Hello! Is it safe and so buying A BB passport as of 2016? I really like everything about the phone, and I even think I can live without all the great apps. Although, as many say the company is dying, I just dont know if it is safe/ or smart to buy one.

Appreciate your opinion, really dont like android and especially despise iphone.

Thx in advance

Roger
    04-06-16 11:32 AM
    The last two years before it's shutting down--IF it gets shut down, that is, will be the point where ALL BB10s (and BBOS) becomes the most secure devices on the planet. Even if it lives on it will remain the most secure and productive mobile platform. Why? Well, if there's not many people using it and apps are scarce, there's not much point for those hackers to waste their resources, for start. Not to mention the system itself is already the toughest nut to crack--short of BB gives the key themselves in light of National security or whatever.

I'm gonna get a Windows phone two years from now, but still be keeping my OG for all of my critical emails, communications, writings, schedules and bank app (can't trust other platform for this--most especially android). Basically just be using other platform for apps I need but don't actually want. I'll even get another BB10 should my current one is broken.
    04-06-16 12:55 PM
    Hello! Is it safe and so buying A BB passport as of 2016? I really like everything about the phone, and I even think I can live without all the great apps. Although, as many say the company is dying, I just dont know if it is safe/ or smart to buy one.

Appreciate your opinion, really dont like android and especially despise iphone.

Thx in advance

Roger
    I would say no. Whatsapp is ending support before the end of this year and Facebook doesn't exist.
    Apps don't get updates and there aren't a lot of them. Android apps don't work flawlessly.
    If you don't have a problem with apps then get one. BB10 is probably gonna die in 1 or 2 years time. There's nothing left on it. So it's your call
    Try the PRIV. It's android powered by BlackBerry. You might like it. Who knows?
    Majority of them are satisfied.
    Or
    You could go to Windows Phone 10 then.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 03:22 PM
    It all depends on what you will be using mostly for. For me it is a great smartphone even if so many apps are not available. I am using mostly for work and for me the important features are not necessarily the apps but the built in features (calendar, hub, search features, etc) as well as the integration between them.

Posted on my awesome Passport
    kbalaz likes this.
    04-07-16 07:31 PM
    Snap is fine.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 07:38 PM
    I have yet to hear of any Passport turning on the user. I have seen many Siri videos on YouTube that gave me caution though

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 07:46 PM
    Just bought one last month. No regrets.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 07:54 PM
    Security by obscurity is a bit of a stretch. As long as valuable companies and governments it will be a target.

But for a consumer, and I speak from experience as someone who just stupidly invested in a Passport SE, I would recommend against investing in the BB10 platform. BlackBerry 10 is being abandoned by app makers and social networks left and right (Facebook? Gone. WhatsApp? Gone. Twitter? Probably gone soon). If you want to buy a BlackBerry, buy a Priv or wait for the Vienna to be released. Sad, because I agree that BlackBerry 10 is a superior product, but that never matters in tech. Remember OS/2? How about Nortel? Marketing is key, and why Apple is the most valuable company on Earth.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 07:54 PM

Thx in advance

Roger

hi Roger i bought one for about a month now i think its safe to say that its really a Good phone im a kind of person that moves from one phone to another but Blackberry is the only phone makes more productive as ever. im not saying this just for you to get one but im saying this because its true. the email and calendar integration works awesome. the hub is the best way to look at your notifications the built quality is phenomenal. if you are worried if its dying or not no one can tell. but as far as my experience with the phone this rocks. though i have to be honest, i was kinda disappointed with the MAPS that they offer but then its better than nothing. not as comprehensive as google maps but still works fine.
    04-08-16 02:25 AM
    I am worrying about BB 10 is going to die as well. But I like my BB Passport SE so much. I thought I will not change to the others at least 1-2 years. By the way, I also have iPhone 5s for apps

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 03:18 AM
    If you like the phone and the app gap doesn't bother you, get it. Maybe BB10 support ends in a year or two, maybe it doesn't. How long do you keep a phone for anyway? A year or two? Even if updates end tomorrow, it will be a perfectly usable device for that time.

I'm finding it impossible to pick up a passport on ebay at my budget which is mad when you think some of these devices are heading for two years old now! This tells me that, while passports may change hands, the number of passport users isn't really declining anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 03:41 AM
    It isn't safe at all - I bought a BlackBerry Passport last week, it transformed into a 100ft mechanical killing machine and rampaged through the city like Godzilla. It took out 10,000 troops and an aircraft carrier before it was finally brought down with a tactical nuclear strike.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 04:21 AM
    I love my Passport. Wouldn't give it up even if mine dies. I'd replace it.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 06:42 AM
    It wasn't the troops or the planes or the aircraft carrier...twas beauty that killed the beast!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 06:43 AM
    I am a heavy user and only my Passport from BlackBerry is keep up with my busy demands. The thing is a productivity beast as well as consistently displaying the best sound quality over both Apple and Samsung devices. I have dropped it into my turtle pond but the thing still haven't missed a beat. For the price of a premium telephone to be less than $700 is almost unheard of in today's tech market. This phone is like a small computer as well as having the best telephone call quality probably every in a smartphone. Don't forget this phone is built for people desiring a device that forces them to use both sides of their brain. You just received an excellent smartphone at an excellent price. Goodluck with your new BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 08:16 AM
    Its a great device. Don't listen to the nay sayers. It all depends what you want out of your phone. Facebook using the browser works great, it was better than the app from the beginning, there is also Face10 if you want HUB integration. Twitter is still working, if they stop, well there is Blaq which works very well. People seem to think that if they stop updating a device or supporting the OS that the phone will just stop working. I could care less if there is another update, what is left to bring really. Everything I use it for in a day it does extremely well. Bang for the buck I would jump on it. I personally am picking up another one as soon as I can. I get them used, run an autoloader to clean it out and refresh it and back to new we go.
    04-08-16 08:30 AM

Thx in advance

Roger
    Dude, you must have every BB10 phone. You have a different problem everyday. I thought you just bought a Passport.

BlackBerry Passport Sliver Edition
    04-08-16 08:32 AM
    Dude, you must have every BB10 phone. You have a different problem everyday. I thought you just bought a Passport.

BlackBerry Passport Sliver Edition
    LOL. Crackberry Question is not one person.... it's many ....

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 08:58 AM
    LOL. Crackberry Question is not one person.... it's many ....

Posted via CB10
    Yes a definite personality disorder

Posted via CB10
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    04-08-16 09:57 AM