Hey the guy is a politician...BS is in their DNA...

Posted via CB10
    Lawrie Sherratt likes this.
    04-03-15 11:20 AM
    Another reason not to vote for Ed Miliband and his awful Labour Party. Almost bankrupted the UK under Blair and Brown.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 02:56 PM
    Another reason not to vote for Ed Miliband and his awful Labour Party. Almost bankrupted the UK under Blair and Brown.

Posted via CB10
    #VoteUKIP
    04-03-15 03:00 PM
    The man is a prat and that's a fact

Posted via CB10
    Seconded

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    Lawrie Sherratt likes this.
    04-03-15 03:08 PM
    Not good. These are the very people that blackberry is supposedly target too :/

Posted via CB10
    I'd like to target Miliband!

04-03-15 03:12 PM
    It's election time in Britain and he's running for Prime Minister... the interview was on Absolute so it's likely a line given to him by a handler / strategist to make him sound more like a 'regular guy'.

Besides the fact that BlackBerry has Twitter bundled into the device, why not just remove the Twitter app from his iPhone?

And is it just me or does the fact that he finds doing things harder on a BlackBerry a little eyebrow raising? He's running for Prime Minister after all, if he finds that hard how's he going to manage the economy, international relations, etc with any degree of competence, haha. Not to mention the lack of control, not something that's a selling point either when you're asking people to vote for you for top office. What a silly line.
    He is a moron and a dangerous moron at that. His party nearly bankrupted Britain and went to war with Iraq at huge cost to the taxpayer and soldier's families and they sold it to the public by claiming they had reason to believe Iraq had WMD's. Everybody knew they didn't and no proof was forthcoming. These people are incompetent at best and maliciously evil at worst.

paulwallace1234 likes this.
    04-03-15 03:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the Labour party has repeatedly shown that it cannot and should not run this country. The thought of them getting into power again is more worrying than UKIP running the economy. (just). Whether you like them or loathe them, the Conservative party is the only one with a proven track record.

04-03-15 03:25 PM
    The thought of them getting into power again is more worrying than UKIP running the economy. (just).

I'm not going to get into a political debate, but, I think you've watched too much left wing biased TV.
    04-03-15 03:36 PM
    Let's keep the political discussion somewhere else.
    pkcable and kbz1960 like this.
    04-03-15 03:41 PM

Because businesses exist to add value to our lives and also to the wider society, people (especially today) rely more and more on their mobile phones and as BlackBerry users BlackBerry adds a lot of value to my/our lives, so when someone else belittles that value, how can you not take it personally?

Wouldn't some people react the same way if someone badmouthed their cars etc.

I'm sure you have a product/service that adds a lot of value to your life that if someone tried to make that value seem meaningless you wouldn't just take it on the chin, just because for you it may not be your phone doesn't mean it's any less valid for it to be a phone for someone else..
    Sure. There are lots of products and services that add value to my life. But when I've ever seen something bad written or said about them I've never thought of taking it personally. It's just stuff. If this stuff wasn't present in my life adding value it would just be something else. Its all interchangeable.

Being that personally and emotionally invested in our stuff is not something that should be celebrated or brushed off as "no big deal".

That's brand loyalty. Really nothing to worry about.
    It's like protecting your child from a bully attack.
    It's not even remotely close to being in the ball park of being anything like that.
    04-03-15 04:41 PM
    Sure. There are lots of products and services that add value to my life. But when I've ever seen something bad written or said about them I've never thought of taking it personally. It's just stuff. If this stuff wasn't present in my life adding value it would just be something else. Its all interchangeable.

Being that personally and emotionally invested in our stuff is not something that should be celebrated or brushed off as "no big deal".

It's not even remotely close to being in the ball park of being anything like that.
    Good outlook. Your use of the word stuff reminds me of George Carlin's awesome routine on Stuff, lol. Brand loyalty is a powerful force in the marketplace and plays into human nature. Think about politics, sports teams, Marvel vs DC, religion, etc. It's affects everything and stirs passions.
    Last edited by Reaney; 04-03-15 at 07:15 PM.
    04-03-15 06:52 PM
    Perhaps his smartphone addiction was all about games lol

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 06:54 PM
    I've never looked at Android or IOS phones as smartphones, more like play phones. They remind me of how Sony Ericsson and Nokia used to position their phones as multimedia devices...play phones. As far as I am concerned...a "smartphone" would be a device that helps you work smarter. Blackberry devices...definitely smartphones to me. In spite of all the shenanigans that happened during the Balsillie/Lazaridis dynasty, there was and IMO still is a reason why BlackBerry was the choice of government and corporations.

No phone I have seen can handle information better or faster. This article is flawed; the politician didn't cure his smartphone addiction, he just stopped futzing around with worthless junk like Angry Birds and all the umpteen entertainment apps that the IOS store is flooded with. Now with the Blackberry, he can experience true information overload bliss.

Shame he's a prime ministerial candidate though, he comes off like a fool. If anything, he needs to be cured of his stupiditis.
    You can't cure stupid. BB is not hard to use at all for tweeting or facebook.
    04-03-15 07:17 PM
    You can't cure stupid. BB is not hard to use at all for tweeting or facebook.
    What if one wants to do more than simplistic posting? Still as easy?
    04-03-15 07:23 PM
    What if one wants to do more than simplistic posting? Still as easy?
    I wouldn't really know Tre as I don't do much of either, but feel free to enlighten all of us. I do know the Hub is there in BB10 which makes responding to messages and accounts as good as it gets.
    Skyforever likes this.
    04-03-15 07:39 PM
    I wouldn't really know Tre as I don't do much of either, but feel free to enlighten all of us. I do know the Hub is there in BB10 which makes responding to messages and accounts as good as it gets.
    ... unless you need to answer multiple accounts at the same time, schedule postings, share stuff intra-networks and such, which the Hub can't handle AFAIK.

