OK... so as most are aware, T-Mobile turned their back on BlackBerry last year. Although they are still supporting Q10 and Z10 users, if you move away from your BlackBerry phone, you cannot go back. Furthermore, they are not carrying the Passport (for now, AT&T is exclusive U.S. carrier).

Therefore, I'd like to ask the lucky Passport holders in the U.S. If they have successfully brought the Passport to any U.S. Carrier, obviously other than AT&T??

The primary carriers in question would be:

T-Mobile (GSM)
    Verizon (CDMA)
    Sprint (CDMA)

I am currently with T-Mo, and honestly, hands-down they have the best value for rate plans, best coverage (2nd to Verizon, but only in U.S.), and amazing customer service. I've been with them for 11 years, but was very disappointed with the BlackBerry decision. However, due to the other plus's, I can't see myself leaving, and they do promote their ability to welcome other phones not in their network (branding themselves "the un-carrier").

I'm primarily interested in T-Mobile.

Willy the Q - Miami, FL, on Q10
    09-27-14 08:23 PM
    tmobile works.
    willyq711 likes this.
    09-27-14 08:24 PM
    T-Mobile would be no problem (minus the lack of voLTE and WiFi calling.) People are reporting intermittent cases of LTE not working on AT&T; personally I think they can all be attributed to SIM/plan provisioning. Sprint you can forget about, and Verizon too, pretty much.
    willyq711 likes this.
    09-27-14 08:26 PM
    I'm using my Passport on T-Mobile.. I had to get a nano sim from them because the micro sim from my Z30 and Q10 won't work. I get LTE everywhere I normally do.. no complaints about my Passport on T-Mobile, though the T-Mobile CEO is annoying.

Posted via CB10
    willyq711 likes this.
    09-27-14 08:30 PM
    Is it possible to have a nano sim card and a micro sim card "active", although not simultaneously in use? To do things like... switching back and forth between a Passport and a Z30?

Posted via CB10
    willyq711 likes this.
    09-27-14 08:34 PM
    Is it possible to have a nano sim card and a micro sim card "active", although not simultaneously in use? To do things like... switching back and forth between a Passport and a Z30?

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can if you buy a micro sim card adapter for the nano sim.

Check with ebay.
    09-27-14 08:38 PM
    Not in the US or Canada. My solution would be to keep the smaller SIM active, and just swap devices as you go (without using a SIM adapter.)
    willyq711 likes this.
    09-27-14 08:39 PM
    I'm on Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154 on Tmobile. I took mine to the store and the people there were amazed with the keyboard. They even said that people had asked for it. They've asked me to bring it back in when I get it all set up.

I'm not having any problems with my service and I love my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    willyq711 likes this.
    09-27-14 08:55 PM
    Not in the US or Canada. My solution would be to keep the smaller SIM active, and just swap devices as you go (without using a SIM adapter.)
    Thats what I've done with my micro sim and older device that requires standard sim. However those older devices have a pretty easy "tray" under the battery that you can just sort of slide the micro sim and hopefully aligned it properly. With a device like the Z30, which has the spring loaded side slot,.. I imagine it probably eats your nano sim card and never returns it.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:03 PM
    Thats what I've done with my micro sim and older device that requires standard sim. However those older devices have a pretty easy "tray" under the battery that you can just sort of slide the micro sim and hopefully aligned it properly. With a device like the Z30, which has the spring loaded side slot,.. I imagine it probably eats your nano sim card and never returns it.
    Oh...right. A tray complicates things. Seating the nano SIM in a micro tray would become harder, plus it doesn't really fix the "bulkiness" issue that plagues some adapters, since a tray is just another form of a "closed top," adapter-killing SIM slot, like the one found in a 9810, for example. Hmmm.
    09-27-14 10:05 PM
    I'm using my Passport on T-Mobile.. I had to get a nano sim from them because the micro sim from my Z30 and Q10 won't work. I get LTE everywhere I normally do.. no complaints about my Passport on T-Mobile, though the T-Mobile CEO is annoying.

Posted via CB10
    AMEN to that!
    09-27-14 11:19 PM
    I'm on Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154 on Tmobile. I took mine to the store and the people there were amazed with the keyboard. They even said that people had asked for it. They've asked me to bring it back in when I get it all set up.

I'm not having any problems with my service and I love my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the quick responses Posters. I just traded up my Q10 for a new one fro $5 with T-Mo and will be selling it next week. I am awaiting to see when either Blackberry or Amazon restocks the Passport so that I can get mine ordered. That's very good news that T-Mo's Network is supporting the Passport.

There should not be any LTE issues whatsoever though, as they currently do have Blackberry network access and it's protocol is similar or the same as the Z10's and Q10's.

