Download successful - During Install- receive this Error Message:"Could not write value RIMBBLaunchAgent.exe to key\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Verfy you have sufficient access to the key" BB DeskTop Software Version 1_b29

Can anyone assist? My Passport has most recent OS version- since installing it, the Desktop sees the Passport is connected, but cannot back up, cannot see files etc - even after turning off the AVG Fire Wall. Upgrading the Desktop software was recommended - but now the above error message comes up. Rebooting the PC has not helped.

Look forward to advice!
    03-23-15 12:48 PM
    Try un installing and reinstall to see if it helps

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 12:51 PM
    I'm sure you've downloaded the right files but it is link and not desktop manager your using isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 12:57 PM
    Yes...I want to be able to use Link and Blend...but the advice on the BB site was to install the most recent PC Desktop for BB and then upgrade the others...so everything was new and squeaky clean to work together. I think the error message is very odd...unsure what it really means. Neither my previous versions of Link, Blend or Desktop recognize my Passport since the latest Passport upgrade. I can plug in my phone to my PC or Laptop and use it via USB as Media Storage, and move files that way- just wish I could use the applicable software instead.
    03-23-15 02:28 PM
    If you Download Blend for PC (or MAC) it will Include everything (Link and Drivers) that you need. I would recommend uninstalling all Blackberry desktop software and only install from the Blend link ( BlackBerry Blend ? Desktop Software for BlackBerry - US ) on BB's Site.
    03-23-15 02:34 PM
    Thanks! I have uninstalled everything- except the newest version-which will not uninstall..nor install fully. I am going to shut down the system and try again tomorrow, in case there is some loop ongoing. When I attempted to install the new version of Link again from the link you offered, it will not install as it says the computer is busy...more weird!
    03-23-15 05:16 PM
    Hi, I had similar issue. I had to uninstall everything. Reboot to make sure it is all cleared and then reinstall. Once it is completed, I then plugged in my Passport via USB. The Passport will still complain that the USB driver is not found, but your PC will start installing the drivers. Wait until the PC is complete and then click on Ignore on the Passport. The drives get mapped and everything is working.
    03-24-15 10:51 PM