As the title says how do you set up the passport to pay for things via nfc? I can't find it in the settings but the icon is there at the top of my home screen. Many thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 02:43 PM
    You have to have an NFC enabled SIM to do this. You also have to have a carrier and a bank that supports this function.

I "had" this functionality with my Z10 and Virgin Mobile. I was able to use my RBC accounts along with the RBC app to tap to pay and also Ugo Wallet with my PC financial mastercard.

Unfortunately as far as I can tell my carrier does not offer an NFC enabled Nano SIM at this point. Maybe someone has it working on another carrier.

Posted via CB10
    DBundick likes this.
    04-03-15 03:56 PM
    You first have to get an NFC enabled SIM card from your service provider. To be honest I haven't set up my passport with it yet but it did work well on my z10.

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.1.2576
    04-03-15 03:56 PM
    You first have to see if your bank has an app that works with your phone and your carrier. I use Ugo wallet on my z10. They just recently added support for the Classic so I would think the Passport would be next. Contact them and light a fire under them! They only support TD Visa and PC Financial MC at the moment (light another fire!)

Good luck with this - I hope you find something - keep us posted.
    04-03-15 04:42 PM
    If you're in the US you can pretty much forget about it.

Posted via CB10
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    04-03-15 06:00 PM
    If you're in the US you can pretty much forget about it.

Posted via CB10
    Sad but true....
    04-03-15 06:35 PM
    I'm in the uk, I bank with natwest and have the native natwest app. Can't find any options on that for nfc though.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 01:09 AM
    How common are tap-to-pay terminals in the UK? Are there financial institutions other than NatWest offering mobile payments?
    04-04-15 09:19 AM
    There are many other banks yes and my girlfriend is with lloyds bank and she has contactless payment, I've since researched this and natwest only offer the service to iPhone users.
    I'm not switching banks just so I can use the passport but would have used it if it was available.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 03:29 AM
    In Canada Bank of Montreal (BMO) has an NFC type Master Card chip device that can be affixed to the rear of the BB phone just to the side of the NFC antenna as not to block it from other device usage. It is best to use a protector shell and mount the BMO NFC card inside to keep it protected. I don't know what other banks offer this type of service.

BMO will set up the card for you and send it in the mail. When you receive it follow the instructions about how to activate it. Once mounted on the rear of the phone, leave the phone's NFC turned on and it will work for you.

BMO PayPass Card:
    PayPass Tap & Go | MasterCard Canada
    04-11-15 05:17 PM
    I loaded UGO wallet on my Passport through a backup from my Z30. It's isn't available for the Passport last time I checked. I have an nfc enabled sim. UGO let's me go through with most of the setup but stops at some point with an error and refers you to call their 1800 number.
    It's a no go for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 05:34 PM
    I loaded UGO wallet on my Passport through a backup from my Z30. It's isn't available for the Passport last time I checked. I have an nfc enabled sim. UGO let's me go through with most of the setup but stops at some point with an error and refers you to call their 1800 number.
    It's a no go for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Damn...I just bought two passports (black) for me/(white) for my wife two days ago both coming from Z10s and Z30s. I was looking forward to NFC using Ugo Wallet since I never bothered to purchase NFC enabled nano sims through my carrier Telus.

Now after finally buying them...this is what Ugo wallet is showing.

Can I set my passport to pay for things via nfc?-img_20150411_145826.png

Oh well...I guess I'm just gonna have to wait for the Passport supported Ugo app

Kinda sucks because roughly last week when I installed the Ugo app and fired it up on my Z30...it said that I needed an NFC enabled sim. Now that I have one PLUS...having just purchased a new flagship phone...my experience in finally being able to tap and pay is delayed once again.

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    Last edited by qphone; 04-11-15 at 06:04 PM.
    04-11-15 05:52 PM
    Damn...I just bought two passports (black) for me/(white) for my wife two days ago both coming from Z10s and Z30s. I was looking forward to NFC using Ugo Wallet since I never bothered to purchase NFC enabled nano sims through my carrier Telus.

Now after finally buying them...this is what Ugo wallet is showing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150411_145826.png 
Views:	1506 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	346963

Oh well...I guess I'm just gonna have to wait for the Passport supported Ugo app

Kinda sucks because roughly last week when I installed the Ugo app and fired it up on my Z30...it said that I needed an NFC enabled sim. Now that I have one PLUS...having just purchased a new flagship phone...my experience in finally being able to tap and pay is delayed once again.

I had a NFC enabled SIM in my Z10 and Ugo Wallet was stuck trying to add my card. Saw some reviews with the same issue asking for an update. Is it currently working on other models?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 06:15 PM
    In all honesty it's just easier to pull out your debit or credit card and tap to pay.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 07:32 PM
    If your card is contactless which mine is not.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 02:33 AM
    Can I set my passport to pay for things via nfc?-img_20150412_091905.jpg

No problem using CIBC Mobile Payment app with Passport on Telus.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nt-app-974122/
    04-12-15 11:24 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150412_091905.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	347091

No problem using CIBC Mobile Payment app with Passport on Telus.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nt-app-974122/
    I have an account with CIBC but don't have a credit card through them. I also have an account with TD CanadaTrust with their visa that UGO wallet supports.

I'm going to call them on Monday and ask a rough time frame for Passport support.

wak zool1 likes this.
    04-12-15 12:05 PM
    I had a NFC enabled SIM in my Z10 and Ugo Wallet was stuck trying to add my card. Saw some reviews with the same issue asking for an update. Is it currently working on other models?

Posted via CB10
    UGO is currently available on all BB10 models except the Passport. I've written to them and have received a positive answer:

Thank you for contacting UGO!

Glad you're enjoying the UGO Wallet.*You're right we only support the BlackBerry Classic today, but our teams are working on supporting the BlackBerry Passport very soon.*

To stay in the loop, check*https://www.ugo.ca/faq​.*

Have a nice weekend!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:36 PM
    UGO is currently available on all BB10 models except the Passport. I've written to them and have received a positive answer:

Thank you for contacting UGO!

Glad you're enjoying the UGO Wallet.*You're right we only support the BlackBerry Classic today, but our teams are working on supporting the BlackBerry Passport very soon.*

To stay in the loop, check*https://www.ugo.ca/faq​.*

Have a nice weekend!

Posted via CB10

Even the leap is supported.
    04-17-15 02:23 PM
    As of today, Ugo announced they now support the Passport. There's another thread about it.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 07:35 PM
    This sucks for the US

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 08:00 PM
    This sucks for the US

Posted via CB10
    Yup

Posted via CB10
    lang007 likes this.
    04-23-15 11:11 PM