I've been owning my PP for several months by now. Recently though I noticed that if I'm typing too fast and use the Shift key (soft pressing on the vkb) it doesn't only capitalize the first letter, it keeps doing so until I hit the second letter. Means most of my words often look like this when typing really quickly: FOod or NIce. First I thought it must be the screen because there may be some dirt on it or something. Then I cleaned it and did a hw reset. Both didn't work. It rather seems like one of the keyboards (shift on vkb or letters on pkb) isn't responding fast enough to each others function idk. Is this intended?
    Last edited by xKingHopy; 03-30-16 at 10:15 AM.
    03-30-16 10:03 AM
    Maybe you hold shift too long? I have noticed the keyboard is a bit slow to react when typing two letters sequentially but never with the shift key.

You could try an os reload and start fresh
    03-30-16 10:27 AM
    Maybe you hold shift too long? I have noticed the keyboard is a bit slow to react when typing two letters sequentially but never with the shift key.

You could try an os reload and start fresh
    I'm just soft pressing it, that's not even a split of a second.
    Or do we have to wait half a second to start typing after activating the Shift key? If that's the case then it's working as intended but it really feels slow to me.
    03-30-16 10:34 AM
    If you long press on a letter it capitalises it so no need for shift (unless you want to)

Posted via my Black Passport
    David Tyler likes this.
    03-30-16 11:11 AM
    If you long press on a letter it capitalises it so no need for shift (unless you want to)

even though it's not a fix to my problem, this solution is so much better.
    Actually hate not having a shift button on my pkb and have to use the vkb everytime I want to capitalize something.
    Long pressing to capitalize a letter feels so much better, need to get used it though haha. Thanks!
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    03-30-16 11:14 AM
    Check this out! BlackBerry Passport keyboard tips! http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965730

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 11:25 AM
    even though it's not a fix to my problem, this solution is so much better.
    Actually hate not having a shift button on my pkb and have to use the vkb everytime I want to capitalize something.
    Long pressing to capitalize a letter feels so much better, need to get used it though haha. Thanks!
    Wow, I feel bad that you didn't know about this. I guess you were either an iPhone user or something with a prehistoric virtual keyboard! Definitely check out the tips for keyboard shortcuts, it will blow your mind.
    04-16-16 11:10 AM
    I was reading wondering where the shift key even was. Long press is just so second nature after owning so many pkb's. Now that you know and get in the habit, you will be broken and will try doing it on a computer keyboard. Happens to me all the time.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 07:07 PM
    I was reading wondering where the shift key even was. Long press is just so second nature after owning so many pkb's. Now that you know and get in the habit, you will be broken and will try doing it on a computer keyboard. Happens to me all the time.

Posted via CB10
    Ever found yourselves swiping across your computer keyboard when trying to delete some words? Would be a great laugh afterward.

Posted from my Passport
    04-17-16 06:22 AM
    Ever found yourselves swiping across your computer keyboard when trying to delete some words? Would be a great laugh afterward.

Posted from my Passport
    It happens to me from time to time when I'm using my 9900.

04-17-16 06:54 AM
    I experience this as well. I need to wait a second so that the shift reverts back to small letters for the one after the capital.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 04:15 AM

Posted from my Passport
    No, however I have attempted to upswipe my non touchscreen laptop to close a program.

First confusion, then you feel super dumb. Like when someone hands you an old BlackBerry and you almost put your finger through the screen before you realize it's not a touchscreen.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 06:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Haha it's like when I :type on the computer I sometimes expect suggestions or auto correct to pop up on my monitor

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    04-18-16 07:00 PM