As for WiFi Calling, are you saying that the Passport does not have it activated due to not having the T-Mo approved 10.3?? Please clarify.... Reason being, if the WiFi calling is not activated or working on the Passport (on T-Mo's network), then that may mean that the Hotspot feature, of which I use HEAVILY with my MS Surface Pro 2, might not be working either! Can someone please test the Hotspot feature?
    JL Sweeney likes this.
    09-27-14 11:28 PM
    As for WiFi Calling, are you saying that the Passport does not have it activated due to not having the T-Mo approved 10.3?? Please clarify.... Reason being, if the WiFi calling is not activated or working on the Passport (on T-Mo's network), then that may mean that the Hotspot feature, of which I use HEAVILY with my MS Surface Pro 2, might not be working either! Can someone please test the Hotspot feature?
    I'll spare you the technical details, but Hotspot is independent of WiFi calling. If you have a plan which provides for Hotspot usage, the feature will continue to work.
    09-28-14 12:17 AM
    T-Mobile would be no problem (minus the lack of voLTE and WiFi calling.) People are reporting intermittent cases of LTE not working on AT&T; personally I think they can all be attributed to SIM/plan provisioning. Sprint you can forget about, and Verizon too, pretty much.
    What's voLTE?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:43 AM
    OK... so as most are aware, T-Mobile turned their back on BlackBerry last year. Although they are still supporting Q10 and Z10 users, if you move away from your BlackBerry phone, you cannot go back. Furthermore, they are not carrying the Passport (for now, AT&T is exclusive U.S. carrier).

Therefore, I'd like to ask the lucky Passport holders in the U.S. If they have successfully brought the Passport to any U.S. Carrier, obviously other than AT&T??

The primary carriers in question would be:

T-Mobile (GSM)
    Verizon (CDMA)
    Sprint (CDMA)

I am currently with T-Mo, and honestly, hands-down they have the best value for rate plans, best coverage (2nd to Verizon, but only in U.S.), and amazing customer service. I've been with them for 11 years, but was very disappointed with the BlackBerry decision. However, due to the other plus's, I can't see myself leaving, and they do promote their ability to welcome other phones not in their network (branding themselves "the un-carrier").

I'm primarily interested in T-Mobile.

Why don't you make your feelings know to them directly.

Sent from my outdated Z10
    09-28-14 09:45 AM
    In regards to the Nano SIM, your carrier should give it to you for free, providing you are picking it up at a carrier owned store. Just explain to them without their SIM in the phone, they can't bill you for the use of the phone

Do not use SIM adapters to use the Nano SIM in you Z10, Z30, or Q10. They may jam and when you take it out, you will break the SIM reader. I looked at my Q10 and it has a reader that you may be able to center the Nano SIM in without an adapter, similar to how you could put the micro SIM into the SIM reader of a 9900.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:15 AM
    What's voLTE?
    Voice over LTE. Basically, transitioning voice and other services off from older (CDMA, GSM, etc.) networks to LTE.
    09-28-14 10:34 AM
    Raino, what would your suggestion be about buying from shopbb or amazon when avail again, or waiting for att to release? I'll be doing a monthly plan with att since my vzw line isn't up till jun. But with the mixed results of LTE on att, your suggestion pls?

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1154 - CB10
    09-28-14 10:49 AM
    09-28-14 12:23 PM
    Why don't you make your feelings know to them directly.

Sent from my outdated Z10
    I did... It got "logged"... I was thinking of challenging Legere to an MMA match next.

09-28-14 12:26 PM
    I had my Z30 on TMo, no problems with a 100-5. Now I have a Passport bought from ShopBlackberry. Works fine.
    09-28-14 12:29 PM
    Raino, what would your suggestion be about buying from shopbb or amazon when avail again, or waiting for att to release? I'll be doing a monthly plan with att since my vzw line isn't up till jun. But with the mixed results of LTE on att, your suggestion pls?
    I really think the issues with AT&T LTE are all provisioning related, i.e. a precise phone call to 611 and/or a rep who knows what they're doing should take care of them. Anyhow, whether to buy from ShopBB/Amazon or AT&T: if you want the least bit of hassle and quick customer service, especially regarding this LTE (non-) issue, I would recommend buying your phone from AT&T in store, and getting it set up there.
    09-28-14 01:03 PM
    In regards to the Nano SIM, your carrier should give it to you for free, providing you are picking it up at a carrier owned store. Just explain to them without their SIM in the phone, they can't bill you for the use of the phone

Do not use SIM adapters to use the Nano SIM in you Z10, Z30, or Q10. They may jam and when you take it out, you will break the SIM reader. I looked at my Q10 and it has a reader that you may be able to center the Nano SIM in without an adapter, similar to how you could put the micro SIM into the SIM reader of a 9900.

Posted via CB10
    I hear ya... the problem is that I'd like to still use the Z30, which has a spring loaded slot you jam the SIM in, a nano sim just wouldn't "hook in" there because it's too small. I still can't believe there wasn't enough space in the Passport to make a micro SIM slot... I mean, look at that thing, it could probably fit an old style cable box card... lol

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 01:19 PM
    I hear ya... the problem is that I'd like to still use the Z30, which has a spring loaded slot you jam the SIM in, a nano sim just wouldn't "hook in" there because it's too small. I still can't believe there wasn't enough space in the Passport to make a micro SIM slot... I mean, look at that thing, it could probably fit an old style cable box card... lol

Posted via CB10
    I am typing this on a Z30 with a broken SIM reader that I bought off kijiji. The seller had an iPhone in his other hand. Not hard to guess how the reader got broken, lost a pin in it

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 02:26 PM