06-23-19 06:26 PM
30 12
tools
    I have to give up my much beloved Silver Passport in a few days, as I have to jump wagon to Android as most people do these days. I love BB10 but the lack of support and the every day more difficult to perform most tasks has me forced to buy a Nokia 7 Plus device. Unfortunaly I cannot afford to buy a Key2, neither a Key2 Lite which is much inferior, but its a Blackberry. The recession that has hit Greece, where I live, has made it very difficult for people like me to continue living the way we used to 10 years ago, and its not getting any better, but even worse, year after year. That's why i'm going for a mid-range device that has been released one year ago and has now a very deep discount, just 225 euros. Offcourse I will keep my 3 year old Passport which is in perfect condition as a backup phone. Take care.
    04-15-19 11:25 AM
    I have to give up my much beloved Silver Passport in a few days, as I have to jump wagon to Android as most people do these days. I love BB10 but the lack of support and the every day more difficult to perform most tasks has me forced to buy a Nokia 7 Plus device. Unfortunaly I cannot afford to buy a Key2, neither a Key2 Lite which is much inferior, but its a Blackberry. The recession that has hit Greece, where I live, has made it very difficult for people like me to continue living the way we used to 10 years ago, and its not getting any better, but even worse, year after year. That's why i'm going for a mid-range device that has been released one year ago and has now a very deep discount, just 225 euros. Offcourse I will keep my 3 year old Passport which is in perfect condition as a backup phone. Take care.
    Sorry to hear of your and Greece problems. You’re always CrackBerry member and welcome here!!
    Chris Seriotis and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-15-19 11:43 AM
    Might look at selling the Passport... the SE is sorta a collectors item at this point, might help offset the cost of a new phone.
    04-15-19 11:53 AM
    I have thought of selling it, 'cause I could use the money, but i'm so in love with my Passport, so I try to keep it as backup, and turn it on from time to time. but who knows, never say never!
    JaeBB likes this.
    04-15-19 12:08 PM
    Where would you even sell it these days? Who's looking? I've had my Z10, Z30, Passport, and PRIV listed numerous times with zero interest. If anyone knows where I can offload them for a fair price so that they can go to someone who wants to use them instead of lining my desk drawer please let me know. I hate e-waste and this would help reduce that.
    04-15-19 12:18 PM
    The 7+ is a beautiful phone with an excellent CPU | RAM | battery combination. Android one is also a great starring point to build your own customised set up.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-15-19 03:05 PM
    Where would you even sell it these days? Who's looking? I've had my Z10, Z30, Passport, and PRIV listed numerous times with zero interest. If anyone knows where I can offload them for a fair price so that they can go to someone who wants to use them instead of lining my desk drawer please let me know. I hate e-waste and this would help reduce that.
    "fair price" is the issue.... Z10 maybe $25, Z30 $40, Passport OG $100. +/- depending on market your in. I expect most here would just keep them, rather than "give" them away.

The Silver Edition Passport, as a limited edition does demand a higher price... double that of the OG Passport... so might still be "worth" selling.
    04-15-19 03:11 PM
    Ah. I just meant fair price for the buyer. I missed my chance at getting any of my money back because I was too lazy to try selling them. I need my drawer space back though haha. Maybe I'll try selling here.
    04-17-19 08:26 AM
    For the same price as the Nokia, you can also find a used KEYone (silver or even black edition)

As for the Passport SE, DEFINITELY try to sell it while it's still worth something.

Hell, you could probably find a decent used silver KEYone on eBay for the same price.
    04-17-19 09:10 AM
    For the same price as the Nokia, you can also find a used KEYone (silver or even black edition)

As for the Passport SE, DEFINITELY try to sell it while it's still worth something.

Hell, you could probably find a decent used silver KEYone on eBay for the same price.
    I expect he's just looking a specs... as he mentioned the KEY2 LE being "much inferior". So I doubt an older and used KEYone would impresses him much either.

