For some reason, I'm very much inclined in buying passport, which I have never used.

I know that the apps availability is very minimal in bb world and I wanted to completely rely on android for below apps

1. Twitter
    2. Skype fór business
    3. Tapatalk
    4. Few games
    5. Messenger
    6. Whatsapp

As it has got a 3gb ram, how is the performance of above apps or android in general in passport. Can I use it as a daily driver?

How is battery with above apps? Will it last a day with moderate use of android apps?

I really wanted to only use passport as daily driver and I don't want to use any other android phone as a backup phone.

Can I do that with passport in 2019?

How is bb10 browser? Working for all websites without any certificate errors?

I heard somewhere that app world will be removed by end of 2019? Is it true?

Please suggest with your best knowledge.

Thank you
    makaiman and Sahabuddin Sk1 like this.
    12-26-18 01:32 PM
    Do not buy a Passport in 2019. Some folks will come by and tell you that you can get away with it, but seriously, just don't.
    12-26-18 01:48 PM
    Do not buy a Passport in 2019. Some folks will come by and tell you that you can get away with it, but seriously, just don't.
    Thanks but willing to know why I should not buy?
    12-26-18 02:03 PM
    I bought a Passport 2x times!!!

I thought I can do it and the first 7 to 10 days were great! But then, you get annoyed by the frickle of cramped apps you need for today.

Sticking my SIM-card into the Key1 was a relief. Everything works.

The SE is so unique. But when you cant visit certain websites or lack some apps, it isn't comfortable. Unfortunately.

I will get myself a Key2, because it reminds me of the Passport SE.

Go with the times. Even if it is hard, it is important to let go and jump to the modern thing.
    john_v likes this.
    12-26-18 02:06 PM
    Thanks but willing to know why I should not buy?
    There are dozens of threads discussing the pros and cons. Do some reading so you'll make the best decision for your needs.

Since you mention needing Android apps, one big possible negative is that the built-in Android Runtime is version 4.3 with zero possibility of updating.
    skrble likes this.
    12-26-18 02:57 PM
    Do some research first. Tons of threads here.

But honestly? Get a K2/K2LE. You'll save yourself A LOT of time trying to run services which are basically EOL for BB10. It's also future-proof, at least for 2+ years.

It's not worth in my opinion. I also made my transition from much weaker Q10 just because of I got tired trying to fixing everything up ALL TIME (quick example? Web browser certificates!!! Fasttube! Grrrrrrr)
    12-26-18 05:11 PM
    I know that the apps availability is very minimal in bb world and I wanted to completely rely on android for below apps

1. Twitter
    2. Skype fór business
    3. Tapatalk
    4. Few games
    5. Messenger
    6. Whatsapp
    You'll have the same experience using the Passport with these as running an Android phone from 2014, assuming you can get around the lack of Google services, 1:1 screen ratio, and hamstrung Android runtime.

As it has got a 3gb ram, how is the performance of above apps or android in general in passport. Can I use it as a daily driver?
    Worse than Android on bare metal, even more so if you're stuck on ancient versions of apps.

How is battery with above apps? Will it last a day with moderate use of android apps?
    Even a new in box Passport has had its battery sitting and rotting since 2014-15.

How is bb10 browser? Working for all websites without any certificate errors?
    Since you said all, no.

I heard somewhere that app world will be removed by end of 2019? Is it true?
    BlackBerry App World will finally close its doors on January 1, 2020. Not that there was anything to sell, anyway.

Please suggest with your best knowledge.
    Don't bother.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-26-18 09:05 PM
    The only people who should own an old phone with an abandoned OS are the people who don't need advice.

That's not sarcasm. Owning a phone like the Passport and being satisfied with it requires you to be a 'figure it out yourself' kind of person.

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno and john_v like this.
    12-26-18 10:34 PM
    I like my Passport, but I don't use those silly time wasting apps mentioned. I prefer to waste my time in other silly ways. But time wasting tastes may vary.

Passport is still the coolest phone to have, but not very functional with most apps. Except CB10 of course.
    Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.3216

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-27-18 12:39 AM
    As other have noted here, BlackBerry 10 and the Passport will not meet most of your needs.

The Passport will be fine for calls, texts, emails and BBM in 2019. I say 2019 as the end of the year for official support is coming and that might include BBM for BB10. Calls, texts, emails and some very light web surfing will be alright post 2019 for the majority of users.

The items you mentioned won't work or won't work will on the platform. As others have noted, get a BlackBerry Key 2 or Key 2 LE which is on sale now and can give you years of trouble free Android use.

Good luck and I hope we can see you on the BlackBerry devices going forward!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-18 05:41 AM
    Hadn't used my passport for over two years because the sim card wasn't reconised, just moved to thailand and put a thai sim card in and low and behold it's working, brought a little tear to my eye, forgot how good the hub was once all those emails came flooding in, didnt realise how much I missed this keyboard and those speakers, sadly the rest is hit amd miss some apps still work but with not having any whatsapp I don't think it's a good idea to get involved in a 5 year old phone in this day and age..

Passport to heaven..
    12-27-18 07:18 AM
    hmm thanks for all your responses! thogh my concious mind says don't go for it, my subconnscious mind still thinks passprt is good choice
    12-27-18 07:22 AM
    hmm thanks for all your responses! thogh my concious mind says don't go for it, my subconnscious mind still thinks passprt is good choice
    If it's not much money to you, and you have plenty of time on your hand for learning how to run Autoloaders and find and install older apps and deal with the issues. If can be a fun hobby.

