u cant run any bb10 apps anymore? cuz i rlly want a bb passport cuz it looks nice and i love BB OS and i heard u can run some android apps with it so it might be usable in 2018. so i have a question . Can i use the bb passport if i want to :
    It depends on the app, but most of those would require old versions of the app and/or patching to get around the lack of Google Play Services on BB10. I know for sure Skype is going to stop working in a month.

Honestly, BB10 is perfectly usable if one's usage case can be done on a BB from ten years ago; email, phone calls, texts, listening to music, taking the occasional photo, and rolling the dice on web browsing.
    10-19-18 09:06 PM
    based on that list i would say find an android device like a key2
    the_boon likes this.
    10-19-18 10:16 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    10-20-18 12:15 AM
    Use instagram
    Use Whatsapp
    Use BBM
    Use Snapchat
    Use Maybe a paypal app?
    Use Kik
    Use Spotify
    Use Twitter
    Use Skype
    Use Ebay
    Use Amazon
    Use AliExpress
    Youtube uh honestly i have the iphone 8 and i only watch youtube on it when i need to but i mostly watch it on my macbook i dont like watching videos on a small screen!
    I am not a fan of android and even so the android bb phones dont look like a bb if u know what i mean , like it looks like another android phone just with a physical keyboard. BB isnt bb anymore without thier OS . Their OS is smooth and looks nice and i love the gestures and some of the gestures are even being used on the iPhone X! The bb OS is just great and if they kept it for long and more people started buying those devices and more developers started making apps for it i think bb will become big again. Now when i go sometimes online shopping for cases there is section for samsung devices and iphone devices and maybe LG but NO BLACKBERRY! even when i go to tech shops to buy anything for my phone i noticed non of those shops have anything for bb, BB is dying they need to do something different instead of just following what other devices are doing like just giving up and make all their devices android but with a physical keyboard...
    This just my opinion you can disagree if you want but i really think bb10 was such a great OS and i really want to use a bb passport as a second phone but first i want to know if i can use the apps i listed !
    Hello hemoo,

You can use many of these apps on a Passport. As Thurask points out Skype is somewhat unclear, as one would have to use an Android version and there is a major change being made on Microsoft's end in a month, but all other apps you listed work on a Passport (many as their Android versions, but a few have native third-party versions as well).
    10-20-18 04:50 AM
    Use instagram
    Use Whatsapp
    Use BBM
    Use Snapchat
    Use Maybe a paypal app?
    Use Kik
    Use Spotify
    Use Twitter
    Use Skype
    Use Ebay
    Use Amazon
    Use AliExpress
    Most of those apps, yes. Secondary device, yes. Unless the ART minimum requirement goes to 4.4 or higher. Even then, older version apps would still be ok, unless blocked from access which some providers do. Of course, after 12/31/2019, nobody knows what happens. Don’t pay more than you can afford to lose for hobby device.
    10-20-18 06:26 AM
    My advice is to stick with your iPhone if you need all those apps. Snapchat will not work at all and Skype will be dead soon. Workarounds and finding older versions of android apps are required for some others and even then your experience may be frustration. Social media apps on BB10 (especially android versions) are power intensive and will run hot, chewing up your battery. If you want a keyboard, your only option IMHO is a KEYone, K2 or K2LE android device.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-18 08:11 AM
    Cuz I haz a cheezburga fo ma snapchat, yo!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-18 01:05 PM
    If your budget allows it, go for a KEY2.

If it doesn't, go for a KEY2 LE.

If it doesn't, go for a KEYone Black Edition.

If it still doesn't, go for a KEYone Silver Edition.

Skip the Priv.

Skip the Passport.

Skip BB10.

This is if you want all the apps you mentioned to work with no issues or headaches.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    10-20-18 03:18 PM
    A BlackBerry 10 device in 2018 is really on GOOD for calls, sms texts, emails, BBM messaging and some light web surfing. That's it aside from the native calendar, BlackBerry Remember App etc.

Some of the apps you mentioned may or may not work given the Android Runtime and the ones that do, will run terribly. The platform in 2018 and beyond really is for the most basic of uses and it's not getting better.

The uses beyond 2020 will be even worse given the state of the browser and the availability of spare parts such as batteries, keyboards and screens.

Go ahead and purchase a device like a Passport if your budget allows, they are a totally unique phone and one that stands out and feels great in the hand with excellent basic messaging capabilities. Enjoy it for what it is in 2018 and beyond, an excellent call, sms text messaging and email based device.

