Unfortunately only the stock browser has a smooth trackpad scrolling experience - the most popular browsers (chrome/opera/Firefox/etch), scroll with the trackpad at the speed of light and it's impossible to control. Some less well-known browsers have more responsive scrolling with the trackpad, including Baidu and Maxton.
    10-30-14 02:15 AM
    This is basically what I've been experiencing. Lots of key presses won't register at times, the browser freezes up every now and then, and pages won't load on occasion. Again, all of these issues are fixed if I restart the app, but my tabs are erased in that case and it is not very pleasant.

I'll try chrome though maybe that will do the trick.
    Try Evolution browser from BBW. Fast ain't the word.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    10-30-14 02:27 AM
    This is basically what I've been experiencing. Lots of key presses won't register at times, the browser freezes up every now and then, and pages won't load on occasion. Again, all of these issues are fixed if I restart the app, but my tabs are erased in that case and it is not very pleasant.

In the browser settings, under display and actions, you can set the tabs to be saved when you close and reopen the browser.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 02:44 AM
    Try newest leak 10.3.1.939. Or wait for official release. Improvements over early 10.3

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 02:50 AM
    Try newest leak 10.3.1.939. Or wait for official release. Improvements over early 10.3

Posted via CB10
    Not available for passport

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-30-14 02:57 AM

are you on desktop mode?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 04:23 AM
    Why don't you install Chrome?
    10-30-14 04:54 AM
    Is the browser like that on mobile, WiFi, both?
    10-30-14 05:28 AM
    Is your browsing experience the same using wifi versus your cell data?

I know I have an issue when browsing on my wifi router at home. Many times the Passport browser starts loading the webpage then stops at 99% and doesn't finish rendering the page so all I see is a white screen.

If I hit the "L" to reload then the webpage loads as expected on the second try. I've pinpointed it's something to do with my wifi router because if I turn off wifi and use my cell data the Passport browser never fails. Also I've used it at other wifi locations and it also works fine. Other devices seem to work fine on the same wifi I have at home so I'm not sure what exactly the conflict is.

TL;DR: try browsing on your cell data to see if the browser works as you expect it to. It might be a wifi router conflict.

Love my passport!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 06:01 AM
    Nope. Haven't experienced those issues. Passpprt has been solid so far and with every update, I anticipate it'll just get better as 10.3 matures further.
    10-30-14 06:10 AM
    Did you try crome and if yes how was your experience?

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    10-30-14 06:15 AM
    In the browser settings, under display and actions, you can set the tabs to be saved when you close and reopen the browser.

Posted via CB10
    ^^^This.
    10-30-14 10:18 AM
    I disagree with OP based on Passport rating on Amazon.com. I believe in more people opinion than one person opinion.
    10-30-14 10:54 AM
    Man, maybe I've used bad Android devices because the browsing experience on them (using Chrome, Dolphin, stock android browser) is about as mediocre as I would expect it to be on a mobile device. Progressive loading of webpages, small rendering, flaky text box input, flickering flash rendering sometimes, slow or unresponsive back button and/or virtual keyboard popup.

I mean, even my laptop has these issues occasionally. Guess the OP has been very fortunate in their browsing experience.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 11:11 AM
    There was a similar thread a while back in one of the other forums. I think the user was in IT support and kept many tabs in the browser open at one time. When switching between tabs he was having delays or pages closing. The solution was to not open as many tabs or use third party browsers for some of the tabs, such as Evolution Browser or Secure Browser.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 11:22 AM
    OP, I'm having all the issues you're having with the browser and more, mine will be going back for a refund and reorder (but I'm having hardware issues too) when back in stock again. I just wanted to let you know that the BB10 browser is usually awesome, best I've ever experienced. On my Q10, it was such a pleasure to use the browser and I use my phone extensively for browsing, but on the Passport it has been a real headache, but software updates will probably eventually (hopefully) correct these problems.

You could wait for software updates, or return it for a refund and reorder a new device, which hopefully wouldn't have the same browser issues. Overall, the PP is awesome, if it were me I'd try updating via Sachesi (other CB members can explain) to the newest update, and if that doesn't fix it, then return it and reorder a new device. Good luck.
    10-30-14 12:36 PM
    A simple update may not solve these types of issues. It may really require a full wipe and autoloader update from fresh. Hardware will not cause "browser" issues unless it's related to a faulty touch screen or keyboard. It's not very likely that a CPU or memory module will only partially work (these aren't mechanical components).

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 12:46 PM
    Return it and buy a Note. Simple.
    10-30-14 12:48 PM
    A simple update may not solve these types of issues. It may really require a full wipe and autoloader update from fresh. Hardware will not cause "browser" issues unless it's related to a faulty touch screen or keyboard. It's not very likely that a CPU or memory module will only partially work (these aren't mechanical components).

Posted via CB10
    Ah, ok. Thanks for that info, I didn't know that. Will tuck that tidbit of knowledge away.
    10-30-14 12:58 PM
    Android 5 is great. Only using the preview but it is a serious update. It's like bringing iOS to Android. So you get the fluidity and design iOS touts and the flexibility Android is know for. The security has many updates as well. Check it out.
    10-30-14 03:26 PM
    So far I've only noticed the PP browser stuttering badly on Gawker blogs over wifi. But between the ads and Kinja, I can't guess what might be happening. I haven't activated the PP yet and can't compare cell performance.

Scrolling is okay after the page finally loads, but expanding comments and opening new pages starts the glitchy loads again. I usually read Gawker at my desktop, so no loss avoiding it on my PP.
    10-30-14 06:56 PM
    I'm not trying to convince anyone to change their mind, but I wouldn't be certain their isn't another issue. I use the BB browser a lot and in fact I have three different browsers I use. And I have at least four headless apps and 6 active most of the time. I don't seem to experience the same issues described. Maybe different websites, different technologies used?

But I am very happy with the browser. I have the occasional issue, but I have never used a browser on a PC, Mac, or Linux computer or other phone that didn't have issues. I also use three browsers on my PC and often have 20-60 tabs/windows open often.

I have watched live video feeds and had a dozen tabs open on my Passport, switching between tabs and not had a complete crash yet. Even flash has not crashed permanently.

The BB browser is one of my most used features and the big square screen is awesome. But I would also be upset if it didn't work well and would need to find a solution since I depend on it!

Rockin a Passport with my Awesome Z30! Two great devices are better than 1!
    10-30-14 11:21 PM
    BB10 browser on much older OS's, has proven to be faster than any browser in the competition, so it can only be better this time. Either OP has a problem in the device, or something messy is going on
    10-30-14 11:37 PM
    Odd. The BlackBerry 10 browser is top notch. What sites are you having issues with so some other folks here can try it out?
    This. Bb10 browser is consistently lauded as the best in the biz.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 12:17 AM
    Never have had any browser issues.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 12:19 AM
63 123