If the keyboard isn't a MUST...
    04-17-19 10:54 AM
    Why is it that if we use blackberry then we don't feel comfortable with other phones. This is my condition now & I am carrying 2 devices, 1 is Android phone & another is my BlackBerry Passport which is again in hand. Can't be able to leave the Passport for week also. Hand On my BlackBerry again.
    04-17-19 12:51 PM
    I expect he's just looking a specs... as he mentioned the KEY2 LE being "much inferior". So I doubt an older and used KEYone would impresses him much either.

If the keyboard isn't a MUST...
    All KEY devices have better specs than the Passport so I don't see the problem there
    04-17-19 03:46 PM
    Why is it that if we use blackberry then we don't feel comfortable with other phones. This is my condition now & I am carrying 2 devices, 1 is Android phone & another is my BlackBerry Passport which is again in hand. Can't be able to leave the Passport for week also. Hand On my BlackBerry again.
    It's probably a treatable condition like OCD, maybe something related. It will be OK eventually.
    04-17-19 04:18 PM
    I have the Nokia 7.1 and it’s a very nice device for a great price. Well made and performs well. You should be happy with your choice.
    Best of luck!
    04-17-19 05:57 PM
    It's difficult to compare an Android One device to BB android. The RAM usage on the Android One version of the OS is minimal for Android and this can be important when one is considering phones with 3GB of RAM.

Other OEM versions of Android OS are loaded with additional processes and baggage and can demand more system resources (RAM).

Posted via CB10
    04-17-19 08:40 PM
    I also did the exact same thing. Left my Passport behind for a Nokia 7 Plus. But then when I got my hands on a Key2 LE, I fell in love. It almost captured the fun and excitement of the Passport again.

The specs are good enough...I do miss the bigger battery and capacitive keyboard but the phone charges fast and looks great. That slate grey is quite attractive for some reason.

If you get a chance or can afford it, try out the LE...it might surprise you.
    the_boon likes this.
    04-18-19 08:42 AM
    Thank you all for your replies and sympathy. I got today my Passport's replacement and have mixed feelings about it. I definitely will keep my BlackBerry it's been 3 1/2 wonderful years with it. I also have thought about the Key2LE but it would cost me to much, I can't afford to spend more than I already have. Let's hope that one day I will be able to own a brand new Blackberry again!
    04-18-19 09:05 AM
    Thank you all for your replies and sympathy. I got today my Passport's replacement and have mixed feelings about it. I definitely will keep my BlackBerry it's been 3 1/2 wonderful years with it. I also have thought about the Key2LE but it would cost me to much, I can't afford to spend more than I already have. Let's hope that one day I will be able to own a brand new Blackberry again!
    The day you get your hands on a KEY phone, you'll wonder why you were typing on glass all this time.

I'd rather buy a used Berry than a brand new piece of glass!
    04-18-19 11:25 AM
    No one is buying any of these devices lol
    the_boon likes this.
    05-07-19 05:49 PM
    I bought a mint condition KeyOne SE on eBay for $150. I use my Passport for backup and it's cool factor.
    05-08-19 01:00 PM
    I bought a mint condition KeyOne SE on eBay for $150. I use my Passport for backup and it's cool factor.
    Maybe I'm being overly picky but I just can't find one cheap enough for my budget and in good enough condition, moment I see one I,ll finally pull the trigger and buy it.
    05-08-19 02:34 PM
    Maybe I'm being overly picky but I just can't find one cheap enough for my budget and in good enough condition, moment I see one I,ll finally pull the trigger and buy it.
    Which phone?
    05-10-19 06:55 PM
    Which phone?
    It was the keyone, a phone I've now purchased but unless I can solve the strange texting issue I have it will be going back.
    05-11-19 12:11 PM
    It was the keyone, a phone I've now purchased but unless I can solve the strange texting issue I have it will be going back.
    Well that was fast. Thought I'd sell you mine.

What's the issue?
    05-11-19 12:14 PM
    Yeah I thought it was time to stop thinking about it & just buy it..
    Unless I'm doing something wrong I can only text or email a certain amount of words, about as many as this reply before the phone will not input any other letters.. I've reset it and updated the software but still no joy?
    05-11-19 12:18 PM
30 12