Playing around with the PP today. I've noticed that the browser experience does seem to be laggy and inconsistent.
    I can't connect to some sites... just have a white screen and then a network time out issue (I'm using my wifi connection as I don't have a sim card that fits yet).

As an example. If I view crackberry on the PP either on desktop view or mobile view, I can't log in. I can click the "person" icon on the top of the page but it does nothing.
    If I zoom in on the page, the whole of the header icons just merge together into one big mess.
    Is this something to do with the site code writing? and in general, the whole browers seems very slow to respond compared to my z30

Has anyone else noticed this?

I've done a full reset and still the same.
    I've got no email accounts / accounts of any sort except my bb one set up.
    09-25-14 10:25 AM
    I have had these issues in the 10.3 browser from time to time on a z10 (leak)
    I find the browser crashes a lot and the radio is very sensitive. I get worse reception and wifi limited is far too common.
    its likely an OS issue and will be patched out.
    uktivo likes this.
    09-25-14 02:17 PM
    Playing around with the PP today. I've noticed that the browser experience does seem to be laggy and inconsistent.
    I can't connect to some sites... just have a white screen and then a network time out issue (I'm using my wifi connection as I don't have a sim card that fits yet).

As an example. If I view crackberry on the PP either on desktop view or mobile view, I can't log in. I can click the "person" icon on the top of the page but it does nothing.
    If I zoom in on the page, the whole of the header icons just merge together into one big mess.
    Is this something to do with the site code writing? and in general, the whole browers seems very slow to respond compared to my z30

Has anyone else noticed this?

I've done a full reset and still the same.
    I've got no email accounts / accounts of any sort except my bb one set up.
    The test devices were running 10.3.0.6xx which is not the latest .7xx has been launched world wide.

I experienced the same at the passport launch in my country, but when I tested a staff gent's phone with the latest OS the problem had been rectified.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:44 PM
    The test devices were running 10.3.0.6xx which is not the latest .7xx has been launched world wide.

I experienced the same at the passport launch in my country, but when I tested a staff gent's phone with the latest OS the problem had been rectified.

Posted via CB10
    I'm on the 10.3.0.6xx version with no update available

Posted using my FAB Passport. Loving it!
    09-25-14 07:43 PM
    I'm on the 10.3.0.6xx version with no update available

Have you checked the servers?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:32 AM
    Have you checked the servers?

Posted via CB10
    Yep. No update for me
    Browser seems laggy..-img_20140926_141553.png

09-26-14 09:16 AM
    I was having problems with the CrackBerry site on my Z30 when I tried it in the past few days. Sometimes I think this is caused by something to do with the ads being served or pop up ads. My Z30 is on the stock 10.2.1 OS.

I tried a Passport in a Telus store. I had to use the Hotspot on my Q10 to get an internet connection, but the few sites I tried worked well. Keep in mind that the first time you visit a site with a lot of data, it needs to download all this data. The next time a lot will be in the Cache and the site will load quicker. You may also want to turn on flash in case the sites you are going to use Flash.

Posted via CB10
    uktivo likes this.
    09-26-14 09:25 AM
    Unfortunately I am experiencing exactly the same issues.
    Browser is not only laggy.
    Whenever I am listening to musing on the phone and browsing, at the same time, with certain web pages browser becomes very unresponsive, phone seems to be choking on the music..
    I'm loving the phone - its built quality, overall feel of it, great screen, unfortunately browser spoils all the fun for me.
    I have to add that all the other mobile browsers - chrome, safari, ie are handling exactly the same sites without a smallest hiccup.
    09-28-14 08:35 AM
    Side by Side, Web pages open seconds faster on Passport than on Z30.

I haven't seen any lag. It is super quick.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:18 AM
    I wish I could say the same, unfortunately, that is not the case.
    I'm looking at one particular website - when I type in something in search field on the site it takes about 10 seconds before anything appears on the screen. Swiping through the page is also unresponsive and laggy.
    09-28-14 11:58 AM
    Hi
    I also experienced this so much so i went back to a z30. It was not good at opening certain sites such as CEX. I also found tgat Mireo Maps was not smooth and games needing movement did not work such as falldown. Very strange. Fab build but falling short in areas that could not be acceptable im afraid. Real shame. I just wish the classic had the same specs instead of using the q10 specs. Hope for a better bb in 2015.
    01-18-15 12:09 PM