I just got one and I'm just trying to use it as a bluetooth speaker. My surface and passport can't find it. I'll say search for bluetooth device or something and passport and surface can't find it

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 09:10 PM
    The Amazon Echo app works fine for me. You'll need to download it from Google Play or Snap. I haven't tried playing music stored on my BlackBerry. I do know that it will play Amazon Prime music, as well as your Pandora radio stations.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    05-01-15 09:37 PM
    Same for me, the app works great. I've not tried a direct connection via bluetooth though.
    05-01-15 11:04 PM
    Got it to work, I had to go to settings in the app and remove previous connected devices and then it found it perfectly

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 02:00 AM
    Even if I sideload the Amazon Echo app, I can't download it in Canada from google playstore. Does anyone know how to pair the Amazon Echo to bluetooth on the Classic?
    08-15-15 08:47 AM
    Does it seem to play well and sound good?
    08-15-15 09:16 AM
    The Amazon Echo sounds amazing! I wish we could download the Echo App as we are so limited without it. Now we are having trouble pairing the iphone 5 and Classic to the Amazon Echo so that we can listen to our music on those devices. Americans are lucky to be able to access so many more things than we in Canada are able to do.
    08-15-15 09:26 AM
    Maybe there is a limitation of the volume of devices it can handle at one time.
    08-15-15 10:26 AM
    An amazon product that doesn't have an app in their own store???

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 12:51 PM
    I've had the Echo since it was first offered on a limited basis to Prime members, so it's coming up on a year that I have had Echo. It's become a must have in my home. I find the voice recognition to be excellent, at least on par with SIRI, and the responses to be above average even with some tough questions. The fidelity from such a small unit is amazing. I think it could be better and I have commented on that below. *

When I wake in the morning, I ask it for my flash news briefing, then I have it play music for me while I get ready to leave the house.

While I'm gone, it plays music for my dog to keep her company.

I also use it for weather forecasts, sports scores, and to play my CD Collection. I have Ripped my Entire CD Collection to the Amazon Prime Music Cloud, so I no longer have to put in a CD to play it.

* BUT....
    How I wish the Echo had a Bluetooth OUT so that I could port the music from the Echo to my Stereo, or to a 2nd speaker for true stereo. THAT would be excellent.
    I have emailed Amazon about this and they said they were taking it into consideration for future offerings on the Echo.
    08-15-15 01:15 PM