Yesterday was the first time I dropped my Passport face down on the pavement. It still works, but the spider cracks on the screen are significant. I've seen durability tests on YouTube where the Passport survived 25-foot drops and even got run over by a car, so I'm disappointed that mine got all these cracks after merely falling out of my pocket while standing up.

I really love this phone, but do you guys think I should buy a bran new Passport? If I do find one new and unopened, do you think the battery will still be good after being shrink wrapped for over 5 years?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-19 09:18 PM
    First of all, do NOT spend $$$ for a brand new Passport when BB10 is only good to go for the next 6 months.

Find a good used one for like $100 tops
    05-19-19 10:21 PM
    First of all, do NOT spend $$$ for a brand new Passport when BB10 is only good to go for the next 6 months.

Find a good used one for like $100 tops
    The only thing we know is that BBW shut down at the end of the year.

So OP if you buy a new or used one, do download all the apps from BBW that you need. And / or make a selective backup of the apps of your old phone with link and restore these to your new one.

If you are little handy battery can quite easily be changed, check youtube.

I think most of Passport users dual carry an android these days, for certain apps needed today.
    05-19-19 10:35 PM
    I don't really download apps from BBW anyways, mostly because not many OS10 apps are useful to me. I just like my Passport for texting, reading emails, and making phone calls. I hope to keep using the Passport for now. Not sure yet if the Key2 is a good replacement.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-19 03:08 AM
    I don't really download apps from BBW anyways, mostly because not many OS10 apps are useful to me. I just like my Passport for texting, reading emails, and making phone calls. I hope to keep using the Passport for now. Not sure yet if the Key2 is a good replacement.

Posted via CB10
    For your basic usage, KEY² is an overkill. Passport should suffice.
    05-20-19 06:40 AM
    Any money spent on BB10 at this point is a waste. KEY2 or KEY2LE if you're still hung up on physical keyboards, or shop around if you're willing to leave the BB fold.
    the_boon and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    05-20-19 08:06 AM
    The only thing we know is that BBW shut down at the end of the year.

So OP if you buy a new or used one, do download all the apps from BBW that you need. And / or make a selective backup of the apps of your old phone with link and restore these to your new one.

If you are little handy battery can quite easily be changed, check youtube.

I think most of Passport users dual carry an android these days, for certain apps needed today.
    We didn't know BBMc was going to shutdown....

Two key players at BlackBerry Mobility are gone with no replacements, they have suddenly kill three Android device Apps... clearly they are cutting cost. I wouldn't bet on them paying any bills to keep BB10 going.
    05-21-19 07:46 AM
    We didn't know BBMc was going to shutdown....

Two key players at BlackBerry Mobility are gone with no replacements, they have suddenly kill three Android device Apps... clearly they are cutting cost. I wouldn't bet on them paying any bills to keep BB10 going.
    With regard to OP:s needs it might not matter so much.
    05-21-19 08:11 AM
    Just buy the phone you want to use, that is what I can suggest. If you want a passport, it is ideal to find a good used/new condition but I wouldn't recommend spending over $100 for it. I got mine for £100 recently this year. It is worth every pound I spent. 98% battery health too and like new.
    mikael11 likes this.
    05-24-19 08:48 AM
    Same happened to me, sold mine here on CB, and mine dropped about 4 inches from the floor and screen cracked (yes I had a tempered glass screen protector- protector was fine however, screen not so much. i was mad lol) along with camera. Check if the camera is ok, if it is then Just fix the screen. there are tutorials on youtube.
    https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...bly-black.html

The price is significant less than the last time I checked.
    05-25-19 06:58 PM