Can blackberry and government read emails, as well as remove my device encryption, I heard that government agencies can decrypt bbm messages and other device info does it mean they can read all the info on my device, what if I don't use BBM does it still apply, and what about device encryption, can it be decrypted if I lose my device or something, I have a small business and I want to use the blackberry passport but I'm not sure if I even have any privacy on it. I thought blackberry was a secure device and the Priv is marketed as a privacy device, what is going on, is it all just a scam.
    Last edited by skyWorld76; 11-16-16 at 08:11 AM.
    11-16-16 07:59 AM
    Whether they can or cannot should not really bug you. It's a given that BlackBerry is the most secure (I do believe that) so go ahead and get the Passport. I'm still on the fence about moving to Android though
    11-16-16 09:26 AM
    iPhone, Blackberry and Gmail users are 'screwed'. Julian Assange:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/vi...-screwed-video
    11-16-16 01:05 PM
    Can blackberry and government read emails, as well as remove my device encryption, I heard that government agencies can decrypt bbm messages and other device info does it mean they can read all the info on my device, what if I don't use BBM does it still apply, and what about device encryption, can it be decrypted if I lose my device or something, I have a small business and I want to use the blackberry passport but I'm not sure if I even have any privacy on it. I thought blackberry was a secure device and the Priv is marketed as a privacy device, what is going on, is it all just a scam.
    Yours queries still remain the Myth.

But Incase you lose your device you can easily remote wipe your device.

BBM is not encrypted AFAIK.

Compared to Android, BBOS and IOS is much secured Eco system I can assure that.

Android can easily gain access to Backdoors. I myself was able to gain backdoor access on an android device without permissions I've an entire Video about it which I recorded all it needs is an APK install.

So I suggest you not to be so bothered pick a Passport or an IOS it's secured when compared to Android.

BlackBerry Passport the productive workhorse.
    11-16-16 01:19 PM
    There is so much, so many layers, and you haven't scratched the surface.

First, the global key applies to BBM, not email. Search and read the BBM security note. The short of it is in most cases today a BBM message is encrypted between the devices and the server, but scrambled, with the global key, as it transits the server. The exception is when a legacy BBOS device is one or both of the devices, in which case the message is scrambled between device and server. That is standard BBM. BBM Protected messages are encrypted end to end.

The second thing, the BIG THING, is security and privacy aren't necessarily the same things, and neither is black and white, yes or no, on or off. You need to break everything down, look at what you are protecting, how you are protecting, where it is vulnerable, what are the threats, the likelihood of an attack, and what are the consequences of compromised privacy or security.

These are not questions to ask and get answered on a forum. If you are really concerned these are things you need to research yourself at the sources of information, and get (pay for) professional help if necessary.
    Heavens1 likes this.
    11-17-16 06:36 AM
    If you want a secure and free service try Proton Mail based in Switzerland https://protonmail.com/ there's an android app that somebody in the forum tested and works, one caveat, you have to manage your mail using a Web browser in your computer.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 01:58 PM
    If you have to ask, emails aren't encrypted in the first place. For email, the entities that host the mail servers (Google, Microsoft, Yahoo) are the ones to watch out for.
    11-17-16 02:04 PM
    This isn't really specific to the Passport. Maybe would be better asked in the General BlackBerry forums.
    11-18-16 08:45 PM