Passport takes a long time at night to focus and flash. During the day the passport is way better than an iPhone. just when it comes to night pics. Unless I have a setting on that is making it take forever to snap the pic.
    11-27-14 08:34 AM
    Ever since BB10 was launched, I've been impressed by the quality of photos. Finally, BlackBerry cameras compete with, and are better than in some cases, other top selling devices.

Somehow, many people refuse to acknowledge the awesome cameras and instinctively claim that iPhone cameras are the best.

From the shots in this post, both are very good smartphone cameras, but almost indistinguishable from each other. Neither is as good as a real digital camera from 5 or 6 years ago, so everyone should relax.

As the OP mentioned, the iPhone shots had HDR automatically turned on, which really helps in the lighting conditions of the shots selected (both bright light and dark areas). That would explain why many thought the iPhone was better in day shots. It would be good to see comparisons where HDR isn't engaged or suggested.

Passport automatically turns on night mode, which would explain why many believe the Passport wins in night shots. If there's an equivalent setting on iPhone, I'd like to see how it compares.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    11-27-14 09:22 AM
    I just post it here... for reference
    11-27-14 10:37 AM
    Passport takes a long time at night to focus and flash. During the day the passport is way better than an iPhone. just when it comes to night pics. Unless I have a setting on that is making it take forever to snap the pic.
    Generally it is a good idea to set the camera to Night Mode. This prevent it from trying to overexpose the dark areas making them middle grey brightness, which introduces noise, slows down shutter speed and makes the pic look quite different from reality.

Also, I do not use flash wherever possible. Most phone cams have horrible flashes, leading to gastly people pics and ugly shawdows.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 11:18 AM
    I agree it seems the color is off on the passport in some shots. I think its good in low light almost to the point it over does it.
    The iPhone appears to have better White Balance,....unless the PP White Balance is not set correctly. That is, if it has selectable White Balance.
    01-21-15 10:44 PM
    Majority of the photos on the iphone seem sub par and yellowed out. Where as the majority taken by Passport grabs a lot more detail and actually looks more natural as the way someone would see the setting with their own eyes.

I'm not a pro on digital photos. But if I take a photo I wouldn't want it all yellowed and I would expect to see all the same detail I saw with my own eyes.
    Unfortunately that's not the case with the iphone in these pictures. And everyone praising the iphone are sounding identical to one another. A lot of the words they are using are exact phrases from reviews I've seen done on the iphone.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 05:54 PM
    Majority of the photos on the iphone seem sub par and yellowed out. Where as the majority taken by Passport grabs a lot more detail and actually looks more natural as the way someone would see the setting with their own eyes.

I'm not a pro on digital photos. But if I take a photo I wouldn't want it all yellowed and I would expect to see all the same detail I saw with my own eyes.
    Unfortunately that's not the case with the iphone in these pictures. And everyone praising the iphone are sounding identical to one another. A lot of the words they are using are exact phrases from reviews I've seen done on the iphone.

Posted via CB10
    Your whole post is BS. "Exact phrases"
    passport1 likes this.
    07-07-15 10:23 AM
    Your whole post is BS. "Exact phrases"
    Trolling
    Go read thru the thread your self.
    But I can see your not here for that or to take the time to do it.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 12:17 PM
    Trolling
    Go read thru the thread your self.
    But I can see your not here for that or to take the time to do it.

Posted via CB10
    Far from trolling. All your comments sound churned to attract apple bashers. Like said it's BS. Plus your time is outdated. In less than 3 months there will be a new iPhone out.
    07-07-15 05:58 PM
    Far from trolling. All your comments sound churned to attract apple bashers. Like said it's BS. Plus your time is outdated. In less than 3 months there will be a new iPhone out.
    And your in a BlackBerry forum.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    07-07-15 06:00 PM
    And your in a BlackBerry forum.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't mean you have to bash another platform.
    07-08-15 07:29 AM
    Doesn't mean you have to bash another platform.
    I don't think the above has anything to do with this thread. So we're done here unless it's regarding camera.
    Enjoy your day
    Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 08:20 AM
    Interesting. For me it's six one half a dozen to the other. Rather just use a real camera for pictures.
    07-08-15 08:36 AM
    I don't think the above has anything to do with this thread. So we're done here unless it's regarding camera.
    Enjoy your day
    Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    If I didn't have anything else to say I'd say the same thing.
    07-12-15 04:11 AM
    If I didn't have anything else to say I'd say the same thing.
    Nah, just done wasting time on insignificance.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 05:10 AM
    Former BlackBerry user turns into hater, trolling the old forum his new phone no longer has business with. So sad.

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.798 on Telkomsel Network
    07-12-15 06:49 AM
    Former BlackBerry user turns into hater, trolling the old forum his new phone no longer has business with. So sad.

Well that's not me. Passport is my daily phone. All other are collecting dust or given away to family and friends.

But you are so right, it is sad when you start seeing a person go thru threads and all their posts are short or just lack any substance to the thread at all.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 07:24 AM
    I have a iphone 6, passport and an xperia z2 and spend a lot of time comparing images. The blackberry passport can take great photos, but the focus takes time. Sometimes, you miss the moment waiting for it to focus properly, or retake after the first was unfocused.

The iphone is quick, accurate and in focus almost all the time. I struggle to find a fault in indoor images where it wipes the floor with most of the devices I have used.
    07-12-15 01:36 PM
    I struggle to find a fault in indoor images where it wipes the floor with most of the devices I have used.
    Can't disagree with that. It does good indoors. Outdoors is a little different of a story.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 04:00 PM

I still use the passport. Not sure how Truthful comments turn into trolling. So sad.
    07-12-15 06:56 PM
    I still use the passport. Not sure how Truthful comments turn into trolling. So sad.
    Just being friendly here for you.
    You might want to stop while your ahead.
    And why I say that....

That's why my passport is in a drawer and I'm back on my 6+
    Trolling? I'm just speaking facts.
    Now you're adding words to build your case. Don't get it twisted. I'm still down with the passport. Still use it.
    Your words not mine. And I'm sure most people have seen it also.
    Changing mid way to now I do use the Passport doesn't make your cases stand strong or factual with many.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 08:17 PM
    Just being friendly here for you.
    You might want to stop while your ahead.
    And why I say that....

Your words not mine. And I'm sure most people have seen it also.
    Changing mid way to now I do use the Passport doesn't make your cases stand strong or factual with many.

Posted via CB10
    Either way I'm sticking with what I said. Those comments up above don't suffice to support you digging so deep into me saying my passport is in a drawer. I'm sure folks see how defensive you are and your ability to attempt to blast folks also. To each is own, I use both and will say what I wanna say. Case closed.

FYI. My evidence are all in the history of my threads and even posts where I'm talking about the passport. Do those look like negativity? Do better research next time man. In the beginning I loved the passport but I got tired of tinkering, long story short. Cheers!
    07-13-15 05:53 PM
    You can just used Camera++ instead, it has a ton of controls.
    08-10-15 10:30 AM
123 ... 345