So any calendar appointment I made on my phone pre-daylight savings time is now out an hour with the switch to DST. Anyone know what causes this? The calendar is a synced one from our Exchange server (ActiveSync).

Running Passport 10.3.1.1581 (OTA from my carrier).

So frustrating. But, loving the Passport!
    03-09-15 09:19 PM
    I have run into this issue as well. Any local entries I made pre CDT were set to Saskatchewan TZ and were out an hour. If I edit the entries today, I can change the TZ from Sask to Central and they correct themselves. I also had a subscribed calendar entry on the day of the time change that was out by an hour. Funny thing is, on the sub'd entry, it was originally showing me the wrong time an once CDT kicked in, the time was correct.

This is not the first time. I had the same issue last year when going from CST to CDT. I really think, in my case, it has something to do with the carriers in Manitoba setting my TZ to Sask rather than CST during the standard time months.

I am thinking I'll open a ticket with BB support tomorrow...
    03-09-15 11:07 PM
    Let me know how that works out. It sure is frustrating. My wife doesn't seem to have this issue with her iPhone (Rogers), but myself and all my partners at work have the issue (BlackBerries on MTS).
    03-10-15 12:07 AM
    Interesting. My wife is on mts and I'm on Rogers. Both have the issue.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed30. Find me on Twitter @jeffgerard
    03-10-15 12:16 AM
    Both with BB's?
    03-10-15 12:21 AM
    Yes. Z30 and Z10. As I mentioned if I edit one of these hosed entries you see the tz is set to Saskatchewan. Simply change to central and time is fixed. So if you're saying a Rogers iPhone in MB doesn't see the issue then it's likely something with how BlackBerry interprets the tz here.

03-10-15 12:26 AM
    I'll double check with her, but that's my understanding.
    03-10-15 12:27 AM
    So this is what they said...
    Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

It has been seen previously issues between time zones where one has daylight savings time and the neighboring one does not. Specifically central and Saskatchewan it has been seen that devices have switched between the two time zones. Time zone is determined by the signal being received and not the device itself.

If devices have been switching time zones during the part of the year that the two time zones have the same time it may not have been noticed. In this case some calendar entries may have been created in one time zone and some in the other. Once DST starts this could cause a time discrepancy.

I wouold suggest that auto time zone could be turned off and set manually. This would prevent entries being unintentionally created under a different time zone.

This however would not correct the entries that are showing off by an hour. These would require manual correction.

Automatic time zone can be disabled and set manually by going to settings > Date and Time.
    Although I understand the logic, I don't necessarily agree. I am 99.999% positive that I have changed my TZ from Sask to Central during standard time months as I noticed it was wrong. The device would then automatically set me back to Sask which explains why the calendar entries get screwed up.

So is this a carrier issue or a device issue? I don't know...waiting for their reply tho.
    03-11-15 10:57 AM
    Seems really odd, whatever the case. So either MTS does not understand how to tell my phone it's in Manitoba, not Saskatchewan, or the device doesn't know how to interpret a basic location issue.
    03-11-15 11:36 PM
    I think it's a device issue. I have same problem in Rogers in Winnipeg but mts and Rogers share towers so that could explain the similarity. But if an iPhone user on Rogers does not experience same then it makes me really curious as to the difference.

That being said, I wouldn't put it past mts to hand out Saskatchewan as the time zone. They do have a serious lack of technical skills when it comes to mobility.

03-12-15 09:20 AM
    I had the same problem too. Rogers in Manitoba. It was driving me nuts. I went and check all my email accounts and made sure they were on the correct time zone. Eventually I just gave up, deleted the original event and re added. Problem solved. Hopefully we don't have to deal with this in the fall again...

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport. Follow me on Twitter @BlaisKL
    03-12-15 10:43 AM
    I had the same problem too. Rogers in Manitoba. It was driving me nuts. I went and check all my email accounts and made sure they were on the correct time zone. Eventually I just gave up, deleted the original event and re added. Problem solved. Hopefully we don't have to deal with this in the fall again...

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport. Follow me on Twitter @BlaisKL
    I'm quite certain it only happens when going from standard to daylight savings. I think the issue is the device is getting Sask as the TZ rather than CST from the MTS / Rogers towers. If know for fact I have seen Sask as my TZ then if I change to Central with auto TZ enabled, it switches back to Sask.

BB is still looking at it for me...sent them device logs but not sure if that will help seeing as it's almost a week ago now.
    03-12-15 05:22 PM
    It is definitely the time change... when it first happened to me in the fall of 2013 I thought I was looking my mind and could not believe I was wrong on a few appointment times in a row. Then I figured it out.

This whole situation drives me NUTS! I have had numerous appointments since getting my z10 2 years ago on MTS which have shifted an hour after DST change. Who changes their timezone when they are not traveling?!

Darn winter MTS Rogers Saskatchewan time... I never remember to set a different appointment timezone time in Feb for an appointment in April. I can't imagine how my boss feels.

If my work depended on my calendar my BlackBerry would be tossed out the window with vigor. For business this is inexcusable. And BlackBerry should set mts and Rogers straight if it is a network issue and not a phone issue.

I love My blackberry but this ONE item is crazy making.

I cannot understand why the towers in Mb cannot use the right timezone time and not switch to a different zone to account for dst and back. Totally lazy.

Fix this already mts Rogers.
    Ug

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    04-07-15 07:43 PM
    I don't think this is a BB issue so much as a carrier issue. I don't have a fruit phone to test on next year but I suspect if the carrier is giving us Sask time instead of CST during the winter months then other devices should have the same issue.
    04-08-15 09:57 PM
    There is another thread the same is happening in the UK.
    04-08-15 10:01 PM