I love how you guys all talk about how great and valuable BB10 device is until it's money time and then you guys complain about price.

That's another reason BB10 devices and OS failed, everybody wants Cadillac/Lincoln at Chevrolet/Ford pricing.....
    ttopia and anon(2313227) like this.
    10-30-17 01:57 PM
    I love how you guys all talk about how great and valuable BB10 device is until it's money time and then you guys complain about price.

That's another reason BB10 devices and OS failed, everybody wants Cadillac/Lincoln at Chevrolet/Ford pricing.....
    We are talking about what the market price is. It's not the most we would pay. Would you pay an extra $50 for your Priv when you could buy one for less? Would light $50 on fire as a tribute to your Priv?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-17 02:52 PM

This and similar people who hang onto a 8300 and ask why BB is dead.. Apple users upgrade every 1-2 yrs... just because there is a new one... They also make it so flimsy that I guess people need to.
    10-30-17 06:46 PM
    We are talking about what the market price is. It's not the most we would pay. Would you pay an extra $50 for your Priv when you could buy one for less? Would light $50 on fire as a tribute to your Priv?

Posted via CB10
    What PRIV? Those were introduced two years ago. We've had DTEK since then. Now we're on the KEYone and Motion.

My point wasn't really about you quibbling over a piece of used hardware with an uninformed seller according to your opinion. Although, maybe he's willing to hold out for an uninformed buyer with an extra $50 to burn in my opinion. In NYC, $50 isn't much to most people that can afford to play around with relic phones in the collector market.

I was saying like the poster above, the remaining BB fans that stayed around post-2013 weren't the kind of customers that any business needs since primary consideration always started with price.

I'm not saying that BB deserved business just because they're BB. I'm saying that BB fans need only to look in mirror at their own buying logic to understand why BB left hardware. More people here talk about buying old devices in the bargain racks at below cost prices and can't believe that BB didn't stay in hardware business.

No device company benefits when people don't buy new products and provide new profits. I'm not saying device manufacturers are entitled to unearned profits. I'm merely pointing out why it's so funny, to lament that BB left hardware, as if those customers, on used devices, are entitled to BBAndroid, BB10 and BBOS still being supported for these devices for which their money has been spent long ago on the corporate light bill.

It's like watching kids argue which food tastes better on the $1 menu. I tell my kids not to expect much, when you're only paying $1. I tell my SO not to complain about limited staff when the family meal is under $20. I mean the whole reason we stopped to eat as we left the grocery store, is we don't want to cook and figure it's cheap enough for now...
    10-31-17 09:47 AM
29 12