Am I the only one that experiences this bug on the passport. Open the calls log, hit call on a contact and then minimise and close the active frame and the call will still go through. Kinda annoying since atleast twice I've accidentally had calls go through because I pressed call a contact and I closed the active frame to try stop it going through

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 05:47 AM
    I don't see the bug, you've told the device to dial the number so it's dialling. If you made a mistake or change your mind then just hang up.
    06-01-15 06:02 AM
    Bug? Because it calls the number you told it to? Okay......

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    06-01-15 06:30 AM
    It's a bug because when u press call it doesn't go to the calling screen and then when u shut down the active frame, the call eventually connects and goes through. If u shut the frame down then the call should not go through! It is clearly a bug. Ur telling the phone to close the frame and terminate any actions that are involved with the frame. If I close the music frame then my music stops. Same principle

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 09:51 AM
    It's a bug because when u press call it doesn't go to the calling screen and then when u shut down the active frame, the call eventually connects and goes through. If u shut the frame down then the call should not go through! It is clearly a bug. Ur telling the phone to close the frame and terminate any actions that are involved with the frame. If I close the music frame then my music stops. Same principle

Posted via CB10
    I understand your point, but my guess is that the active frame is the "dialer" app, the call is still connecting because it's associated with the phone system process, not with the dialer app, using your principle closing the dialer app frame will end in the phone not receiving more calls.
    06-01-15 11:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    You do realize that the call app HAS to be headless by default right?? Suppose you apply that principle of yours and assume that the phone has terminated the call app, how do you then expect to receive calls? Then your next post would be "I should be able to receive calls even if the function is terminated because that is the basic thing a phone does!!!"
    06-01-15 11:52 AM
    Because closing the app should interrupt the call and stop it. The thing is even if it isn't a bug, the call will go through when it is not the intention

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 12:13 PM
    It's not a bug. You were just like me learning the functions of the phone. I used to freak out when I closed the window and the phone was still active. But the phone is not an app. The phone is a function, the original reason we have a phone in the first place. You have to actually hang up the phone to stop it. You will notice if you minimize the phone screen a small green window on the top of your screen. Sometimes when I'm on the phone I need to open a few apps to get info. How horrible would it be if I were closing these apps while on a call and I closed the phone window and hungup on someone. That little green box out of the way of being accidently closed is the phone. Just touch it and your phone screen opens back up.
    hasa77 likes this.
    06-01-15 01:20 PM
    But I'm curious why would you hit call and then hang up?
    06-01-15 01:24 PM
    But I'm curious why would you hit call and then hang up?
    Because occasionally my finger has pressed call on my call log but I dont want the call to go through
    06-01-15 01:36 PM
    I used to do that too. I just takes time for adjustments to a new type of phone. Every phone has their quirks. When I used to accidently make that phantom call I would swipe up to minimize the screen then close the window in hopes of it hanging up. I would do this before the window would fully open. Now I learned not to panic and let the window fully open so I can hang up properly.
    06-01-15 01:51 PM
    Yes you are right, I will have to get used to it. Owned my passport for around 4 months months now!
    I used to do that too. I just takes time for adjustments to a new type of phone. Every phone has their quirks. When I used to accidently make that phantom call I would swipe up to minimize the screen then close the window in hopes of it hanging up. I would do this before the window would fully open. Now I learned not to panic and let the window fully open so I can hang up properly.
    06-01-15 03:00 PM
    Now I'm curious, how other OS manage this? If you close the dialer app the call ends?
    06-01-15 03:35 PM
    Now I'm curious, how other OS manage this? If you close the dialer app the call ends?
    Doubt it!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 06:12 AM
    No it doesn't. Closing the Dialer App is not synonymous to hanging up the call. And this goes for all OS (WP, IOS and Android). I think what makes it confusing for the OP is because it's easy to see the active frame of the dialer/phone app compared to the other OS. In the other OS you need to double tap or hold home/windows icon button before you see the list.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 07:18 AM
    I prefer the current behavior. Having the call disconnect if you shut the dialer would be worse when you fatfinger the x when on a call. A setting to alter preferred behavior would be ideal.
    I've done accidental dials, and hitting 'end call' works.

Posted on my Passport to the future
    06-02-15 07:35 AM
    The thread title said 'Calling bug'... I thought, the OP was trying to call a 'bug'...

Seriously, that is one disadvantage of having more RAM i.e. the chances of continuously running in the background even the application has been already closed is likely to happen. It is like the 'unwanted message' that you've mistakenly sent and wanted to retrieve immediately but you already pushed that 'SEND' button...

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 07:43 AM
    Calling it a bug would mean it wasn't working as envisioned. This is a design choice and, I think, the right one.

I have also dialed by mistake and when that happens I just wait for the dialing app to show the end call button and hit that.

Time to change how you did o this because you will continue to be frustrated by continuing to go down this path.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч Passport Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 Sachesi upgraded to 10.3.1.2744
    06-02-15 08:23 AM
    No it doesn't. Closing the Dialer App is not synonymous to hanging up the call. And this goes for all OS (WP, IOS and Android). I think what makes it confusing for the OP is because it's easy to see the active frame of the dialer/phone app compared to the other OS. In the other OS you need to double tap or hold home/windows icon button before you see the list.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, and for me it's the expected behavior, closing the dialer should not affect the ongoing call.
    06-02-15 10:31 AM