If it isn't "fun" money for you... listen to your conscious mind and move on to a phone that will do what you want, when you need it too.
    babugaru1 likes this.
    12-27-18 08:12 AM
    I use my Passport as an always-on (and always charging) phone, text and email reader; it's tethered (via T-Mobile Digits) to my main phone for this purpose. It's not necessary but I just like the bigger screen, volume (fabulous as a speaker phone) and look.
    babugaru1 likes this.
    12-27-18 12:42 PM
    If it's not much money to you, and you have plenty of time on your hand for learning how to run Autoloaders and find and install older apps and deal with the issues. If can be a fun hobby.

If it isn't "fun" money for you... listen to your conscious mind and move on to a phone that will do what you want, when you need it too.
    Im expert brother..I didn't say Im new to blackberry...before saying that, please read my post about the best way to get out of bb10 here..I know about about each android app and their workaround..

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...orial-1066219/

Im familiar with bb10 and bbos...I have at least 8 bb devices with me which are not working right now..But I didn't use passport and classic before...and I cant afford bb key2..too costly for me.. I can afford key2 le but I really don't want that as it can't support capacitive touch..

Im really inclined either towards classic or passport..In fact I want to buy both as they have been proven what they are unlike bb android devices...

I can still buy key2 with EMI.. but will it worth? I think no after seeing n number of negative comments... I have gifted my android junk phone to other...Now I'm left with no phone...

I need to buy a new phone now...

I have 3 options

1. key2 (no key 1 pls)
    2. classic (for its trackpad, which I was missing all time on my q10 which is dead now)
    3. passport (I feel it is legend though I never used, I like that big screen though my hands are small, I like its horse power, I believe the mentioned android apps in my OP will work smooth and battery will also be good irrespective of their usage..but Im getting all negative comments)

Now tell me, can I buy passport tomorrow?

Pls answer quickly as I don't have any device right now with me..posting this from my laptop
    12-27-18 01:47 PM
    Im expert brother..I didn't say Im new to blackberry...before saying that, please read my post about the best way to get out of bb10 here..I know about about each android app and their workaround..

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...orial-1066219/

Im familiar with bb10 and bbos...I have at least 8 bb devices with me which are not working right now..But I didn't use passport and classic before...and I cant afford bb key2..too costly for me.. I can afford key2 le but I really don't want that as it can't support capacitive touch..

Im really inclined either towards classic or passport..In fact I want to buy both as they have been proven what they are unlike bb android devices...

I can still buy key2 with EMI.. but will it worth? I think no after seeing n number of negative comments... I have gifted my android junk phone to other...Now I'm left with no phone...

I need to buy a new phone now...

I have 3 options

1. key2 (no key 1 pls)
    2. classic (for its trackpad, which I was missing all time on my q10 which is dead now)
    3. passport (I feel it is legend though I never used, I like that big screen though my hands are small, I like its horse power, I believe the mentioned android apps in my OP will work smooth and battery will also be good irrespective of their usage..but Im getting all negative comments)

Now tell me, can I buy passport tomorrow?

Pls answer quickly as I don't have any device right now with me..posting this from my laptop
    Passport is not current device so I’m not sure how soon you can buy. Also, keep in mind that as Passport got older, many of them had problem with getting carrier signal and could be used WiFi only, no good as carrier device.
    12-27-18 02:25 PM
    Passport is not current device so I’m not sure how soon you can buy. Also, keep in mind that as Passport got older, many of them had problem with getting carrier signal and could be used WiFi only, no good as carrier device.
    I dont think there will be a problem with signal, at least in India
    12-27-18 02:41 PM
    I dont think there will be a problem with signal, at least in India
    You’re not understanding the problem. Many Passports develop an issue where the device is getting mobile service and then all of a sudden the hardware fails. It goes from everything good, to emergency calls and WiFi only.... known problem with no fix....
    12-27-18 02:45 PM
    You’re not understanding the problem. Many Passports develop an issue where the device is getting mobile service and then all of a sudden the hardware fails. It goes from everything good, to emergency calls and WiFi only.... known problem with no fix....
    Never heard, I will wait for others to comment..

Do classic behave in the same way?
    12-27-18 03:05 PM

You can search multiple threads here on CrackBerry that detail problems in depth....
    12-27-18 03:07 PM
    You can search multiple threads here on CrackBerry that detail problems in depth....
    This is what I have been doing for all these days..but never realized there was a problem with signal or network? Do you mean this problem persists with all the bb10 devices?
    12-27-18 03:09 PM

No it's a hardware issue that is unique to the Passport... probable still a very small percentage of the overall number of Passports that have been activated. But it's common enough here.

As for India... as long as you have looked at the LTE bands for your area and carriers.
    12-27-18 03:34 PM
    Ignore the mods when it comes to anything to do with BB10.

A lesson that must be learnt quickly if you are to enjoy these informative boards.

If you want a productive phone with basic old Android apks go for it. I have ZERO issues running my Passport for business and day to day.
    babugaru1 likes this.
    12-27-18 03:42 PM
    Ignore the mods when it comes to anything to do with BB10.

A lesson that must be learnt quickly if you are to enjoy these informative boards.

If you want a productive phone with basic old Android apks go for it. I have ZERO issues running my Passport for business and day to day.
    You’re being serious???
    12-27-18 03:44 PM
    I have ZERO issues running my Passport for business and day to day.
    Your previous posts indicate otherwise, even if you were referring to your Leap. You must have forgot the 3 days your phone was in your own words barely usable, you couldn't open apps, could barely make a call even after numerous resets, and couldn't access you 'vital data stored in an encrypted notepad on the phone'. But eh, OP doesn't have to listen to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Sahabuddin Sk1 likes this.
    12-27-18 03:54 PM
42 12