I got my BlackBerry Passport (AT&T) less than a week ago; for the most part, it has worked really well and I think it certainly stacks up with the rest of the competition. However, one issue in particular that has really bothered me is the fact that when I set an appointment using the calendar app, there is no sound or audible notification, once the reminder for that appointment is set to activate. I nearly missed an important appointment because of this. (The reminder does show up on the screen, but there is no sound to accompany it.)

It's important to note that Notifications was set to "Normal".

I have searched the options and settings on the device, and searched for forums to find a solution to this issue; unfortunately, there were none to be found.

Is anyone aware of such an issue? If so, is there a solution? (Possibly one that I may have overlooked?)

Technical details:
    Model: BlackBerry Passport from AT&T (SQW100-3)
    Software Release: 10.3.1.1715
    OS Version: 10.3.1.2480 (yes, I installed the leaked OS version, exactly in the manner that bla1ze had instructed.)

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    03-03-15 03:12 PM
    Update: I set up a test appointment within the calendar app; there was neither any sound nor did the screen flash, at the time the reminder was set to activate. For me, this is definitely a major issue.
    03-03-15 06:53 PM
    I assume you have gone to Settings | Notifications | Normal Profile | Custom App Notifications | calendar. There is where you set the tone and enable it.

You may have already done that. Something else to think about, do you have any apps that override notifications? I had an issue after an update recently that certain notifications did not work. The solution was to remove and reinstall the app. In my case it was an app that controlled the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:38 PM
    This happened to me as well. I'd owned a Z30 that was running a leaked 10.3.1 build. When I got my Passport and restored from the fresh Z30 backup, I experienced this bug.

At that point it occurred to me that I'd been carrying my OS baggage all the way from my Z10 and OS 10.0. I tried everything in profiles and then gave up, backed up, wiped the Passport, and started fresh. It's been perfect ever since.

What are the chances your device/OS history is anything like mine?
    03-03-15 07:59 PM
    I forgot to say: if you find a fix other than wiping the device and starting over, please share. This was a head scratcher for me and I kinda feel like I took the easy way out by starting over.
    03-03-15 08:01 PM
    To the best of my knowledge, I do not have any apps on my device that would override the notifications. Also, it would be a nuisance to perform a wipe of my device and then to restore all the apps and data thereafter. (I make sure to perform 2 or 3 backups when switching between devices or rebooting the OS.)

I'll try using Sachesi to install the .bar installer for the previous version of the calendar app or probably try to restore the original OS that came preloaded with my device, and I'll definitely notify Michael Clewley of this issue (especially if it is resolved upon downgrading the calendar app or OS).

Also, while I transferred all my files and data from the Z10 to the Passport, I did not previously have this issue on my Z10. Unfortunately, I cannot currently confirm whether or not loading the leaked OS caused this issue, since I had not set any reminders while on the preloaded OS. (I upgraded my OS to the leaked version to resolve the screen flickering issue many Passport owners have been experiencing, which greatly hindered my ability to use the camera.)
    Last edited by sj10689; 03-04-15 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Important additional detail
    03-04-15 02:24 AM
    I have the same problem after update my Z10 to OS 10.3.1.1565. In my company there are 3 phones at the moment with the same problem, seems to be a bug.
    No solution 'til now, didn't try to wipe my device and want to avoid it .

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 03:15 AM
    As one of the posters said, did you go to settings, notifications, normal, customize app notifications, select Calendar and enable the sound tab? That's something that is new to 10.3.1 where you can customize your individual settings and LED color and for some reason was turned off by default.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    03-04-15 03:50 AM
    As one of the posters said, did you go to settings, notifications, normal, customize app notifications, select Calendar and enable the sound tab? That's something that is new to 10.3.1 where you can customize your individual settings and LED color and for some reason was turned off by default.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    I forgot to mention this in my previous reply, but I did check these particular settings. Unfortunately, it made no difference in the results, as the sound was enabled in these settings.

I will return shortly, sometime within the next 24 hours, to provide an update on this situation.
    03-04-15 04:49 AM
    I have the same problem. Neither Calander or checked Task pro notifications sound

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:32 AM
    Update:

I deleted my profile, all notifications were deleted and reactivated the profile (BES 10)
    All entries have been written new on the device but notifications in the calender still don' work.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 10:05 AM
    Update: I meant to reply earlier on this issue, but some other business got in the way. Anyway, I tried everything I possibly could to resolve the issue, including setting the calendar notification settings to override the settings for Normal notifications, and downgraded my OS down to 10.3.1.1955 (Software Release 10.3.1.1372) and tried testing the settings again exactly like I did before, in the hopes of resolving this calendar notifications issue. Unfortunately, to no avail.

