I have downloaded Life360 to my Blackberry Passport. I used LuckyPatcher to try and remove Google Play Services requirements. The app itself works somewhat other than the mapping portion it continues to ask for Google Play Services. I also use Google maps and it works flawless and always pinpoints where I am. My question is this. Why doesn't the life360 mapping work? Does it not work the same? Any help would be much appreciated.
    08-10-15 01:43 PM
    Did you go through all of this http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/

Sadly.... sometimes it just isn't going to work
    08-10-15 01:50 PM
    I have downloaded Life360 to my Blackberry Passport. I used LuckyPatcher to try and remove Google Play Services requirements. The app itself works somewhat other than the mapping portion it continues to ask for Google Play Services. I also use Google maps and it works flawless and always pinpoints where I am. My question is this. Why doesn't the life360 mapping work? Does it not work the same? Any help would be much appreciated.
    I had been successfully using a similarly patched version of Life360 on my Verizon Z30 running 10.3.1. However, following the mandatory upgrade of the BB10 OS to 10.3.2 the app was broken as you've described. I have been unable to patch the the most recent version of the app to be fully functional as it had been. However, if you are comfortable using older APKs then simply patch an older version of Life360 and install. I've done so with version 6.5.1 and it displays the maps and provides the associated functions as it should. I've been unable to do so with any of the Life360 10.x versions - I'm not sophisticated enough to know the reasons why the patches fail with those versions. I also haven't taken the time to attempt any Life360 9.x versions yet. If you take it upon yourself to trial those I'd be interested to know which versions were able to have the google dependencies removed. Good luck.
    08-21-15 06:04 PM
    I had been successfully using a similarly patched version of Life360 on my Verizon Z30 running 10.3.1. However, following the mandatory upgrade of the BB10 OS to 10.3.2 the app was broken as you've described. I have been unable to patch the the most recent version of the app to be fully functional as it had been. However, if you are comfortable using older APKs then simply patch an older version of Life360 and install. I've done so with version 6.5.1 and it displays the maps and provides the associated functions as it should. I've been unable to do so with any of the Life360 10.x versions - I'm not sophisticated enough to know the reasons why the patches fail with those versions. I also haven't taken the time to attempt any Life360 9.x versions yet. If you take it upon yourself to trial those I'd be interested to know which versions were able to have the google dependencies removed. Good luck.
    Subsequent to all of this I found myself at a desktop computer and ran Cobalt's GMaps_Patcher_Win_1.3.1 on version 10.1.5 of Life360. I'm happy to report that it is fully functional, including visualization of the map.
    Last edited by semime; 08-21-15 at 08:26 PM. Reason: program name correction
    08-21-15 08:21 PM
    there's no 360 app in the bbworld or amazon app store?
    08-22-15 03:24 AM
    I tried the gmaps patcher on my pc and it now works for me. Thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    semime likes this.
    08-22-15 03:34 PM
    there's no 360 app in the bbworld or amazon app store?
    The app is present in both stores. Presence however doesn't imply that the app is functional on the BlackBerry device without patching due to the Google dependencies.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 05:49 PM