Hi, everyone, I recently bought a passport se and was wondering for how long can I use it since BB10 ending ( I would like to atleast do 2 years if possible), I use Facebook messenger, instagram, youtube and netflix. I gues I can use the browser version of both right? Last for how long will you rock yours or have you switched to another OS already, thanks!
    05-18-16 08:29 PM
    The Passport will be fine for the next 2 years for it's basic functions.

In regards to the apps that you use, that's a different story. Facebook Messenger, as far as I know will end support. There is a BB10 dev that's made a native app but no one knows for sure if that app will continue to work after Facebook ends BB10 support. Instagram, you can get a BB10 native app, along with Youtube. Netflix, may not work. You can check the amazon app store but if that's not in there, you are SOL.
    05-18-16 08:55 PM
    U can alws use android version since passport has the power to run them, fluently. Im using Q10 for the past 4yr and its still working. I also use android apps and im sure passport can handle it even better. Also, im planning to switch to passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 11:06 PM
    U can alws use android version since passport has the power to run them, fluently. Im using Q10 for the past 4yr and its still working. I also use android apps and im sure passport can handle it even better. Also, im planning to switch to passport.

Posted via CB10
    The Q10 is only 3 years old.
    05-19-16 12:14 AM
    The Q10 is only 3 years old.
    Lol
    05-19-16 01:45 AM
    That's the gamble I'm taking. My main concern is browser obsolescence, but beyond that this phone meets my needs quite well.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    05-19-16 05:30 AM
    The facebook thing is disappointing, mainly for me because of messenger. I think I might try the third party paid app, it's worth it to have messages. However, I was just using the browser version anyway, as the official facebook app has never been up to par.
    05-19-16 06:50 AM
    Yeah I have a nexus 5 with the latest android so i can still use it if I need it but can anyone tell me if I can do Facebook, instagram, YouTube and netflix on the browser like on a desktop

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-19-16 10:37 AM
    Yeah I have a nexus 5 with the latest android so i can still use it if I need it but can anyone tell me if I can do Facebook, instagram, YouTube and netflix on the browser like on a desktop

I don't use FB, instagram and such, but my experience is if it works on a browser on a desktop, it probably works on the passport's browser. For instance the wordpress app didn't work out for me but it's very practical to use its web counterpart to manage websites, particularly given the Passport's screen and keyboard. YMMV!
    05-19-16 11:08 AM
    You recently purchased a Passport and you're wondering immediately how long its gonna last? I mean, c'mon, if you're concerned with that you should've gotten an iOS or Android device instead. Nonetheless, will the Passport last for two more years? Why not?!
    05-19-16 12:05 PM

For Instagram, the android version works fine and they have native 3rd party apps like IGrann and insta10 that work just as well or better. Youtube, the browser is fine and they also have 3rd party apps like Fastube (which I use) that work very well. Netfix, I use the android version and it works with no problem. Facebook, there's also 3rd party apps for that as well as messenger.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 12:27 PM
    Yes, if you don't care about whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 01:04 PM
    I don't care about whatsapps, my bank apps is in the blackberry world so Im hoping it should stay updated there for quite awhile

05-19-16 01:15 PM
    My guessing would be... yes, but I'm not sure, for sure it's gonna be still fast! But I don't know if the Web browser will be still good... or the apps going to work still.. xD

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 10:46 PM
    I have to saw, of course you still can use your phone for so long, people always find a way to make it happen. And if not you still have your Browser

 P A S S P O R T [ S E]  | CB App |
    05-20-16 03:28 AM
    "Can I Still rock my passport se for next 2 years?"

It depends on what you want to use it for. If we're talking the physical life of the phone, then you could theoretically use it for a decade, as long as you change the embedded battery periodically.
    05-20-16 05:59 PM
    Hi, everyone, I recently bought a passport se and was wondering for how long can I use it since BB10 ending ( I would like to atleast do 2 years if possible), I use Facebook messenger, instagram, youtube and netflix. I gues I can use the browser version of both right? Last for how long will you rock yours or have you switched to another OS already, thanks!
    The phone will work until the OS system run-time falls to far behind. You can side load any APPS you want, again this will all work until the run-time becomes an issue......so enjoy!.....WOOF!
    05-20-16 06:03 PM
    My plan is to continue using my Passport! Id like to get anothr 2yrs out of it.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 06:28 PM
    Yes, that is true. At least 2 Years.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E]  | CB App |
    05-20-16 07:32 PM
    Yes u can If u only use bbm, email, phone, and text as ur daily use...

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 10:39 PM
    Unlikely tbh.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    05-20-16 11:53 PM
    Netflix doesn't work in the browser. You need to install android version which works quite nice. Easiest thing is to search internet for netflix apk then you can install it straight away.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-16 12:25 AM
    Of course it will. The device is powerful and is able to run android apps flawlessly. I have installed the Google play store (excellent work from Cobalt) and everything works like a charm. Even if whatsapp drops bb10 support, android version is working - of course not that nicely integrated into the hab as the native version.
    Disclaimer: because of the quadratic display not all apps (mainly games) do not look nice in full screen mode. In that case setting the display to 16:9 format helps.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-16 12:53 AM
    Nothing ends in smartphone industry

Posted via Priv
    05-21-16 01:49 AM