Whenever people see my BlackBerry Passport at first they react surprised BlackBerry released new devices but after they grab the mobile and dig around, they end up saying positive things like "this is a nice phone" or "I'd buy this one because it's actually nice".

So I wonder if BlackBerry can still get people's attention then why aren't they selling more devices? They've been doing a great job and they've released in my opinion and probably their best devices (9900, Q10, Passport and Classic) in the past few years.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport 
    JMDBERRY and anon(8050899) like this.
    09-05-16 09:45 PM
    How many of these "people" ACTUALLY went out and bought one?
    09-05-16 09:47 PM
    That's the thing, there's so much negativity around the brand already!

If you put out the same device and call it iphone something or Samsung something people would buy it just because of the brand... So what can BlackBerry do to gain people's attention again :/

09-05-16 09:53 PM
    So what can BlackBerry do to gain people's attention again :/
    They switch to Android so they have an ecosystem to offer.
    09-05-16 09:59 PM
    Support and applications... support and applications... support and appl...

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 04:05 PM
    A bit too late for BB10. Start showing them Priv and Dtek50 before we say it a bit too late for those too.
    09-13-16 04:15 PM
    Bb10 os 4life
    09-13-16 05:24 PM
    Other companies have managed dramatic turnarounds, some people don't realize Apple almost died two or three times. The common theme seems to be thinking in terms of the ecosystem and offering clear value for the customer. In spite of Google's best efforts Android seems to be hitting a rough patch at the moment, you can have gaping security holes, known brands with partial solutions (Sony, Motorola, HTC), or unknown / Chinese brands with lots of hardware, in which I would place zero trust. There are plenty of opportunities but it's going to require some focus. I keep thinking Blackberry's future might be assured if their biggest users owned them, as an alternative to depending on Apple or Google.
    09-13-16 05:51 PM
    Other companies have managed dramatic turnarounds, some people don't realize Apple almost died two or three times. The common theme seems to be thinking in terms of the ecosystem and offering clear value for the customer. In spite of Google's best efforts Android seems to be hitting a rough patch at the moment, you can have gaping security holes, known brands with partial solutions (Sony, Motorola, HTC), or unknown / Chinese brands with lots of hardware, in which I would place zero trust. There are plenty of opportunities but it's going to require some focus. I keep thinking Blackberry's future might be assured if their biggest users owned them, as an alternative to depending on Apple or Google.
    Rough patch?

Android is more secure than ever, even without BlackBerry's extras. Google is so sure, they are offering $200k to anyone that can crack the latest Nexus phones.

Market share continues to climb at the expense of Apple (now above 84%).

Where's the rough?
    09-13-16 06:22 PM
    Android has now improved to the point that it's more secure than iOS. As for BlackBerry, as much as I'm a supporter (Curve 8250, Bold 9780, 9900, Torch 9810, Q10, Passport), it's no longer a brand big enough to warrant any attention from the consumers.

What's popular in Singapore?
    1. Anything Samsung comes up with.
    2. Anything Apple comes up with.
    3. LG, Sony, Chinese OEMs (in that order).

Here in Singapore, BlackBerry is nothing. People still queue for the latest from Samsung, and from Apple (to a smaller extent). People still scratch their heads when they see me holding the black Passport. BlackBerry is no longer in anyone's mind. The fact that the Priv was priced the same as the iPhone 6, during launch, probably killed it. (I've seen like 2 Privs in 7 months). I do hope BlackBerry can stay in the handset business, because I'll continue to support them (after my Passport dies, I'll go for the Mercury, if it's any good), but over here, I'm probably one of the (BlackBerry probably has 0.01% market share locally) very last BlackBerry supporters in Singapore.

The truth hurts. And I still prefer a PKB.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 07:05 PM
    Yeah my Passport gets people's attention but then they ask about the apps....

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 10:09 PM
    Rough for Android selling brands like Sony, LG, HTC and the rest. Samsung does better because they make many of the components, and good for them, but this Note 7 exploding thing is going to cost them dearly. And the security concerns are real and affect everyone, Google prize or not. I wasn't that concerned until I started reading the deeper issues, and how they are not being addressed.
    09-15-16 11:06 PM
    How many of these "people" ACTUALLY went out and bought one?
    These people had weak mind set and that they are not willing to get out of their comfort zone to try new things! They just don't want to be different and there following the crowd.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 07:58 AM
    I'm with you on that but most "new things" don't cost hundreds of dollars.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    09-18-16 08:12 AM
    1. Lack of marketing.
    2. Apps, apps, apps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-20-16 09:44 PM
    I completely agree. Totally. Well put. That's been the issue for years.

andy957 likes this.
    09-20-16 10:53 PM
    Wow. An SE for 299! http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=o3gfhy4-

BlackBerry may be a thing. BB10 may not. I'd get one right now but it won't run my android billing software.

09-22-16 09:05 AM