Hello everyone,

I haven't been much of a e-calendar person until I got my Passport. Everything works well until I travel to a different time zone. I believe my appointments shift when my phone updates to the current time zone.

For example, I set up a 1pm New York meeting when I'm in California. When I get to New York my meeting is pushed forward 3 hours to 4pm. This happens automatically and without any alerts. As you can see this can be problematic especially with a busy travel itinerary.

I tried searching and didn't come up with anything substantial. Taking off the auto time zone is not much of an option since I need the local time. Am I overlooking a simple fix within my calendar settings? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
    08-28-15 08:46 PM
    You get an alert /notification in the Hub telling you the time zone has changed. Calendar will give you your appointments in the local time where you are at that moment. Don't think there is a way to disable that without turning off automatic time zone update.

 RED Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telus
    08-28-15 09:28 PM
    I was curious about this and found an old link dealing with how BlackBerry handles times: http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...e-zones-46190/ . The point is that when we make an appointment (and we are traveling to another time zone) we should enter the time zone for where the appointment is. Using BB10, if I create a new appointment, then click on the time section (where you can set the start, end, repeat schedule, etc), there is an option on the bottom called "Add Time Zone Preview". This appears to be where I can say what time zone the meeting will be in so BB will present it correctly when I'm in that time zone. Not planning to travel anytime soon, so I can't test this. But I would look into this a bit more the next time you travel.
    09-01-15 01:04 PM
    Mmmm... interesting... I will check on this the next time I change time zone... thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 03:11 PM
    I was curious about this and found an old link dealing with how BlackBerry handles times: http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...e-zones-46190/ . The point is that when we make an appointment (and we are traveling to another time zone) we should enter the time zone for where the appointment is. Using BB10, if I create a new appointment, then click on the time section (where you can set the start, end, repeat schedule, etc), there is an option on the bottom called "Add Time Zone Preview". This appears to be where I can say what time zone the meeting will be in so BB will present it correctly when I'm in that time zone. Not planning to travel anytime soon, so I can't test this. But I would look into this a bit more the next time you travel.
    This ! It works exactly like that, when you create the appointment you have to select the time zone where the appointment will take place.
    I am traveling a lot and works always, never missed any !

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    09-01-15 08:32 PM
    Exactly. You need to set meeting times to be correct in the time zone where the meeting will occur. The phone automatically updates the time to the local time when you are travelling. Works great. I travel a lot and as long as you preview the zone when entering the meeting it works exactly as you would want. Great for regular travellers

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 08:33 PM
    Thanks for this. I just returned from my California trip with a few close calls when it comes to scheduling. I'll look into this and I'll keep everyone posted since I'll be in Seattle in two weeks.
    09-03-15 12:57 AM