Even though my Passport is already a few days old and, as with every new phone, I checked it for any problems after unboxing and haven't noticed any issues at all. Until yesterday evening, were I noticed the steel frame has a minor bump on the top of my device. It's only barely noticeable and you can only see it from a few specific angles or when sliding the finger over it. The bump is right above the speaker, right of the headphone jack and left to the power button.

Anybody else seen something like this? Usually I might thinking of claiming warranty and easily return it for another unit, but looking at the poor availability it might take a week or two (maybe even longer!) for getting a new unit.
    10-12-14 03:15 AM
    Mine is flawless. Sorry you have issues.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    10-12-14 04:09 AM
    Even though my Passport is already a few days old and, as with every new phone, I checked it for any problems after unboxing and haven't noticed any issues at all. Until yesterday evening, were I noticed the steel frame has a minor bump on the top of my device. It's only barely noticeable and you can only see it from a few specific angles or when sliding the finger over it. The bump is right above the speaker, right of the headphone jack and left to the power button.

Anybody else seen something like this? Usually I might thinking of claiming warranty and easily return it for another unit, but looking at the poor availability it might take a week or two (maybe even longer!) for getting a new unit.
    Any pics?
    10-12-14 04:35 AM
    Mine is okay

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 04:43 AM
    Mine has a little mark on the bottom corner but it is so small I just ignore it

But if it was very noticeable I would have definitely exchanged for another
    10-12-14 04:45 AM
    Just exchange it or you're I'll go crazy always knowing that it's there.

There's no reason to settle for that.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:04 AM
    Perhaps YOU caused it in the few days using it, especially since you just noticed it?

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    Calimero1987 likes this.
    10-12-14 05:26 AM
    I highly doubt it, the device never dropped, there are no scratches and it has always been carried in large spaced pockets of my jackets. Anyways, here is a pic, hard to see but you can see the silver stripe of the bezel sticking out slightly right above the speaker.
    Bump in steel frame on my Passport-wp_20141012_12_34_04_pro.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:55 AM
    No bump, but I find that the soft-back material on the Passport scratches super easily - was using the BB hard-shell case originally, but it doesn't protect the thin strip of soft-backing above the top speaker and this area quickly scratched quite a bit. Have since started using an Avoca case that they had at the Telus store which covers all sides of the phone more or less. It's not as visually appealing as it also covers the metal sides, but it seems to offer far better protection.
    10-12-14 06:02 AM
    Wow.

You'd think the stainless steel would hold up a little better.

I guess you either bite it for the few weeks, or wait until the bezel's start showing up for after market replacement.

I paid cash for mind in-store. I went over it with a fine tooth comb.

I would get a new one, cause like the other guy said, it'll drive you crazy like a bubble in the wallpaper.

Passport || Fido
    10-12-14 06:28 AM
    Wow.

You'd think the stainless steel would hold up a little better.

I guess you either bite it for the few weeks, or wait until the bezel's start showing up for after market replacement.

I paid cash for mind in-store. I went over it with a fine tooth comb.

I would get a new one, cause like the other guy said, it'll drive you crazy like a bubble in the wallpaper.

Passport || Fido
    Not everyone is OCD. Just saying. Also, the "bezel" is much less a bezel and much more part of the structural frame of the device. It won't be an easy or cheap part to replace.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:39 AM
    It's not much of an issue to calm everybody down, stuff like this can happen and it depends on whether the buyer, in this case me, would settle with a minor cosmetic issue or not. You barely notice it and it doesn't cause any problems at all. I know people who bought and send back the their iphone 5 multiple times because it had cosmetical problems like scratches, discoloration or slight bumps like my PP does. And that with Apples flagship device. Interesting to know though this seems like an uncommon problem, so I might end up issueing a return next week.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 01:27 PM
    Never would have notice it. Looks like mine have a slight bum, now that you pointed out. Only looking at it very, very closely at just the right angle. It is about 1/3 of what yours have on your photo. Not enough of a concern for me.
    10-12-14 01:44 PM