Ok I'm a bit confused with the calendar settings for the phone. When in the calendar I can select to view on my phone both the local calendar and my gmail one. In most cases, they are identical but I have seen where appointments appear only in the local and not in my gmail. Especially when the appointment is sent from the phone.

Can someone please explain meeting invitation settings and the difference between selecting the local calendar versus my gmail one to send meeting invites from 'this calendar'? What does that mean?

I can only select one either local or my gmail calendar but but not both. I understand if I select my gmail account the meeting will appear in my gmail calendar and be identified as such. It I select local, the drop down menu also selects gmail but it's under the local calendar?? What does this mean?

Help!!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 04:20 AM
    The local calendar, is just the home calendar on your phone, the one that is specific to your device only.
    The local calendar isn't syncing to anything, the entries you make are only on the device. While your Gmail calendar is syncing to your Google account.

So when you send invitations and you want them on your device and in your Gmail calendar, you need to select the Gmail calendar, if you select local, you will only see that appointment on your device

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    12-31-14 06:33 AM
    The local calendar, is just the home calendar on your phone, the one that is specific to your device only.
    The local calendar isn't syncing to anything, the entries you make are only on the device. While your Gmail calendar is syncing to your Google account.

So when you send invitations and you want them on your device and in your Gmail calendar, you need to select the Gmail calendar, if you select local, you will only see that appointment on your device

Thanks.

But am I able to send meeting invitation to others if I select the home calendar only?

What is the benefit of sending and basing my calendar to gmail? I'm guessing this would be a better option if I were to change phones and go with another platform other than BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 11:34 AM
    I personally would suggest not using the 'Home' \ 'Local' at all. Then again, I like everything to sync, I don't see the point of only having the certain Calendar items local.
    12-31-14 12:14 PM
    I personally would suggest not using the 'Home' \ 'Local' at all. Then again, I like everything to sync, I don't see the point of only having the certain Calendar items local.
    Thanks for helping clear up my confusion.

I'll let the next few weeks run out before I switch off the local view.

In the meantime, I will immediate make the switch to sync all events including creating them thru my gmail account.

Cheers,

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 02:53 PM
    I'm using CompanionLink. Does the job syncing local calendar, my gmail calendar and Outlook on my PC. It's great.
    12-31-14 05:37 PM
    Thanks.

But am I able to send meeting invitation to others if I select the home calendar only?

What is the benefit of sending and basing my calendar to gmail? I'm guessing this would be a better option if I were to change phones and go with another platform other than BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Sending invites depends on your default email setup.
    I use it all the time, since I don't need it sync'd to anything, I just need my phone to remind me.
    I'm not a fan of Google, so I barely use it at all, but the sync'd calendar on my Hotmail account.

Actually it's really just a point of preference.
    Do you want all your appointments etc to be accessible over all devices you use or is just having it on your what you need.

01-01-15 07:38 AM