I certainly appreciate all the input from everyone on this thread, as it helps me to better address this issue to Michael Clewley, to whom I will be sending an email shortly. Hopefully, there is some positive, useful feedback on this soon.
    03-05-15 08:18 PM
    I sent the Email to Michael Clewley; you can see it below:

Calendar notification issue (no sound)-m-clewley-email-20150306235326.jpg

If you have trouble viewing/reading the image of the Email above, click here to download the image.
    coolhorn likes this.
    03-06-15 12:42 AM
    Hi again,

I wiped my device didn't perform a backup to rebuilt it because I read that this doesn' t solved the problem.
    After that I got an 0015 errror and had to reinstall the OS via LINK.
    After reconfiguration of all accounts, tata... it worked. I have been remembered 3 appoints I hope this will stay that way.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 01:04 AM
    Hi again,

I wiped my device didn't perform a backup to rebuilt it because I read that this doesn' t solved the problem.
    After that I got an 0015 errror and had to reinstall the OS via LINK.
    After reconfiguration of all accounts, tata... it worked. I have been remembered 3 appoints I hope this will stay that way.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your input; however, as I have important files/data on my device, it is imperative for me that I perform a backup. Perhaps, I could choose to exclude backing up the settings, but I'm extra cautious when it comes to things like this. Some of these things can be tricky or complicated, so I'll play it by ear for the time being.

However, if I have enough patience or off time to try it, I might consider doing this eventually.
    03-06-15 01:38 AM
    Did you check to see if meeting mode was enabled? I found that was affecting my calendar notifications. I wasn't getting the sound alert for an event because it went into meeting mode silencer at the same time. Once I excluded Calendar from meeting mode it was all good

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 06:39 AM
    Did you check to see if meeting mode was enabled? I found that was affecting my calendar notifications. I wasn't getting the sound alert for an event because it went into meeting mode silencer at the same time. Once I excluded Calendar from meeting mode it was all good

Posted via CB10
    Meeting mode was not enabled; I know for a fact that it was off for the entire time
    03-06-15 03:51 PM
    I got a response from Michael Clewley this morning; it came much quicker than I expected. I am quite impressed.

Calendar notification issue (no sound)-m-clewley-response-201503060819.jpg

If you have trouble viewing/reading the image of the Email above, click here to download the image.
    aha and coolhorn like this.
    03-06-15 03:54 PM
    Thanks for the effort sj10689. I have the same problem and my meeting mode was off too.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    sj10689 likes this.
    03-06-15 04:48 PM
    UPDATE (03/14/2015): I just upgraded my device (BlackBerry Passport) to OS Version 10.3.1.2558 (Software Release 10.3.1.1767), and I have some great news to report - it appears that this OS update has resolved the aforementioned calendar notification issue (audible notification), and I strongly believe that it has also resolved the major issues with the Remember app, regarding audible notification as well as calendar integration. (I have tested this myself.) One minor little pet peeve, however, is that the screen/display still doesn't turn on along with the audible notification. But for the most part, this issue has been resolved.

Here's confirmation that the Remember app's task function has been integrated with the Calendar app (see below):
    Calendar notification issue (no sound)-remember-calendar-slot.jpg

I will refer to this thread on other threads, that involve this or similar issues.

P.S.: I have taken the courtesy of preparing a COMPLETE .zip file of all of the components of BlackBerry Passport OS 10.3.1.2558, which you can download here (via MEGA), so that you can sideload them onto your BlackBerry Passport device via Sachesi. (I believe this is of the non-destructive method.) There are 204 files within the .zip file, which is 1693.2 MB (1.65 GB). For more details on this OS update and/or how to sideload it via Sachesi, visit this thread.
    Last edited by sj10689; 03-14-15 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Important/helpful addendum
    aha and coolhorn like this.
    03-14-15 08:12 PM
    Is this a Task notification or a reminder notification of a task? It does look like a reminder, but just wanted to confirm

UPDATE (03/14/2015): I just upgraded my device (BlackBerry Passport) to OS Version 10.3.1.2558 (Software Release 10.3.1.1767), and I have some great news to report - it appears that this OS update has resolved the aforementioned calendar notification issue (audible notification), and I strongly believe that it has also resolved the major issues with the Remember app, regarding audible notification as well as calendar integration. (I have tested this myself.) One minor little pet peeve, however, is that the screen/display still doesn't turn on along with the audible notification. But for the most part, this issue has been resolved.

Here's confirmation that the Remember app's task function has been integrated with the Calendar app (see below):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Remember calendar slot.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	341213

I will refer to this thread on other threads, that involve this or similar issues.

P.S.: I have taken the courtesy of preparing a COMPLETE .zip file of all of the components of BlackBerry Passport OS 10.3.1.2558, which you can download here (via MEGA), so that you can sideload them onto your BlackBerry Passport device via Sachesi. (I believe this is of the non-destructive method.) There are 204 files within the .zip file, which is 1693.2 MB (1.65 GB). For more details on this OS update and/or how to sideload it via Sachesi, visit this thread.
    03-15-15 09:03 PM
    Is this a Task notification or a reminder notification of a task? It does look like a reminder, but just wanted to confirm
    I suppose it would be the latter (looking back on the notification), as the function within the task that created the notification itself is the "Reminder" function. It was set for a specific time, which was 6:30 PM (as shown).
    03-16-15 12:38 AM
    Fixed in PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    03-16-15 12:19 PM
    Still waiting for the update for the Z10.
    03-21-15 05:31 AM
    I am experiencing this issue as well. I suspect it was working before and just stopped one day, no change in OS version. I am going to try the sideload BS and perform this free of charge to Blackberry. You're welcome yet AGAIN Blackberry.
    05-22-15 01:48 PM
26 12