04-12-15 10:54 AM
109 1234 ...
tools
    I've never looked at Android or IOS phones as smartphones, more like play phones.
    BlackBerry did too, for a while, which is why those platforms ate BBRY's lunch (plus breakfast and dinner) in both the consumer space AND enterprise, and Prem had to go find a "play phone" user to come rescue the company to the tune of 7 figures a year.

Thankfully, BBRY is now more about emulating those "play phones" when necessary versus laughing at them.
    devin266, marty314 and Witmen like this.
    04-02-15 06:09 PM
    There is a lot of modern functionality I can replicate on my Palm T5. Why would I if I don't have to?

We might like to tinker as BB owners, but don't confuse an unwillingness to do so as an indication of being technically inept.
    No, you've completely misunderstood. I was referring to the built-in functionality of BB10 which the iPhone doesn't have. Nothing to do with tinkering.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 06:11 PM
    I don't like to tinker, I'm just willing to so that I don't have to use android or iPhone

Posted via CB10
    I hear ya.

The problem is that there are way too many folks who feel getting things done doesn't allow for that tinkering time. Tough to sell the runtime when there are full featured ecosystems more easily accessible.
    04-02-15 06:12 PM
    He switched from an iPhone to BlackBerry for its HUB because he is too busy to open all the apps with his iPhone for responding to each people. He just doesn't want to acknowledge that BlackBerry HUB is one size fits all and makes his life easier. He afraid the isheep will making fun of him since he is running for something. Now, after with BlackBerry BB10 for awhile he must say to himself thank God I dumped an iPhone for this device so now I don't have to open ten apps just to reply to individual people.
    04-02-15 06:16 PM
    BlackBerry did too, for a while, which is why those platforms ate BBRY's lunch (plus breakfast and dinner) in both the consumer space AND enterprise, and Prem had to go find a "play phone" user to come rescue the company to the tune of 7 figures a year.

Thankfully, BBRY is now more about emulating those "play phones" when necessary versus laughing at them.
    Not to mention the dependence of all those silly "play" apps from the same silly "play" store because the "serious" store is so embarassing.
    04-02-15 06:16 PM
    Yeah all the blackberry fans have to side load Google apps onto their phone.... I don't have time to tinker so I just use the apps that I can find in amazon or horrible BlackBerry world.

I think some people just really love blackberry and never want to leave it which is awesome. I am enjoying the platform but android offers things I love on the galaxy note tablet... being able to run two apps side by side is really nice. I also like the hub on blackberry, I wish blackberry would make an android device.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 06:40 PM
    Doesn't mean he is smart.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 09:06 PM
    At first, before I read the text, I thought "Yeah, I get his point and know what's he gonna talk about" but after reading it, I was left rather baffled. To clarify: When I had an Android a few years back, I was virtually addicted to it. It's nice how much customisation Android has to offer, but I was so busy trying different ROMs, different launchers, widgets, apps and even trying to design my own icons all the time that other stuff suffered. So I actually started to prefer systems which kind of take away such possibilities and instead offer a good and hopefully productive user experience. Like BB10 or Windows Phone does.

Yet he doesn't talk about installing and trying out apps all day long. He also wasn't addicting to change the look of the UI every few hours. He was in fact talking about communication related stuff, something BlackBerry always was very good at. Now I am not a heavy Twitter user, but with the Hub, the native Twitter app and the joy to get a physical keyboard to spread out your words...I am wondering how the BlackBerry is less powerful than his iPhone. IMHO the guy doesn't really have a clue there...

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 03:34 AM
    Factchecker time!

Check Out TechCraze
    04-03-15 03:38 AM
    Damn straight what a bal end

Posted via BBPP
    04-03-15 04:35 AM
    If that's his attitude. I hope he gets nowhere in life. Karma is will bite him back.
    04-03-15 05:05 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry has a great selling point now...

"Do less with BlackBerry 10. Focus more on life."
    04-03-15 05:16 AM
    Why do his comments seem to personally offend so many of you? Why do you feel so compelled to be so loyal to the Blackberry brand that you'd stoop to internet name calling like he had just spit in your mother's face?
    04-03-15 05:19 AM
    Why do his comments seem to personally offend so many of you? Why do you feel so compelled to be so loyal to the Blackberry brand that you'd stoop to internet name calling like he had just spit in your mother's face?

Really?

Because businesses exist to add value to our lives and also to the wider society, people (especially today) rely more and more on their mobile phones and as BlackBerry users BlackBerry adds a lot of value to my/our lives, so when someone else belittles that value, how can you not take it personally?

Wouldn't some people react the same way if someone badmouthed their cars etc.

I'm sure you have a product/service that adds a lot of value to your life that if someone tried to make that value seem meaningless you wouldn't just take it on the chin, just because for you it may not be your phone doesn't mean it's any less valid for it to be a phone for someone else..

Edit: to add salt to the wound, his comments are based lies!
    Check Out TechCraze
    04-03-15 05:41 AM
    It's an interesting phenomenon. Scary, but interesting nonetheless.
    04-03-15 07:16 AM
    It's an interesting phenomenon. Scary, but interesting nonetheless.
    That's brand loyalty. Really nothing to worry about.
    It's like protecting your child from a bully attack.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 07:36 AM
    LOL... that's the problem. The two (one's children and commercial brands) shouldn't command the same emotions.

IMHO of course.
    04-03-15 07:41 AM
    I'm personally not offended by his comments, I just found them a bit silly. And if he finds BB10 too difficult, then maybe he should go back to his iPhone, up to him. I still think it's just one of those little throwaway lines he's using in radio and press interviews to make him seem like normal everyday guy to attract votes and if it works, then he'll probably use the story for other junkets.

Anyway, came across this funny piece while surfing WhatCulture and was reminded of this thread so in the spirit of fairplay (and a little humour), I'm dropping it here.

12 Things Ed Miliband Wants You To Forget - Page 2
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    04-03-15 08:05 AM
    Embarrassed to say that I fell for the click bait...
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    04-03-15 08:12 AM
    Embarrassed to say that I fell for the click bait...
    It was only remembering this thread that made me click the link on the site, lol, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. =) WhatCulture is 100% click bait, but I do enjoy me some mindless entertainment from time to time.
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    04-03-15 08:44 AM
    Very smart... now he can be secretly addicted without being labeled in that way.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    lpthomasson likes this.
    04-03-15 10:01 AM
    Millband? Ffs get that off our platform!
    guygardner73 likes this.
    04-03-15 10:04 AM
    That's disturbing.
    lpthomasson and mikeo007 like this.
    04-03-15 10:20 AM
    That's disturbing.
    There are larger disturbing issues in life.
    At least in mine.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 10:54 AM
    I actually find android and ios devices harder to work with. I don't own an iPad or any other iDevice. But I wont claim one is more then effective than another, simple fact is if you adapt to a tool and its different than other tools you can find it difficult to use those other tools.

So its not surprise a Politician is spouting off about a new tool he doesn't full grasp how to use. That's kind of what they do about everything.
    kbz1960 and anon(9353145) like this.
    04-03-15 11:06 AM
109 1234 ...