I noticed a slightly brighter spot on my BlackBerry Passport's screen. I've seen similar affects on older laptop monitors, or other LCD screens when there is a lot of pressure applied to an area, or there is a small defect reflecting light moreso than the rest of the screen.

This particular spot is right in front of the bottom right corner of the back camera (when looking into the camera lens). It's mostly noticeable on white screens and is almost invisible unless you're actually looking for it. I've had my Passport since December and didn't notice it until now (it could have been there since purchase, not sure). The phone has experienced no drops or trauma.

It's not bad enough to return or anything, to be honest it almost looks like a small square (similar to a surface mount LED), maybe it's the backlight bleeding through?

My thoughts are that its where the backlight is mounted, being so close to the camera lens, the backlight and camera flash could be on the same circuit.

In any case, has anyone experienced this on their Passport? Or something similar?
    02-25-15 07:54 PM
    Try camera in a dark room.
    02-26-15 05:29 AM
    I've noticed the same exact thing in the same spot. No drops, no pressure in that spot in my pocket or anything. Maybe it is juts a tight spot behind the screen with camera hardware or something. Something pushing slightly on the back of the screen or something. Idk. I only see it when I look for it too.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 12:05 PM
    Are you going to try and get a repair or something? I find it quite annoying...especially in the Hub.
    03-19-15 06:51 PM
    The screen and mainboard / camera circuitry are separated by the phone chassis in the middle which is like a panel the size of the screen that everything screws or sticks onto (mb, battery, ports, headset, sensors, cameras and frame with mostly screws on back side; screen sticks on front. Keyboard kind of hangs of it with screws and tape and snaps into the frame then screws through it).

There is a ribbon cable connection on the back of the screen assembly that I could see lining up at this point though.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 11:36 PM
    Interesting...could be that ribbon cable then, or rather its termination point. Ultimately could just be some sort of defect in the screen.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 01:31 AM
    Pictures would make us understand better....

03-20-15 04:00 AM

1. What my screen looked like

2. Back side of LCD Assembly

3. Front of side of body minus screen (white tape not factory)

4. Back side of body minus mainboard (frame still attached)
    03-20-15 07:09 AM
    I would have sent that straight back. I had one teeny frozen pixel and sent it back and they replaced it straight away

03-20-15 07:58 AM
    Are stuck pixels considered a warranty covered item? There is usually a disclaimer on most large screen TV or monitors around stuck or hot pixel issues.

This Passport takes me places!
    03-20-15 09:57 AM
    Yes they are covered under warranty

03-20-15 11:23 AM
    Bright Spot on Passport Screen-img_20150320_134314.jpg

Posted via CB10
    BRS64 likes this.
    03-21-15 03:38 PM
    My bright spot seems to be right where that circle is on the chassis just north of center. Pretty much in that exact spot on the screen.

....thinking about calling BlackBerry about it. Once I noticed it, that's all I see now lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 10:52 PM
    I had a blueish/purplish spot on my screen, just a little over the keyboard. It looked like there was a ton of pressure put on the LCD screen, but I had only had the phone for just over a month, and took great care of it. After posting on crackberry and hearing another members story, I sent it back for a new one. Pretty confident it was some sort of defect.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 11:28 PM
    I too have this bright spot on my passport

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 11:29 PM
    Hi guys i notice the same thing, and i will return my passport today
    I think that is caused by metal close to back of the screen (magnetic interference) but it drive me crazy now that i know

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 12:04 AM
    If in doubt get it checked out!

03-30-15 02:56 AM
    Yeah I have one too. Sent the phone in to get repaired, and just got a new passport back today. The new one has a (slightly smaller) spot as well, unfortunately.
    03-31-15 07:33 PM
    just for the record, I also had it. In the center toward the top. Amazon swapped it out without any hassle. new one is perfect.
    03-31-15 08:41 PM
    Yeah I have one too. Sent the phone in to get repaired, and just got a new passport back today. The new one has a (slightly smaller) spot as well, unfortunately.
    I know it's inconvenience but keep sending back till you get a perfect one

04-01-15 01:59 AM
    I have a spot in same spot north of center. Good call whoever opened up and found that spot.

I hate sending these back because I don't like losing all my data like email history.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 07:39 AM
    I talked BlackBerry Customer Support yesterday about my bright spot (finally got fed up with it). They were going to send me a new RMA device, but also wanted to put a $500 hold on my bank account, which I wasn't a fan of. So they are shipping me a box to send them my passport in for a same device repair. I also brought up how much the battery life has declined in the 6 months I've had my passport, the proximity sensor doesn't work all the time during calls (probably software related, but I brought it up anyway), and the top fret on my keyboard is raised up slightly on the right side. So hopefully they get all this straightened out. I'll post again with the outcome of this debacle.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 12:21 PM