My Passport will not make or receive any calls. I told my son who has a BlackBerry Leap and surprisingly he too have the same problem. But his wife who also has a Leap and her phone is working fine.
    We are all on Vodafone UK. BBM, WhatsApp all working fine bbm and WhatsApp calls are working. Did a hard re set several times with no luck. Sometimes when the phone restarts it gets very hot.
    All the settings are ok.
    Are we the only ones with this problem?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 03:14 PM
    Are your Passport and your son's Leap unlocked, or at least from Vodafone UK?
    Does data (through Vodafone, not WiFi) work OK?

Why does your/your son's phone restart? Are you guys restarting them or does it happen spontaneously?
    10-16-15 04:30 PM
    Yes both the devices are unlocked.
    I did switch my wifi off and sent myself a text and an email both were received. Therefore data is going via the Vodafone network.
    The phones are not restarting by themselves we had to do it.
    Still can't send or receive voice calls via Vodafone.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 11:13 PM
    Do you mean wifi-calling? Or the normal calling via the phone App?
    10-16-15 11:55 PM
    Unless I'm missing something, your texts should be sent through the cellular voice service, not data.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 06:58 AM
    Not wifi calling. Network calling. The strange thing is it is not working in London. But it does in Hampshire. Then how does one explain how my daughter in law's Leap is working but not my son's? Strange

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 01:13 PM
    Why don't you backup and reload the software? Have you tried it?

Posted via my Black Passport
    10-17-15 01:29 PM
    The strange thing is it is not working in London. But it does in Hampshire. Then how does one explain how my daughter in law's Leap is working but not my son's? Strange
    How many bars of signal do you see on your phone, or does your son see on his Leap whenever you can't place a call? And to clarify, your son's and your phones work fine in Hampshire, but not in London, but your DiL's works fine in both London and Hampshire?
    10-17-15 06:55 PM
    Not sure what Dil is!!!!
    I've tried again today. About 5 miles from home on my way to Hampshire the phone started to work. Often see a small h followed by full signal.
    I'm hoping to change the sim card tomorrow and see if it makes any change.
    Not keen on reloading the OS as it took me a long time to load snap. Not that clever when it comes to side loading etc. Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 03:28 AM
    Not sure what Dil is!!!!
    I've tried again today. About 5 miles from home on my way to Hampshire the phone started to work. Often see a small h followed by full signal.
    Not keen on reloading the OS as it took me a long time to load snap. Not that clever when it comes to side loading etc. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Reloads are not that bad when you do a complete backup using link.
    Multiple times I have done a complete back up,than an OS reload. Then a complete restore of the backup and any issue I had was usually fixed.

You can also just restore individual apps thru Link. Like snap, which then takes the side load process out of the equation.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 06:27 AM
    Not sure what Dil is!!!!
    Sorry, that was just me being lazy about typing out daughter-in-law.

OK. Small h means 3G coverage, voice only. You may have weak cellular coverage around you, or your phone may need a better radio file.

Can you tell us which OS build you have installed on your phone? You can type myver in a blank text message to get this information. Have your son and daughter-in-law do this as well, and compare their OS build numbers to each other's.

Also, please check for any available OS updates pending download and install.
    10-18-15 10:18 AM
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    That is my version. Same thing happened again today. All ok when I was driving from Hampshire. Soon as I got near London no calls.
    It is a shame that my Passport is one year and three weeks old. Out of guarantee

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 02:32 PM
    Try in settings, network, connections, mobile network and the network technology option. It is possible your phones are set to only use LTE, 3G, and not the older technologies such as Edge or GSM, which you may need in some areas.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 09:09 PM
    My Passport will not make or receive any calls. I told my son who has a BlackBerry Leap and surprisingly he too have the same problem. But his wife who also has a Leap and her phone is working fine.
    We are all on Vodafone UK. BBM, WhatsApp all working fine bbm and WhatsApp calls are working. Did a hard re set several times with no luck. Sometimes when the phone restarts it gets very hot.
    All the settings are ok.
    Are we the only ones with this problem?

Posted via CB10
    Did you do an update?The radio apk may have gotten corrupted!Try side loading yer os radio file again.

 вιaсĸвεггч Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2639 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    10-19-15 06:12 AM
    Thank you all for your suggestions. It appears that there was a problem in London, my son's phone is now working as is my mine without doing any updates etc. I have also heard from some of my friends who have also experienced similar problems, except they were on EE.
    All is well, as they say, now.

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    10-21-15 06:05 AM
    Thank you all for your suggestions. It appears that there was a problem in London, my son's phone is now working as is my mine without doing any updates etc. I have also heard from some of my friends who have also experienced similar problems, except they were on EE.
    All is well, as they say, now.
    Good to hear, Tracey. Well, the part that it wasn't anything with the phones. The part about London having a multi-carrier issue: not so much. That's a bit scary, to be honest.
    10-21-15 11:46 AM