Pretty sure my aux input is broken. I tried the oem earphones and they are not working on my SE passport (I know the earphones work since I tried them on an iphone). My question is: can the aux port be replaced, if so where can I get the part?

If it can't be repaired then at least I got an excuse to get a priv...

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 09:09 PM
    Also I have already tried resetting my device, along with a hard reset.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 09:10 PM
    Also I have already tried resetting my device, along with a hard reset.

Posted via CB10
    When you say not working, do the phones speakers turn off when you plug in the headphones? Or do they continue to play sound?
    11-25-16 12:05 PM
    When you say not working, do the phones speakers turn off when you plug in the headphones? Or do they continue to play sound?
    Sound still works. My phone just doesn't recognize when I connect my headphones (when I change the volume, my media volume is changed instead of headphone volume).

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 02:25 PM
    Sound still works. My phone just doesn't recognize when I connect my headphones (when I change the volume, my media volume is changed instead of headphone volume).

Posted via CB10
    First try an OS reload using Link.
    If that doesnt fix it, than I would assume hardware issue.
    But until then, I assume software issue, because I have had that issue in the past. Where audio would always come thru the phone speakers and would not recognize the headphones being plugged in. I did an OS reload and it was fixed.
    The issue arised from visiting one specific website. I avoided the website and have never had the issue since.
    11-25-16 06:22 PM
    Just finished reloading os and no luck, aux still isn't working.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 10:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    I guess using the BBVE app will just confirm that it is indeed a hardware problem but check inside the port for dust bunnies etc and maybe apply a tiny amount of pure ethyl on a qtip and clean the inside before giving up.
    11-25-16 11:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    It was the OS reload and not just a factory reset?
    Just double checking, because in Link the 2 are a little confusing to distinguish between.
    11-25-16 11:43 PM
    Used BBVE to confirm aux input isn't working. As for cleaning it, my q-tips don't fit...

As for reloading the os I think I did it correctly, but I could be wrong. It was a little strange because when I plugged in my phone, link didn't recognize it being plugged in. It just showed an option on the left with it saying device name (BLACKBERRY- and some numbers and letters) and disconnected.I clicked on it and it gave an option that said reload. I used that option to load the os.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 10:16 AM
    I had the same problem with one or two BB10 fones.
    Can't remember what I did exactly but after fiddling around with the problem it just came right on its own.
    Is the fone new? Was it working prior?
    11-26-16 10:43 AM
    I got the phone in March, so it isn't old.
    It was working before. A little while back I thought my aux cord was broken since sometimes I had to fiddle with it in order to get sound out of my car radio. I ended getting a new one and I sometimes had to fiddle with it. I thought since it was new it just was no biggy, but then I tried to connect my headphones and they weren't working, so that's when I figured out it was the aux input.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 12:00 PM
    What No iPhone jokes...I'm disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 01:15 PM
    Used BBVE to confirm aux input isn't working. As for cleaning it, my q-tips don't fit...

As for reloading the os I think I did it correctly, but I could be wrong. It was a little strange because when I plugged in my phone, link didn't recognize it being plugged in. It just showed an option on the left with it saying device name (BLACKBERRY- and some numbers and letters) and disconnected.I clicked on it and it gave an option that said reload. I used that option to load the os.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure if you reloaded the OS or not properly.

I always go to the upper corner of link. And select, preference or settings, something of that nature. Which than opens a new box/screen. And in there is the correct OS reload option.

From past experience all others are only factory resets, and don't actually fix any issues that the OS may have.
    11-26-16 03:57 PM
    Okay, I reloaded os by going through preferences, but my phone still will not recognize any of my headphones, but the weirdest thing is that I just did a test and for some reason my phone works with an aux cord connected to my radio with it outputing line out volume.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by muches; 11-27-16 at 04:59 PM.
    11-27-16 03:37 PM
    That happened to me recently, on my OG passport.. Eventually I tried inserting a paperclip with a thin cloth moistened with alcohol to clean the inside of the port (after reading about it somewhere). I also noticed that pushing down hard with a 3.5mm jack and somewhat twisting it around made it work.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 05:02 PM
    The contact inside the port may have flattened out due to the plug going in and out all the time. Had the same problem on my red/black Passport. I used a thin stiff paper clip to pull the contact back out and it started working again.

Not an easy job. Requires a little patience and a steady hand, but you can DIY.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 05:45 PM
    Okay, I reloaded os by going through preferences, but my phone still will not recognize any of my headphones, but the weirdest thing is that I just did a test and for some reason my phone works with an aux cord connected to my radio with it outputing line out volume.

Posted via CB10
    If you have 3 ring headphones than it should work just like the aux output. They will not be recognized as headphones by the passport.

If you have 4 ring headphones, also known as headphones with mic, than the phone should recognize them as headphone output.

As one person noted you should be able to visually see in the phones port and see if the contact points are flat and or gone.

Also a tooth pic will clean out any lint in the bottom without causing any damage to the phone.

Once the above is checked out and it still doesn't work than I'd start checking into warranty if you have any left. Or a port replacement.

Good luck with it though.
    Glad to here a proper OS reload was accomplished.
    11-27-16 07:48 PM
    If you have 3 ring headphones than it should work just like the aux output. They will not be recognized as headphones by the passport.

If you have 4 ring headphones, also known as headphones with mic, than the phone should recognize them as headphone output.

As one person noted you should be able to visually see in the phones port and see if the contact points are flat and or gone.

Also a tooth pic will clean out any lint in the bottom without causing any damage to the phone.

Once the above is checked out and it still doesn't work than I'd start checking into warranty if you have any left. Or a port replacement.

Good luck with it though.
    Glad to here a proper OS reload was accomplished.
    Okay, just got my headphones working again. The toothpick worked wonders, I used compressed air but that wasn't able to get anything out, so I thought the aux input was clean, but the toothpick was able to get out plenty of lint. Thanks so much for all the help as well as everyone else that replyed

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    11-28-16 12:59 AM