12-02-18 06:09 PM
32 12
tools
    Hello All,

I'm a phone-o-phile and have gone through 6 phones in the last 6 months. I buy em for a good price, use em for a bit and then sell them on Craigslist.

Got a pretty good deal ($150) on a sealed OG passport (this will be the 4th time buying the Passport over the last 2 years!). It is just so damn unique and it keeps calling me back - then I keep selling it when I'm defeated and know it's too big for my pockets :^)

So....anyway.
    Reason for my post is, Should I keep the original stock OS or update it? I want to avoid the dreaded "Wi-Fi ONLY" bug.

Any insight would be great.
    Thanks
    Do NOT upgrade. Let it live what's it living on!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-18 10:24 AM
    The bugs you are referring too are hardware defects that come overtime. Upgrade it if it's new.
    11-30-18 08:33 PM
    Upgrade to latest BB10 OS.
    12-01-18 11:57 AM
    First, the KEY devices have to sell well enough. Then, we'll see if TCL wants to bother with a riskier form factor.
    How many dozen key² sold ?
    12-01-18 09:44 PM
    Hello All,

I'm a phone-o-phile and have gone through 6 phones in the last 6 months. I buy em for a good price, use em for a bit and then sell them on Craigslist.

Got a pretty good deal ($150) on a sealed OG passport (this will be the 4th time buying the Passport over the last 2 years!). It is just so damn unique and it keeps calling me back - then I keep selling it when I'm defeated and know it's too big for my pockets :^)

So....anyway.
    Reason for my post is, Should I keep the original stock OS or update it? I want to avoid the dreaded "Wi-Fi ONLY" bug.

Any insight would be great.
    Thanks
    My OG passport from BlackBerry itself had bb10 ver "2.x" and the updates to "3.3.x" were full of improvements ...The wifi bug went away somewhere in there. I would say yes, but really make sure you've got the correct update to load...

That said, remember, the upgrade from a version 2.x to version 3.x is a ONE WAY STREET in bb10 OS and cannot be undone... there is NO RETURN PATH
    12-02-18 03:49 AM
    And yet PassPort die-hards are/were quick to bash the KEYone/KEY2's (TCL's) build quality as if the "mighty" Passport didn't have its own fair share of issues also
    Untrue. I have both Passport original and SE as well as Keyone black edition and Key2. The general built quality is different but the components in particular. Just compare the cellular antennas for starters. That is not to say Keyone and Key2 are lousy devices, of course.
    12-02-18 12:36 PM
    Untrue. I have both Passport original and SE as well as Keyone black edition and Key2. The general built quality is different but the components in particular. Just compare the cellular antennas for starters. That is not to say Keyone and Key2 are lousy devices, of course.
    I was talking about quality control and hardware issues in general, not the components used.
    12-02-18 06:09 PM
32 12