I've had my passport since they first came out, and it has been an exceptional device. About 2 weeks ago it stopped working when I would go to work. It would switch from 4g to 3g with voice and no data connection, and many times no signal whatsoever, while everybody else at work has signal. I walk outside about 20 feet, and I get a full 5 bars! I've consistantly had signal there for the last 3 years, with a weak signal on my HTC Amaze, and great signal on y Z10, Z30, and my Passport until recently. Unfortunately its a two and a half hour drive to the nearest Telus dealer. I've reloaded my os, did hard resets, removed and replaced my sim card, etc... Sounds like a hardware issue maybe? I've been on the phone with Telus a few times and they did everything they could on their end. I will be bringing it back in a week, but in the mean time, anybody have any ideas?
    12-31-14 03:57 PM
    Try out a few different Radio's, there non destructive,
    graham bowers likes this.
    12-31-14 04:01 PM
    I've managed to get great service on the .996 radio if I remember the numbers correctly, worked the second time I installed it, but now I'm stuck on 3g with voice only and no data in a 4g area. Hopefully its a sim card issue
    01-02-15 02:57 PM
    I've had my passport since they first came out, and it has been an exceptional device. About 2 weeks ago it stopped working when I would go to work. It would switch from 4g to 3g with voice and no data connection, and many times no signal whatsoever, while everybody else at work has signal. I walk outside about 20 feet, and I get a full 5 bars! I've consistantly had signal there for the last 3 years, with a weak signal on my HTC Amaze, and great signal on y Z10, Z30, and my Passport until recently. Unfortunately its a two and a half hour drive to the nearest Telus dealer. I've reloaded my os, did hard resets, removed and replaced my sim card, etc... Sounds like a hardware issue maybe? I've been on the phone with Telus a few times and they did everything they could on their end. I will be bringing it back in a week, but in the mean time, anybody have any ideas?
    9 times out of 10 you'll find that it's your carrier signal that is dropping from 4G to 3G. It's nothing to do with your phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 03:17 PM
    I've managed to get great service on the .996 radio if I remember the numbers correctly, worked the second time I installed it, but now I'm stuck on 3g with voice only and no data in a 4g area. Hopefully its a sim card issue
    Yes it could be a faulty sim , I had that once.
    01-02-15 11:19 PM
    So it is a Passport issue, not a sim card issue... sent away for repairs now. I am guilty of installing leaks, but i was back on the original 10.3.0 before the issues came up... Hopefully its nothing too serious. Thanks for all of your comments
    01-13-15 05:58 PM