I had an issue where the cursor would jump back, that would happen exclusively on the Whatsapp Android version. I no longer have that issue. I don't know if that's what you're referring to.

I hope the camera issue goes away the same way.

Posted via CB10
    The double typing issue was when you hit the b-key -- for example -- and it would register as "bb" instead of "b."

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 11:06 PM
    My front camera is basically worthless. The pictures are similar to my 1.3mp flip phones I had 10+ years ago. The rear camera has the POTENTIAL to take good pics and I do have a few, but 90% of them are just junk, blurred etc.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    05-08-17 12:44 PM
    I am having more luck. I have tried switching lots off settings back and forth and wiping the lens. Now I am getting prompts by the camera about switching to and from high contrast light settings.

For whatever reason, the auto focus seems more reactive and seems to work.

I could see how in theory debris on the lens could disrupt autofocus but seems unlikely.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 02:39 PM
    Do you mean HDR? That setting works best for me when I don't wanna use the flash but I keep it off most of the time

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 05:33 PM
    The only solution to this problem is to open your trash bin and dunk it inside... LoL

Just kidding..I too have this same issue on my OG Passport, and completely stop taking pics and just accustomed myself to avoid the camera. #Shame

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 08:29 PM
    I truly think there is a way to get the hardware to work if you play around with the settings at least some of the time. Maybe there is a piece that is getting stuck that can be coaxed back in to functioning somehow.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 12:08 AM
    Do you mean HDR? That setting works best for me when I don't wanna use the flash but I keep it off most of the time

Posted via CB10
    The problem with HDR on a BlackBerry is, the camera has enough challenge taking good pictures with HDR turned off... with it on, I hope you have a lot of time and a steady hand to take any worthwhile pictures.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    05-25-17 08:37 AM
    I've had better luck with HDR on the passport than I have with other devices. I just know it can be WAY worse ie. HTC purple haze, etc

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 05:41 PM
    It's a hardware issue. I've had this issue twice and had to be replaced both times by carrier. I think the focusing mech needs replacing/adjusting.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 11:32 AM
    It's a hardware issue. I've had this issue twice and had to be replaced both times by carrier. I think the focusing mech needs replacing/adjusting.

Posted via CB10
    With mine it doesn't react at all. If I had to guess it would a static friction on a part is too strong for the motor. Once it jumps to life it can focus.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 10:51 PM
    I have ordered a rear camera replacement on ebay. I'll receive it in 2 weeks or so. I will report whether or not it fixed the problem.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 07:16 AM
    I posted on this same issue and got no replies.

Mine will focus if I bang it...some times. The video will stutter and records a clicking noise. Sometimes there is no effort to even focus it just....doesn't even bother trying.

So my solution was to order a KEYone.
    06-01-17 07:57 AM
    Cool. Look forward to hearing the result.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 01:48 PM
    Read all posts but I'm afraid that for all of us who faced this focus camera issue there're no hope that it'll be fixed via sftw. My Passport SE is just one year old and since a couple of months I can't rely anymore on its back camera (I guess I've tried everything on setup, switches, tipping on, rolling it upside down, etc.) therefore to shoot pics I need a regular camera or play with another mobile shoot pics and tranfer'em on my Passport! all this make me really upset but I'm close to give up just waiting the sales opening of KeyOne in Italy! Btw if anybody's got any logic and trustable solution.........I'll be glad to try!
    06-06-17 08:11 AM
    Mine also developed this issue!...
    No focus working and pics in general very blurry...
    I bought it in August 15, so I still have guarantee on it and will send it in as soon as I am back home...

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 09:02 AM
    My rear camera replacement arrived today, and I just replaced it. And it's focusing again!!!

Seems like the problem was the camera. So happy to have it back.

I will report if anything changes.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 06:41 PM
    My rear camera replacement arrived today, and I just replaced it. And it's focusing again!!!

Seems like the problem was the camera. So happy to have it back.

I will report if anything changes.

Posted via CB10
    That is really interesting news. I had to switch to a new passport anyway because the antenna stopped working. But going forward, maybe we should be learning how to switch out the cameras.

Did you post where you got yours and how you did the switch? Is there a Youtube video?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-17 10:00 PM
42 12