I purchased my BB Bold years ago, the very first month the first Bold came out. In the options section of my phone it currently says it's a Bold 9000 (Though I thought I remembered it was an 8000 number, but can't be sure). I am likely going to be getting a new Passport shortly after the first of the year, but in the meantime I want to save some money, so am likely going to switch over from AT&T to Cricket Wireless temporarily, and since I don't currently use Data anyway, I'll just get their least expensive $25/month unlimited Talk & Text plan, along with their Bring Your Own Device option. My AT&T contract long ago expired, and I long ago cancelled my Data to save money (I'll resume Data once I get the Passport).

My concern is that on the Cricket Wireless website it asks if my current phone uses a Mini, Micro or Nano SIM card, and I have no idea which it is, or if it is another type altogether. Some people seem to simply say "SIM card" so for all I know there is a regular SIM card type other than one of the three above. I am also concerned that whichever size/type of SIM card is in my BB Bold that the one I buy from Cricket Wireless for about $10 when I sign up may not fit if there are subtle differences.

If anyone can answer my question, and provide any other useful insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    10-24-14 05:03 PM
    Replied in your other thread. Please stop cross-posting the same question across multiple forums.
    10-24-14 05:05 PM
    I will, and thank you for the answer. I didn't know if the other forum was so old or otherwise unpopular that no one would be using it, thus I repeated the post here, but I stand corrected, and won't do that in the future. Are you certain it is the "Mini" SIM card in my old original BB Bold? Thanks again.

In case anyone else is wondering, here was your referenced reply: "That would have been a mini SIM. The 'mini' is often dropped, but that's what full sized SIM cards are"
    10-24-14 05:14 PM