Cable detection failure-img_20150513_000520.png
    Just like my screen shot. Did any of you got this as well? I use the charger and cable that come in the box at first. After a while I got lots of this message. So I decided to change the cable to my old 9780 cable, the issue was gone for a while. Now it's back. Do you guys think it's the connector problem? The cable? Or my charger? I knew the cable and charger it's nott under warranty and it suck. It's only been few months using my passport. If it is device, that's good because I am claiming it due to double type issue anyway. But it says a lot to me about how serious the qc or even the quality of high end BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 12:15 PM
    Try a different charger block or adapter, along with the cable (like you did already).
    Also, make sure you are not plugging into an outlet that is on a dimmer switch......Causes many headaches....
    05-12-15 12:39 PM
    I guess nott many has similar issue. As for the charger block. This the only one I got. I got playbook yellow tip charger, and old 9780 charger which all have cable connected to the block. But I just remember getting this message with my vehicle BlackBerry premium charger as well. So I guess is the connector in my phone I guess.
    Justt a heads up for other user that passport connector is a bit delicate I guess.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 06:12 PM
    I had this problem using a USB four port attachment to the PC. When I plugged into the PC's USB port, it connected okay.
    05-26-15 09:32 PM
    I had this issue the other day on my black Passport, but the phone was charging just fine. Really weird..
    05-27-15 12:45 AM
    I got this problem because of the charging cable. Tried a different cable and it is working fine now. Try to buy a new original cable.

Posted Via : The Beast 'BlackBerry Z10'
    05-27-15 12:54 AM
    I got this problem because of the charging cable. Tried a different cable and it is working fine now. Try to buy a new original cable.

I tried with different cable, it was fine for a while. It come back again after few weeks. Not as often though. Not so sure why.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 01:03 AM
    I had this problem with the original cable / plug that I received. I went to the store, got a new cable (not a new plug). The problem has now re-appeared, plugged into the wall (I reversed the prongs to make sure that it wasn't a polarity problem) and also plugged into the computer's USB port. I'm wondering if it indicates that the micro-USB port on the Z30 is defective?
    06-16-15 08:32 AM
    I just received the replacement due double type. This issue is gone as well with the new replacement. It confirm the problem is with the phone connector not the cable nor charger.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 10:56 AM
    I've started to get this issue as well maybe a week ago now it's every time I'm charge my phone.
    It has to be the connector on the phones end because no matter what cable or block I use I still get the error pop up.

So matter what cable and block combination and outlet location work and home the issue persist.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    11-03-15 05:55 AM
    Try rebooting the phone. I have had it a couple times and a reboot fixed it. Also check for dust or lint in the phone usb port.
    11-03-15 12:31 PM
    It is just a combination of dirt and wear on the connectors. Both the cable and the phone with wear will cause enough of a loss in current to give this message. Nothing you can do with the phone connector but you can give the cable connector a little squeeze with a plier and make it work for a while, but they are never the same! I find this is often accelerated by using the phone while it is plugged in. Also quality connectors will last longer.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 03:01 PM
    Odd, my Passport over the last few days started the same frequent error message popup, on multiple chargers (all BlackBerry products). Unlikely it's just a coincidence if there are several of us getting the same issues all of the sudden.

Anyone else having this issue all the sudden?

Posted via CB10, Mostly from my Passport, occasionally my Z30
    11-03-15 04:36 PM
    Been having this issue for past week or so. Tried a ton of different USB's and still having it more frequently now. Any body else seen this recently?
    06-01-16 10:33 AM
    The passport is to big and heavy for the small connection. Slack is growing. Jiggle the cord slightly and it should stop for the moment. Problem is going to get worse. This phone is not designed to us while connected to a 2' cord. I used an extension cord from wall to help temporarily with that problem.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 11:23 AM
    Buy a brand new cable. And don't share the cable with other device for charging. When the problem came back. Buy another new cable. It's cheap, so I don't mind. That's what I did and it seems to work for me. I use the braided one. That seem to last the longest for me. All this might be due to my habits of using the phone while plugged to the charger, more prone to damaging the cable and connector.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 02:07 PM
    I had the same problem but it has gotten worse to the point that I have to reset/reboot the phone every time I charge it.
    What a pain...

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 06:18 PM

I want ask, how did you made your Sign underline? It looks interesting.

Sorry for this off Topic Question.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    06-04-16 02:00 PM
    I just received the replacement due double type. This issue is gone as well with the new replacement. It confirm the problem is with the phone connector not the cable nor charger.

Posted via CB10
    I got the same Problem before with my other Cables, which are other Brands. But I removed them and plugged them in several times and it worked for me. But just to be sure get a BlackBerry Cable. It's not always the Connector, that is losing...

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    06-04-16 02:04 PM