It's driving me nuts. All I want to do is hook my Passport up to my iMac and sync my iCal calendar through Link. No roundabouts, no third parties like Google. Is this possible? I've tried exporting my hockey schedule as an .ics file and opening it in the Calendar app, but it only ads one game somewhere in the middle of my season.
    12-15-14 12:09 PM
    Unfortnately, I can't help but I would be interested in learning the same thing. My Macbook doesn't seem to play nice with BB. Also, Link is pretty shameful software IMHO. Hopefully communication will improve when we transition to 10.3.1.
    12-15-14 12:45 PM
    12-15-14 12:49 PM
    What happens when you choose the setup calendar synching in Link when your phone is attached? I have an iMac on Mountain Lion and when I choose this it shows my calendars. I didn't try it as I don't want to sync anything, so I don't know if it works.

edit: Tried it and the ical calendar on the iMac synched to the Passport via USB. The iMac is on OS X 10.8.5.

I think there was one version of the Mac OS that removed this connection to contacts and calendars by third party apps, but I thought I read that was restored in the latest Mac OS. It was a move to make everybody setup iCloud. We see how that worked out for some celebrities and their private pictures.
    Last edited by robsteve; 12-15-14 at 01:14 PM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-15-14 01:01 PM
    I just sync my calendars and contacts to my Passport through iCloud. Not sure why you'd want to do it via usb.

But also, Link SUCKS. It's barely usable.
    thedose likes this.
    12-15-14 01:07 PM
    I just tried it through USB and the test appointment I put in iCal on my iMac showed up on the phone after the sync.

I would suggest you check that version of Link is the latest and do some research on the OS version of the Mac. I am on OS X 10.8.5.
    12-15-14 01:10 PM
    Done some extra search, kinda "blind" as I don't use mac devices. It appears that this should work if you use mac applications but not with third party apps like outlook or entourage if you're under Mac OS X >=10.9 (see link).

KB35311-BlackBerry Desktop Software and Mac OS X Mavericks
    12-15-14 01:15 PM
    Thanks. I'm on 10.9.5 and Blackberry Link is version 1.2.2 (build 14). So basically by running any OSX of 10.9 or newer it won't work? Is anyone running Yosemete? (OSX 10.10.1) I don't have or use iCloud for anything.
    12-15-14 01:52 PM
    iCloud is free and it will allow your Mac's contacts and calendars to sync with your Passport. Seems like the best way to go given the BB Link problems.
    12-15-14 01:57 PM
    Yosemite no longer uses sync services on the desktop client, nothing for Link to use to sync at this time as I recall.
    Last edited by MobileMadness002; 12-15-14 at 02:23 PM.
    12-15-14 02:08 PM
    Yosemite no longer uses sync services on the desktop client, nothing for Link to use to sync at this time as I recall.
    From KB35311 posted earlier. It looks like Link doesn't need sync Services in the later OS versions, but inteacts with the Apps or app's database directly.

BlackBerry Link is supported for use with Mac OS X Mavericks v10.9 and later.

BlackBerry Link synchronizes directly with Apple Address Book/Contacts and iCal/Calendar applications.

Note:

BlackBerry Link only supports synchronization with BlackBerry 10 smartphones and the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
    Since SyncServices no longer exists in OS X Mavericks v10.9 and later, BlackBerry Link can no longer synchronize with applications like Outlook and Entourage.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-15-14 02:18 PM
    Thanks robsteve
    12-15-14 02:23 PM
    Okay, bit the bullet and set up my iCloud account. Did everything to set up the CalDAV account on my Passport. Nothing was in my Calendar app, reset the phone and BOOM everything was there. Thank you all for your help and tolerating my stubbornness. If I create an event in iCal it'll now sync to iCloud which will then sync to my Passport at the specified interval, correct?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-15-14 04:03 PM
    Can you share how you did that bp2k7 and/or boxersjoe??

I just sync my calendars and contacts to my Passport through iCloud. Not sure why you'd want to do it via usb.

But also, Link SUCKS. It's barely usable.
    12-15-14 05:09 PM
    I could not open what you linked. I used this: KB33812-How to integrate iCloud contact, calendar, or email accounts on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Are you on iCloud too ?
    If yes, this may help : KB33812-How to integrate iCloud contact, calendar, or email accounts on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Sorry but no mac here ...
    12-15-14 05:13 PM
    From the link Superfly posted:

Integrate iCloud calendar using CalDAV:

From the home screen, swipe down from the top bezel and select Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Advanced > CalDAV.
    Enter Description (for example: iCloud or the iCloud.com email address).
    Enter Username as either the Apple ID or iCloud.com email address.
    Enter Email Address as either the Apple ID or iCloud.com email address .
    Enter Password as the Apple ID password .
    Enter Server Address as caldav.icloud.com or p03-caldav.icloud.com (If an error returns showing the device couldn't connect to p0#-caldav.icloud.com return to the Caldav setup screen and change the server name to reflect the unique number representing the # symbol. This number could be 1-9 depending on what the return message is. Example: p05-caldav.icloud.com or p04-caldav.icloud.com)
    Select desired Sync Interval from the drop-down menu.
    Select Done.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-15-14 05:16 PM
    Okay, bit the bullet and set up my iCloud account. Did everything to set up the CalDAV account on my Passport. Nothing was in my Calendar app, reset the phone and BOOM everything was there. Thank you all for your help and tolerating my stubbornness. If I create an event in iCal it'll now sync to iCloud which will then sync to my Passport at the specified interval, correct?
    And, of course entries on your BB10 should now sync with your mac.
    Glad you went through with a 'non-exotic' third party and enjoy now wireless sync (you won't look back) !

Me, an apple helper... hehe.
    I guess we all get what 'platform agnostic' means and how it is fundamental for BlackBerry's future

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 06:22 PM
    Yes, that is correct, even if you create an event on your Blackberry and delete it on your iMac, it will also be deleted on your Blackberry.

I believe this also works for contacts and anything else that has been sync'd via iCloud.
    12-15-14 06:44 PM
    You don't even need to hook it up. Just fire up Link, set the sync relationship, and it will sync from anywhere in the world. I sync contacts and calendars to my MacBook Pro, and I don't even have an iCloud account.
    12-15-14 06:47 PM
    You don't even need to hook it up. Just fire up Link, set the sync relationship, and it will sync from anywhere in the world. I sync contacts and calendars to my MacBook Pro, and I don't even have an iCloud account.
    The same goes for Blackberry Blend, don't bother plugging it in (that's so 00's), connect via wi-fi and you are flying!

Blackberry Blend is amazing, if you haven't done so already, I highly suggest firing it up, you will be blown away at the capabilities!

Some of the features include being able to manage your files (create, delete, rename, edit) drag and drop tunes, contacts, pictures, you name it... and much much more!

for just $free.95 you get all of this and more!, stay tuned for more after this commercial break...
    12-15-14 06:49 PM