Cheers and good luck

Posted via CB10
    10-20-18 03:47 PM
    The thing is , if i do buy a key one or key 2 it would be like buying another android phone but with a physical keyboard. I really like the BB10 OS so it would be really nice if i can still use it tin 2018 as a second phone
    10-20-18 04:46 PM
    The thing is , if i do buy a key one or key 2 it would be like buying another android phone but with a physical keyboard. I really like the BB10 OS so it would be really nice if i can still use it tin 2018 as a second phone
    BBAndroid is still closer to BB10 than any other version of Android is
    10-20-18 05:38 PM
    If you understand the current limitations of the device and the OS with announced EOL in 14 months and can afford to lose the money spent anytime between now and whenever, buy the phone. You're saying it's a second phone hobby type device. Go for it. Since money isn't the issue, enjoy the device and then buy a PKB android to replace it...
    10-20-18 07:59 PM
    Okay ! Thank yall . Yall been very helpful i decided to buy the blackberry passport and the KEYONE and i might as well buy the key 2 just incase. cuz i rlly need the physical keyboard rn lol . And one of my classmates has the Keyone and she said the KEYONE keyboard is better than the KEY2 so i might buy all of them
    Last edited by Hemoo berry; 10-21-18 at 07:49 AM.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-21-18 07:03 AM
    Any hope getting Evolve in USA?
    Looks like much better phone than Motion
    10-21-18 08:12 AM
    Any hope getting Evolve in USA?
    Looks like much better phone than Motion
    If Optiemus' spec sheet is accurate it will literally only work on 2G.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-21-18 08:13 AM
    Okay ! . . . so i might buy all of them
    The fine folks at Blackberry Mobile will be very happy with your decision
    Hemoo berry likes this.
    10-21-18 11:17 AM
    It's good to be secondary device. I use passport for whatsapp,line, telegram and browsing, very good.. android app like instagram, facebook and google make this device battery drain and hot.. Yes I think you must buy a keyone/keytwo.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-18 11:29 AM
    Thing is you won't be liking it for too long when you find yourself wasting accumulative hours/days/years waiting for Web pages to load or feeds to refresh or APK android apps to load.

Let's talk about the effect running all this android apps have on the battery. Thing is you can't have your cake and eat it too. The best solutions here for your needs seems to be a KEYXXX device IMO.

Hope you are happy with whatever you choose
    10-21-18 12:05 PM
    Writing this on a PP to tell you that I use it in 2018 and I don't miss anything but I'm aware I'll need to find a new device by next year! Based on your list of apps this phone is not for you!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-18 02:16 PM
    If Optiemus' spec sheet is accurate it will literally only work on 2G.
    Which is virtually non-existent in the US, and what little remains is going away quickly.
    10-22-18 08:19 PM
    Blackberry Key2 brother check it out... let me know if you have any questions
    10-23-18 07:37 PM
    Okay ! Thank yall . Yall been very helpful i decided to buy the blackberry passport and the KEYONE and i might as well buy the key 2 just incase. cuz i rlly need the physical keyboard rn lol . And one of my classmates has the Keyone and she said the KEYONE keyboard is better than the KEY2 so i might buy all of them
    Glad to hear it Hemoo!

I think you'll enjoy the Passport. Please feel free to post as needed if you need any help on the BB10 end, or on the TCL Blackberry Android end. While there are multiple groups of us who are still actively using each platform, Crackberry is a melting pot and you'll find help for both!

Posted via CB10
    Hemoo berry likes this.
    10-23-18 11:27 PM
    Use instagram
    Use Whatsapp
    Use BBM
    Use Snapchat
    Use Maybe a paypal app?
    Use Kik
    Use Spotify
    Use Twitter
    Use Skype
    Use Ebay
    Use Amazon
    Use AliExpress
    Save for snapchat, the other apps in the list that I use work in some way or the other, but truth is that I'm with BB10 since 2014 and besides from a PRIV (which isn't the fastest around) I haven't had experience with other devices such as you with your iphone, but I think the experience is better in a modern smartphone. That being said, the physical keyboard is very nice to have, and for every day tasks, the phone feels quite snappy. If you buy the keytwo as well, I'd skip the k1, but really, with an iphone 8 and a passport you won't need any other device

/*Passport SQW100-1*/
    Hemoo berry likes this.
    10-26-18 08:10 AM
    As far as specs the Priv is much better than the Key 2 overall and the passport is going to emulate apps that are going to accommodate the loyalty of users that have as its daily driver the Passport, maybe Priv as a secondary device. But overall try that Passport and stick with it because loyalists will inevitably find a way at some point in time to either root Android Oreo or higher and or continue to update the Priv in any capacity. All you have to do is worry about the extra gig of RAM that the Key 2 has over the Priv and Passport along with internal storage (Get a good cloud service); other than that the Priv is much more powerful and easy to use, etc... Passport was way ahead of it's time, at the time.(Try Cobalt here in the forums)... Been with BB since 2002, but it's been a slow death since 2013...
    11-16-19 03:42 PM
31 12