Hi,
    I am considering buying a brand new sealed passport from eBay. He is a respected member. But my question is what if the brand new sealed passport has some physical defect? Who can I return the ph for replacement? The seller stated no return.

will blackberry accept return for a new set?

Thanks,
    Anthony
    10-22-14 03:25 PM
    My guess would be maybe (@90% confidence), as long as it has NEVER been activated with a BB I.D. Still sealed, when you activate it and setup you BB ID, if you have an issue, hopefully BB looks at the activation date stamp for warranty eligibility......
    The only Baby Ruth in the pool is the lack of the original purchase receipt
    My guess.
    10-22-14 03:31 PM
    The seller should be the one you return the faulty device to as the warranty is with him. BlackBerry may deal with u if it is faulty but to be honest, I wouldn't buy a phone from ebay...too many idiots out there.

You are better buying it from shopblackberry or amazon or any other reputable online store.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 05:15 PM
    I buy and sell Blackberry phones on Ebay somewhat regularly. As long as the seller has a good rating and a return policy you should be fine. I'd buy one if the price was right, heck, even if the price was high I'd still get one. This phone is incredible.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    10-22-14 08:41 PM
    I bought a defective BlackBerry from eBay. The seller said no returns, however, as the phone was listed as BNIB In box and working, I was able to return it as Item Not As Described. He had a nearly perfect rating but was absolutely horrible to deal with. He actually phoned and screamed at me twice, accused me of trying to rip him off and threatened to call me on the phone I was retuning as soon as he received it. ( He didn't call, guess he couldn't get it to work either)

I was very grateful to be protected by PayPal. I'm ashamed to admit I was too frightened of being further harassed on the phone to leave him the rating he deserved.

My advice, while I'm sure people buy and sell perfectly good phones on eBay all the time, don't do it if you're not totally comfortable with it. If you do, ask lots of questions, get your answers in writing through official ebay channels. Protect yourself before you proceed.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 09:10 PM
    Thanks for all the input and advice.
    I think I will try to find a seller on this forum or maybe just wait for a while for it to be in stock.
    10-22-14 11:25 PM
    hello there, i sent you a PM...
    10-22-14 11:29 PM
    Simple ebay buyer protection covers you from faulty devices. Seller has no choice but to take it back.

Most warranties are transferable and they don't ask for a receipt but will look up the "born on date" to calculate the age of the unit.

Source: me

Posted via Passport~!
    10-22-14 11:29 PM
    Noticed quite a few BlackBerry Passports on Ebay lately and they are NOT cheap. Bit of a rip off really. I'm happy with my Q10 until the hype dies down and the price becomes less "lack of supply" driven.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:28 AM
    I have been on ebay as a seller for over 14 years and have never had any problems with phone's or merchandise I have sold. I Try and describe the item as best as I can, but it should not be a sellers responsibility to warranty the device after the return period the seller provides to the buyer.

That's up to the manufacture and is one of the reasons why I'm almost given up selling phones on eBay anymore. Pay Pal has changed the rules so much that a favors the buyer and not the seller which is wrong. Then when a buyer has an issue that might not be your fault, they file a complaint and your pay pal account gets frozen, which is total BS.

That is why the Apple iPhone has such a high resale value because the warranty is on the device and not the person or the carrier you bought it from like BlackBerry. BlackBerry needs to modify their warranty policy so it's more in line with their largest competitor, Apple. Then folks would not be so apprehensive about buying a used one.

Posted from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    10-24-14 10:37 AM