I wouldn't judge anyone's intelligence or worth based on perceived knowledge of a smartphone's capabilities.
    04-03-15 08:07 PM
    ... unless you need to answer multiple accounts at the same time, schedule postings, share stuff intra-networks and such, which the Hub can't handle AFAIK.

I wouldn't judge anyone's intelligence or worth based on perceived knowledge of a smartphone's capabilities.
    Nobody said you would.
    04-03-15 08:53 PM

Can you do this on Android or iOS? Do you have app links where that's possible while retaining the Hub functionality?

I'd love to know, I also have an iPhone 6 and Nexus 5 so I'm good to go if you can point me to the proper Google Play or ITunes Store link.... I'm pretty sure it's not possible on any platform but I'd love to be proven wrong.
    04-03-15 09:21 PM
    I tried an iPhone for a few days, and while I could certainly adapt if I had to, I don't want to. I guess the thing that makes the iPhone easy to use is that you have to press the home button for just about everything you do. Learn gestures? Do an upside L to peak at all your communications at once? No way. Press the home button and something will happen, then hunt for an icon, launch an app, press home and another, rinse repeat. Hardly efficient, but simple and consistent.

So with no home button, the iPhone user is totally lost. Like getting into a car without a steering wheel.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 09:42 PM
    Can you do this on Android or iOS? Do you have app links where that's possible while retaining the Hub functionality?

I'd love to know, I also have an iPhone 6 and Nexus 5 so I'm good to go if you can point me to the proper Google Play or ITunes Store link.... I'm pretty sure it's not possible on any platform but I'd love to be proven wrong.
    It's possible. No hub functionality in the way BB10 provides, but iOS and Android handle social media management a bit better, in that order IMHO. There are several applications on iTunes and Play Store that allow brand managers to work on the go.

Like Alicia Keys before the, uh, hack.

But one team that makes a good cross-purpose app is OneLouder. Sprout and Buffer do as well.

The stock Twitter app allows for multiple accounts too.
    04-03-15 10:30 PM
    I tried an iPhone for a few days, and while I could certainly adapt if I had to, I don't want to. I guess the thing that makes the iPhone easy to use is that you have to press the home button for just about everything you do. Learn gestures? Do an upside L to peak at all your communications at once? No way. Press the home button and something will happen, then hunt for an icon, launch an app, press home and another, rinse repeat. Hardly efficient, but simple and consistent.

So with no home button, the iPhone user is totally lost. Like getting into a car without a steering wheel.

Posted via CB10
    I see your point, and I'm not a fan of home buttons, but it's hard to knock simplicity. Get an iPhone, and most people know instinctively how to use it.

You can't put a price on that.
    04-03-15 10:32 PM
    It's possible. No hub functionality in the way BB10 provides, but iOS and Android handle social media management a bit better, in that order IMHO. There are several applications on iTunes and Play Store that allow brand managers to work on the go.

Like Alicia Keys before the, uh, hack.

But one team that makes a good cross-purpose app is OneLouder. Sprout and Buffer do as well.

The stock Twitter app allows for multiple accounts too.
    Thanks for the links, I didn't know about OneLouder but visiting the site I'm not even sure what they do, regardless of platform, lol. It's not even close to what I'm looking for from what I can tell. I guess it's not just BlackBerry that is obtuse when it comes to communicating what they do, haha. Assuming I'm stupid, what is the point of OneLouder?

As for multiple Twitter accounts, I don't think that's something that the average smartphone user needs whether or not they're on iOS, Android, BlackBerry or Windows Phone. No one I know needs that so that's not something that would apply to the consumer market, imho.
    Last edited by Reaney; 04-03-15 at 11:03 PM.
    04-03-15 10:46 PM
    I see your point, and I'm not a fan of home buttons, but it's hard to knock simplicity. Get an iPhone, and most people know instinctively how to use it.

You can't put a price on that.
    Well Apple finds a way to put a high price on that.
    04-03-15 10:47 PM
    If y'all haven't had one before, I'm afraid the UK will have their very own version of G. W. Bush in 10 Downing if this nork wins. And I'm from Texas.

Mount a old crank phone on the wall if he gets in there, otherwise he might not be able to call out!

Good luck.
    04-03-15 10:55 PM
    Thanks for the links, I didn't know about OneLouder but visiting the site I'm not even sure what they do, regardless of platform, lol. It's not even close to what I'm looking for from what I can tell. I guess it's not just BlackBerry that is obtuse when it comes to communicating what they do, haha. Assuming I'm stupid, what is the point of OneLouder?

As for multiple Twitter accounts, I don't think that's something that the average smartphone user needs whether or not they're on iOS, Android, BlackBerry or Windows Phone. No one I know needs that so that's not something that would apply to the consumer market, imho.
    True, but that was what I was trying to say: for advanced social network use, one might want more than BB10 offes.

My bad... OneLouder does TweetCaster... good for multiple accounts, FB, scheduled tweets and such.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    04-03-15 11:59 PM
109 12345