Is anybody having issues with their browser crashing repeatedly? Is there any fix out there for this?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-17 09:48 AM
    This, among many other problems, started happening to my passport after the 10.3.3 update.

Not sure how to fix it. Although I did purchase a Xiaomi Redmi 4 pro that may eventually replace my Passport.
    05-04-17 10:17 AM
    The KeyOne can't come fast enough. Can't seem to be able to do anything on this phone without a the browser going all snakey. Can't even access updates because it says there is no server connection? Kind of odd that it took forever to roll out this update but there is still a bug this serious in it.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-17 10:33 AM
    This, among many other problems, started happening to my passport after the 10.3.3 update.
    The native browser on my Passport started crashing out of the blue a couple of weeks ago. But I haven't even received the 10.3.3 update (in UK), so some other reason for me.
    Downloaded free Simple Browser from BlackBerry Store for time being, and hasn't crashed yet...
    05-04-17 12:20 PM
    Depends on the webpage you load. Some work great, other lock up the works. The Dolphin Zero browser works pretty well, and there's always opera

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 02:06 PM
    Polarity is a great alternative Android app. Works great on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 07:34 PM
    I have not had single issue with 10.3.3 on two SE Passports that are used enough to know for sure. Neither had been blitzed or had leaks loaded. Neither using Cobalts google play. NO problem here.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    05-09-17 08:32 AM
    There's no need for an Android browser when you still have the option to use a native bb10 browser from bbw called Browsie Browser. It works fluently.

Posted via my PP SE
    05-09-17 08:46 AM
    There's no need for an Android browser when you still have the option to use a native bb10 browser from bbw called Browsie Browser. It works fluently.

Posted via my PP SE
    Nobody said avoid native apps. Just providing options. I agree that Browsie is great.

Polarity is also great, IMO. Those who actually try it out seem to find it useful. If there is no need for an Android browser, why do people use them on BB10 devices?

I also happen to think the built in browser is great and it works well on my Q10 and Passport with 10.3.3. If it's crashing for someone and the usual clear data/cache steps don't fix it, it's probably time to do a clean reinstall of the OS (via autoloader).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mh1983; 05-09-17 at 03:55 PM.
    05-09-17 01:43 PM
    Nobody said avoid native apps. Just providing options. I agree that Browsie is great.
    I also happen to think the built in browser is great and it works well on my Q10 and Passport with 10.3.3. If it's crashing for someone and the usual clear data/cache steps don't fix it, it's probably time to do a clean reinstall of the OS (via autoloader).

Posted via CB10
    I would agree with you, but my OS is a fairly fresh install via autoloader. And i clear cache and user data at least once a week. There are just some sites that dont play well with the native browser anymore. This will become a problem more and more as time goes on. You can barely use the Symbian Belle browser anymore due to updates in web standards
    05-10-17 09:16 PM
    I downloaded Browsie Browser yesterday to try it out. Same freezing issues.

10.3.3 screwed up my Passport. I also have freezing when texting. There are other issues I've described in another post. Needless to say this is my last BlackBerry.

I ordered a Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro 4. Just waiting for it to arrive. $210 shipped.
    05-11-17 07:58 AM
    I downloaded Browsie Browser yesterday to try it out. Same freezing issues.

10.3.3 screwed up my Passport. I also have freezing when texting. There are other issues I've described in another post. Needless to say this is my last BlackBerry.

I ordered a Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro 4. Just waiting for it to arrive. $210 shipped.
    Well I really think that your device suffered from the update, did you give an autoloader a try and reset your device? This possibly could help.
    I don't experience any freezing though (though I don't know which webpages you are looking up).

Posted via my PP SE
    05-11-17 08:13 AM